OUR TEAM, OUR TIME!!

john

I think 95% of the posts I've read on this message board this summer have been negative and down right depressing. I'm not going to call someone out for their opinion or bash someone for not having a good feeling about the season. I know the last nine years have been rough and of course there is obvious reason to lose heart and to stop believing in our Buffalo Bills. It really has become a sad franchise and we have become a sad bunch of 'yesteryear' fans in the process.

That said, I personally choose not to be pessimistic at this point in time. Now is the time of year when we have a right to be optimistic and make bold predictions and dream about making the playoffs and shocking the world! I know there are a lot of questions surrounding this team right now, namely the young/reshuffled offensive line and the question marks on the defensive line/line backing group. However, I'm going to put on my rose colored glasses, will the question marks to turn into a positive and a strength for the team, and I'm going to scream my head off every Sunday win, lose, or draw until the season is over with. And until the Bills are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'm still punching my ticket to the Super Bowl and I hope some of you will join me. This is OUR time and this is OUR year. Dream it, believe it, enjoy it. We ARE going to surprise everyone this year and bounce back with a vengeance. Why not? Each season one or more teams rise out of the ashes and shock the world. We are more than overdue and I say our time is NOW!!

GO BUFFALO!!!! Don't give up though some have given up on you. See you in the playoffs boys!!!!!!!

John in NC

I think 95% of the posts I've read on this message board this summer have been negative and down right depressing. I'm not going to call someone out for their opinion or bash someone for not having a good feeling about the season. I know the last nine years have been rough and of course there is obvious reason to lose heart and to stop believing in our Buffalo Bills. It really has become a sad franchise and we have become a sad bunch of 'yesteryear' fans in the process.

That said, I personally choose not to be pessimistic at this point in time. Now is the time of year when we have a right to be optimistic and make bold predictions and dream about making the playoffs and shocking the world! I know there are a lot of questions surrounding this team right now, namely the young/reshuffled offensive line and the question marks on the defensive line/line backing group. However, I'm going to put on my rose colored glasses, will the question marks to turn into a positive and a strength for the team, and I'm going to scream my head off every Sunday win, lose, or draw until the season is over with. And until the Bills are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'm still punching my ticket to the Super Bowl and I hope some of you will join me. This is OUR time and this is OUR year. Dream it, believe it, enjoy it. We ARE going to surprise everyone this year and bounce back with a vengeance. Why not? Each season one or more teams rise out of the ashes and shock the world. We are more than overdue and I say our time is NOW!!

GO BUFFALO!!!! Don't give up though some have given up on you. See you in the playoffs boys!!!!!!!

John in NC

Nice post. I agree and praise your optimism as I feel the same way.

John in NC

I'll have what he's having.... :unsure:

I love your enthusiasm. I am also pumped for the season. No reason this can not be our year, if TE becomes the QB that we hope he can be, we are RISING. GO BILLS!!!

John in NC

John in NC

:unsure: Well said, John.

May I add just one more word....?

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!!! :wallbash:

John in NC

I believe so much in the players, I truly believe the Bills have the talent to not only compete but to go deep into the playoffs. That's why its so maddening that we continue with a coaching staff (minus special teams) that's completely incompetent where defining them as "sub-par" would be flattering. I truly believe under a coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher this is a 12 win team. Under Dumb Dick, we'll be lucky to crack 8 wins.

I believe in the players, I don't believe in the staff.

I believe so much in the players, I truly believe the Bills have the talent to not only compete but to go deep into the playoffs. That's why its so maddening that we continue with a coaching staff (minus special teams) that's completely incompetent where defining them as "sub-par" would be flattering. I truly believe under a coach like Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher this is a 12 win team. Under Dumb Dick, we'll be lucky to crack 8 wins.

Truth (but a few more players wouldn't hurt either).

I can’t argue with anything you have to say here. I agree. The coaching staff we have in place now has not proven that they are capable of leading this team to the playoffs. However, as stated before, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt this year. Brand new season, brand new attitude, do or die, and Jauron knows it’s playoffs or bust for him. I believe that Perry’s defensive scheme will finally start to pay off in this being year three and the new up tempo offense has me excited. Jauron may make a ton of questionable calls on game day, but he also has the balls to pull the fake field goal/fake punt/onsides kick out of his butt sometimes when other coaches wouldn’t even dare. I don’t always see the ‘smarts’ in his eyes but I do see the heart and this year we will truly find out how much fight he has within him. I think you will see the players elevate their play and the playoffs WILL happen.

Let’s do this Buffalo!!!!!!

John in NC

I disagree with your 95% assessment. I think it's closer to 60-40.. The bolded part suggests you're one of 'em, and is kinda contrary to the rest of your post, though symbolmatic. It's become a cyclic thing at TSW this decade. Mostly, the team is close near the end before the final kick in the gut happens and we're all pretty sour for a few months. Last years ending was a particluarly hard pill to swallow. But it lightens up by the draft and by now we're all back to eternal hope.

Reasons to believe:

We have one of the best seconday's in the league, in talent and depth. A 'staple' if you will of a Jauron team. R. Corner got better every game he played last year and once McKelvin settled down, he was sensational. Youboty has shown flashes of excellence as well and needs only stay healthy to demand starting consideration. Whitner and Mcgee are better than advertised and there's not much dropoff after that.

The D line is also better than advertised. Yes, front line sacks have to improve and there's no reason to think it won't with Schoebel's return and Maybin & Ellis mixed in. The DT's are very good. Our 14th overall ranking isn't a mirage and would have been ranked even higher had the offense been able to help out late in the season -sans @ Denver & KC.

A second year together will inevitably make Mitchell & Poz better. All our other LB's are fast as hell and there may well be a surprize in the making @ Ellison's current spot with Bowen, Harris or Thomas.

Lindell, Moorman, Parrish, McKelvin and April are the leading envy of the league. We've been near or at the top of ST's since Bobby April came on board and there's no reason to consider a dropoff this season.

Owens, Evans and Lynch are true stars in this league and Jackson & Reed are fine players who would make every roster in the league. Jackson & Rhodes provide more power and depth.

Trent Edwards is an accurate, intelligent and courageous QB, with significant experience for just entering his 3rd season.

Reasons for concern:

OL.

Game time coaching.

If either of the concerns become reasons to believe -and there's no evidence of it to date- we'll be in the playoffs this year and a league force for the forseeable future. If not,

7-9...

Go Bills!

Buffalo Bills optimism left me many years ago. I've got better and more lucritive things to stress out about.

Me too. I'm working on becoming the next Giuliano Bugialli while I'm listening to Nino Rota.

Great, best luck on your ventures.

John in NC

I think your rose colored glasses need to be a little stronger.

You keep banking on hopeless optimisim, and I'll take reality. Bad OL - bad DL - unproven QB - aging, skills declining, cancer causing WR - suspended RB - weak LB core - weak secondary - etc.

At least the Bills have Fred frickin Jackson. I know Bills fans are very enamored with him.

I think your rose colored glasses need to be a little stronger.

You keep banking on hopeless optimisim, and I'll take reality. Bad OL - bad DL - unproven QB - aging, skills declining, cancer causing WR - suspended RB - weak LB core - weak secondary - etc.

At least the Bills have Fred frickin Jackson. I know Bills fans are very enamored with him.

Why are you registered on this board? Seriously...go find a New England board to troll around on.