More fun with the Birthers!

I think it's a wacko thing to yell about. I think it's a waste of time. And I think it gives the Obama administration what they want; something else to use as yet another "label" for the people who disagree with his presidency, because they can (and do) point and say "Oh, those wacky right wing extremist teabagging astroturfing birthers." Gibbs is great at this grade-school trash talking.

And I don't put much into "denouncing" anything because that's simply a ridiculous political way of poisoning the well of your competition. I got nothing out of Obama denouncing Rev. Wright and I'd get nothing if this "60% of the party" or "half the Republican Congress" you refer to denounces it. It's stupid, and I don't need people denouncing it for me to figure out on my own that it's stupid.

It can't be good for the Republican party. Seriously. Even you know this and see it clearly. But the Republican members of Congress are doing something which I personally think is really stupid for them to do. Denouncing it would end it. Not denouncing it fuels it and it makes the Republicans and conservatives look bad. I'm glad they're still doing it, this is like Sarah Palin for me, the gifts that keep giving. I want all birthers and all Sarah Palin all the time. But I don't think it's good for your side, the same way you don't think Nancy Pelosi does any good for the Democrats, only bad (and I'd agree with you).

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Losing moderates" is what I said. Nothing to do with me. When you have a long standing right wing senator from a big state changing party....well

Numbers are out there AD...care to crunch 'em.

Nope. Doesn't matter to me.

Numbers that say the republican party is now a joke...numbers that say that changing demographics aren't favorable for the GOP.

Wasn't too long ago that the right was burying the left for pretty much the same reasons. But you keep patting yourself and the pathetic group you slurp for and then act surprised when the worm turns the other direction.

But you ain't right wing...right?

Nope. That's the problem with you partisan whackjobs. You've had so much practice swallowing your party's choad that you can't imagine anyone who disagrees with you as being anything but from the other side. My politics are far too complicated to be addressed by the idiots on either side of the current "aisle".

But I'm sure you can find plenty of right wingers (your definition) who're "anti-war", anti-military/industrial complex, pro choice, for the legalization of drugs, and agnostic.

Yeh...dry that one out and you can fertilize the lawn.

Somehow I doubt you even have a lawn.

You mean the 60% of the party that won't denounce it and allow it to go on, or half of the Republican Congress that won't denounce it and allow it to keep going on? Those are the "wackos" we're talking about, right?

I don't hear the Democrats denouncing Earth First, or 9/11 conspiracy theorists...

I don't hear the Democrats denouncing Earth First, or 9/11 conspiracy theorists...

But they also don't have a right-wing blogger chasing them with a Mr. Microphone and $10 throwaway digital camcorder chasing them all over the place asking them how they feel about Earth First and then posting the video on whatever the right considers their DailyKos. I agree with everything Kelly is saying about this. Like Sarah Palin, the left-wing bloggers and media (Tingles, Olbermann, Madcow) give birthers an elevated platform. If the left paid no attention to either of them, I'd be willing to bet no one else would either. Now, before Kelly starts whipping out 87 links to obscure right wing media outlets talking about birthers and Palin, let me be clear what I mean: if it were up to Fox, Drudge, Hannity, etc. to pay attention to birthers or Palin, birthers and Palin would be very lonely.

The left single-handedly shot Rush Limbaugh's ratings through the roof. The birthers won't be so lucky. The left knows this, which is why they are using this as their latest label to make people who disagree with Obama look like wackos.

I don't even know what Earth First is. <_<

It depends on what you mean by the 9/11 conspiracy theorists. There are a lot of people who think he was told about the (possible) attacks, which he was. So if you ask them "Did George Bush know about 9/11 before it happened?" some people who weren't crazy would say "yes".

But, if you said that he knew all along and was part of it or complicit, of course that is crazy. And if you asked members of the Democratic House and Senate if they thought Bush knew about 9/11 and was complicit that would flat say no, they don't believe it. That's treason.

But they also don't have a right-wing blogger chasing them with a Mr. Microphone and $10 throwaway digital camcorder chasing them all over the place asking them how they feel about Earth First and then posting the video on whatever the right considers their DailyKos.

Please stop acting like you don't know who Jesse Watters/Griff Jenkins are or what the conservative version(s) of DailyKos is/are. You're not fooling anyone.

It depends on what you mean by the 9/11 conspiracy theorists. There are a lot of people who think he was told about the (possible) attacks, which he was. So if you ask them "Did George Bush know about 9/11 before it happened?" some people who weren't crazy would say "yes".

What I mean is that there are certain people - "birthers", environmentalists who are legitimately terrorists (the Earth First nutjobs), 9/11 conspiracists, anyone who gets their news from prisonplanet.com, and the like - who are not "Republicans" or "Democrats". They're just idiots.

