R.I.P Jim Johnson

R.I.P Jim Johnson Age 68 has lost his battle to cancer and leaves behind a great coaching career. :unsure:

R.I.P To one of footballs greatest defensive minds. A huge loss for the NFL, and for the mans family. As someone who always enjoyed watching the eagles virtualy no name defense play an agressive style of defense, I will miss the style he brought to the game. It will live on through coaches like Spags, and Harbaugh, and the current Eagles staff.

R.I.P You will be missed

RIP sad day for the philly family and football fans in general. I always wondered why he never got a mention for a head coaching job?

I think he was content with where he was at. Fewer political/media games, good enough $, was able to just focus on what he loved as a coordinator. I'm a little surprised there aren't more guys like that.

R.I.P Jim Johnson Age 68 has lost his battle to cancer and leaves behind a great coaching career. :wallbash:

R.I.P To one of footballs greatest defensive minds. A huge loss for the NFL, and for the mans family. As someone who always enjoyed watching the eagles virtualy no name defense play an agressive style of defense, I will miss the style he brought to the game. It will live on through coaches like Spags, and Harbaugh, and the current Eagles staff.

R.I.P You will be missed

Could have not said it any better.

RIP Jim

Assistant coaches never fully get the credit that they are due. Fortunately, there are some people who realize the true impact that he had on the game. Not many assistant coaches make it into the HOF, but he is definitely deserving. However, he will probably never make it in because the committee is pretty much clueless.

RIP J.J.

This is a sad day for the Eagles & Johnson family. This man loved football and was an excellent teacher to many players. I hope the HOF allows him in next years. R.I.P. the football world lost a great man whether your a Eagles fan or not..

R.I.P Jim Johnson Age 68 has lost his battle to cancer and leaves behind a great coaching career. :wallbash:

R.I.P You will be missed

shocking...he had just stepped down officially a few weeks ago...unbelievable how fast cancer moves sometimes...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?story_id=18048

Dammit. Figured it was bad news when the Eagles named a replacement at DC, but didn't expect anything this soon.

R.I.P. to a true innovator of the game.

I was absolutely stunned when I saw they named a new coordinator a week or so ago. I wasn't even aware Jim had cancer. I just assumed since he was so old, and battling an illnes, that he had retired or taken some sort of leave. I can't believe he's dead.

:lol:

R.I.P You will be missed