Jeff George

major

I read a thread today that was critical of Fitz. If you don't like him, Jeff George is available. Here were his comments the other day:

"I feel like I can still play, and if there's someone out there to give me a shot, that would be wonderful," George said last week on his way back home to Indianapolis from one of his frequent trips to Champaign, where he tutors Atkins and a couple of other young area quarterbacks. ...

"You look throughout the league, you see 20 teams that need quarterbacks – 20 teams need starters – and probably everybody needs a backup," George said. "In my opinion, there's just not a lot of quality quarterbacks out there these days."

Seems like a nice guy. We should sign him. Great for the locker room.

I read a thread today that was critical of Fitz. If you don't like him, Jeff George is available. Here were his comments the other day:

"I feel like I can still play, and if there's someone out there to give me a shot, that would be wonderful," George said last week on his way back home to Indianapolis from one of his frequent trips to Champaign, where he tutors Atkins and a couple of other young area quarterbacks. ...

"You look throughout the league, you see 20 teams that need quarterbacks – 20 teams need starters – and probably everybody needs a backup," George said. "In my opinion, there's just not a lot of quality quarterbacks out there these days."

Current FA QBs according to NFL.com

Bollinger, Brooks

Frerotte, Gus

Gray, Quinn

Green, Trent

Grossman, Rex

Henson, Drew

Johnson, Brad

Losman, J.P.

Martin, Jamie

Nall, Craig

Tuiasosopo, Marques

Vick, Michael

Wright, Anthony

Not much of a list to pick from

I think Jeff George has a legit beef.

Bottom line is he can still throw the ball. I could see Jeff playing until he's 45-47 years old. It's all about the arm strength.

For those who think he played bad, you're nuts.

He played well with the Raiders, Falcons and Vikings. He led both the Falcons and Vikings to the playoffs. He's right, there's very few quality QBs out there.

Bottom line is he can still throw the ball. I could see Jeff playing until he's 45-47 years old. It's all about the arm strength.

For those who think he played bad, your nuts.

He played well with the Raiders, Falcons and Vikings. He led both the Falcons and Vikings to the playoffs. He's right, there's very few quality QBs out there.

If it was all just about throwing the ball the guy would have been a lot better than he was. A QB has to be a leader and a face of a franchise too, George was never that. Throwing the ball only gets you so far.

Current FA QBs according to NFL.com

Bollinger, Brooks

Frerotte, Gus

Gray, Quinn

Green, Trent

Grossman, Rex

Henson, Drew

Johnson, Brad

Losman, J.P.

Martin, Jamie

Nall, Craig

Tuiasosopo, Marques

Vick, Michael

Wright, Anthony

Not much of a list to pick from

Green retired and Grossman signed with Houston.

I would have some interest in Frerotte and Johnson.

Green retired and Grossman signed with Houston.

I would have some interest in Frerotte and Johnson.

Yeah I knew Green had retired. Forgot about Grossman as did a lot of people. Still the point is, there's not much out there better than what is on the roster. I would ponder Johnson, but is he really that much of an upgrade over Fitzpatrick?

For those who think he played bad, your nuts.

It has been well documented that George was a TERRIBLE teammate, that is the reason he will never play in the NFL again.

Brian Griese just got cut too, right? He seems like the archetype for a backup QB.

If you'd like Jeff George, we could also look at a few of his draft classmates: Neil O'Donnell, Scott Mitchell, Emmitt Smith, and Carwell Gardener. We need an FB, right?

Junior Seau and Matt Stover are the last active players from that class, if they are in fact active.