The parties don't denounce these morons for the same reason you shouldn't send Bill Clinton to North Korea: the moment you give them any recognition, even negative, you're giving them more legitimacy than they deserve. The idea that anyone supports an insane fringe group because they don't say anything against them is ludicrous.

We all know what Birthers can't deal with a black man as president. That's really what this is all about.

PTR

Doubt it. Most of the most vocal seem to think he's a tool of the Illuminati/Bilderbergers/Zionists, and probably would irrespective of his race.

What I mean is that there are certain people - "birthers", environmentalists who are legitimately terrorists (the Earth First nutjobs), 9/11 conspiracists, anyone who gets their news from prisonplanet.com, and the like - who are not "Republicans" or "Democrats". They're just idiots.

The parties don't denounce these morons for the same reason you shouldn't send Bill Clinton to North Korea: the moment you give them any recognition, even negative, you're giving them more legitimacy than they deserve. The idea that anyone supports an insane fringe group because they don't say anything against them is ludicrous.

Totally disagree, especially that last sentence. What I am talking about is Republican congressmen who don't believe for a second that Obama is not a citizen, saying things like, "I don't believe it myself but these folks have legitimate concerns and questions." they know exactly what they saying and why and what the effect will be. The effect will be that they themselves are immune from being directly linked with the wackos they know are wackos, but it's intentonally designed to embolden the wackos and keep the wackiness going. They all say almost the same thing and it's abundantly clear that it's designed to promote the thing not stop it. Again I personally am happy they're doing it because it's just so silly and what they think will help them I think will hurt them.

But if they denounced it as stupid, which they themselves believe, it would stop the whole thing quickly. Ifthey were smart that is what they would do. But they actually think this birther movement is beneficial to them. I think it contributes to their downfall

We all know what Birthers can't deal with a black man as president. That's really what this is all about.

PTR

If that's not satire you are a moron. Many of the birthers want the rule of law to be enforce and many of them know that Biden would replace Fearless Leader so they know there is no upside.

You are the one who injected race which would make you a rac.... you'll never understand...

But if they denounced it as stupid, which they themselves believe, it would stop the whole thing quickly. Ifthey were smart that is what they would do. But they actually think this birther movement is beneficial to them. I think it contributes to their downfall

They are now having the problem the Left had.....now that the Right has taken the title for having wacky activists.

Seriously though, now that shouting down your congressman in youtube tactics is in vogue, where does dialogue start ?---

I think we know the answer.

They are now having the problem the Left had.....now that the Right has taken the title for having wacky activists.

Seriously though, now that shouting down your congressman in youtube tactics is in vogue, where does dialogue start ?---

I think we know the answer.

You can't compare the wackiness of the left to the right. If the right did 1/100th the left did the media would obliterate them. Where was all the reporting of the wacko things the left did? There was very little. Now we have 3 media stations pretending the right won't dialogue with the left.

Did it ever occur to you the congressman won't dialogue with us, and the fake dialogue of listening to their districts while not caring how they vote is the polar opposite of dialogue?

Let me re-ask the question since this might seem too abstract for you... do you think the Congress really dialogued with the public about the bailouts? Could it be the people realize they have no voice the majority of the time even if they vote their guy in with either a R or D next to their name.

You can't compare the wackiness of the left to the right. If the right did 1/100th the left did the media would obliterate them. Where was all the reporting of the wacko things the left did? There was very little. Now we have 3 media stations pretending the right won't dialogue with the left.

Did it ever occur to you the congressman won't dialogue with us, and the fake dialogue of listening to their districts while not caring how they vote is the polar opposite of dialogue?

Let me re-ask the question since this might seem too abstract for you... do you think the Congress really dialogued with the public about the bailouts? Could it be the people realize they have no voice the majority of the time even if they vote their guy in with either a R or D next to their name.

You are a pretentious numbskull. Too abstract for you?

But they also don't have a right-wing blogger chasing them with a Mr. Microphone and $10 throwaway digital camcorder chasing them all over the place asking them how they feel about Earth First and then posting the video on whatever the right considers their DailyKos. I agree with everything Kelly is saying about this. Like Sarah Palin, the left-wing bloggers and media (Tingles, Olbermann, Madcow) give birthers an elevated platform. If the left paid no attention to either of them, I'd be willing to bet no one else would either. Now, before Kelly starts whipping out 87 links to obscure right wing media outlets talking about birthers and Palin, let me be clear what I mean: if it were up to Fox, Drudge, Hannity, etc. to pay attention to birthers or Palin, birthers and Palin would be very lonely.

The left single-handedly shot Rush Limbaugh's ratings through the roof. The birthers won't be so lucky. The left knows this, which is why they are using this as their latest label to make people who disagree with Obama look like wackos.

No actually what you got from the right is a major loony toolbox into loofahs and falafal who chases people around on a regular basis, but with much more expensive equipment.

Perhaps the best example to date of why you are so very special.