Two-a-days are now over for the Bills?!

Biscuit

It's not like they'll be playing an extra GAME or anything...

Anybody who's ever been to a training camp for ANY team since the 1980's will tell you what a joke they are. So the Patriots will be doing more clowning around than us...big deal.

I noticed you didn't bother tallying the # of Bills practices by comparison, OP.

This is all that matters Big Kitty.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of this extra week up front, by the last week when other teams are still preppeing hard, DJ will be giving them time off for good behavior. "They deserve this reward, they have worked hard, and worked as a team. These guys really like each other", etc.

I promise that last week we will practice much less than any other team.

Then they will be flat for the opener.

You can bet BB will have HIS guys ready, whether they like playing together or not.

Maybe they will fire DJ if we go 0-4 in pre-season???

Daryl Gardener has no place in this conversation. I said that these quotes apply to this topic. I suppose reading comprehension is too much to expect from a guy who thinks that practice is unnecessary. Why don't you get back to defending the right to rape dogs on OTW?

Well, he does belong in the conversation because that's what the quote is in reference to, not training camp, as you construed it to be.

You can't be serious. You think practicing is not important. Wow, seriously just stop posting.

Where and when did I say practicing wasn't important? Please, by all means, show me.

BTW, Swingers was cool like 12 years ago for people 20 years older than you, baby.

... And I was the one who forced you to reply with piss-poor drive by post too. Your post:

Which was shown to be irrelevant given the Giants training camp schedule in comparison to the Bills, which starts 8 days later yet has more practice time.

You can go on drive-by posting with nothing but your opinion which lacks fact, contains lies and is worthless.

Hey, I've got an idea. We could schedule ALL THREE A DAYS!!! Yeah, then we'd have WAY more practices than ANYBODY!! That would do it. YEAH!

Number of hours of practice isn't some magic figure. More practice isn't necessarily good. What matters is how good the practices are and how much they help the team improve. Sloppy, crappy practices don't help, most would agree.

Different teams handle this different ways. Different coaches have different philosophies. The fact is that there is no proven best or better way. If there were, everyone would do it. Tony Dungy, a wildly successful coach is notorious for not having many two-a-days. Same with Marv Levy. Same with many coaches. And there are plenty who go the other way. The point is that there are many philosophies on this, and claiming that one way is better is simply screaming one opinion very loudly. There is no proof either way.

Don't act like you're right and everyone else is wrong. There is no wrong or right in this case.

By the way, HOW MANY TWO-A-DAYS are the world champion STEELERS having this year? Um, that would be ZERO.

http://news.steelers.com/article/105725/

Hey, I've got an idea. We could schedule ALL THREE A DAYS!!! Yeah, then we'd have WAY more practices than ANYBODY!! That would do it. YEAH!

Number of hours of practice isn't some magic figure. More practice isn't necessarily good. What matters is how good the practices are and how much they help the team improve. Sloppy, crappy practices don't help, most would agree.

Different teams handle this different ways. Different coaches have different philosophies. The fact is that there is no proven best or better way. If there were, everyone would do it. Tony Dungy, a wildly successful coach is notorious for not having many two-a-days. Same with Marv Levy. Same with many coaches. And there are plenty who go the other way. The point is that there are many philosophies on this, and claiming that one way is better is simply screaming one opinion very loudly. There is no proof either way.

Don't act like you're right and everyone else is wrong. There is no wrong or right in this case.

By the way, HOW MANY TWO-A-DAYS are the world champion STEELERS having this year? Um, that would be ZERO.

probably because they have all their draft picks signed so they can focus on football from day 1 -

unlike certain other organizations who create their own distractions

Um, wrong. The Steelers have two-a-days. They have morning practices which are closed and not open to the public. The calendar you linked to is the schedule for the open public practices, only.

Tony Dungy teams, along with Marv's, and Tomlin's for that matter, were/are perennial Super Bowl contenders and playoff teams. The 2009 Bills are a very much different team. They have never made the playoffs under Jauron nor have they had a winning record under his tenure. Most importantly though, the crux of the issue, is that this team has several key positions that will need to be filled by rookies and as a result they will require more repetition then the veterans. Rookies can practice, veterans will get days off ... this is what most teams do that have grueling training camp schedules (to avoid wear and tear to the veterans).

Both points were established in earlier posts in this thread.

It should be up to the coaching staff to adjust the number of practices, game-day/personal adjustments and play calling as necessary to lead the team to victories.

Some coaching staffs are obviously better at this than others. If you are happy with more losses than wins every year, than DJ has been your man.

The Buffalo Bills, on July 26th, two days into training camp have now officially completed all of their scheduled two-a-days.

Makes sense to me ... we're a veteran team and going deep into the play-offs every year, they deserve to take it easy in camp ... :rolleyes:;):worthy:

Further proof that Dickie just don't get it

Makes sense to me ... we're a veteran team and going deep into the play-offs every year, they deserve to take it easy in camp ... :rolleyes:;):worthy:

Further proof that Dickie just don't get it

Maybe it is DJ that is the lazy ass one. Or he is afraid of the sun and tired of the assinine hat?

I agree with much of what Biscuit stated throughout this thread- but regarding his frequent references to the NE Cheatriettes* work ethic, what some folks don't realize is that the Patriettes* '2-a-day's' are held in Provincetown, MA and consist mainly of full contact drills on Herring Cove Beach...

link

And do not forget, just because they're done with two-a-days doesn't mean after practice they can party til the cows come home. They're going into the classroom and learning what exactly they're supposed to be fixing the next day and doing so without burning the candle at both ends so to speak. But if you want Jauron gone and think this is the method by which you can expedite the process, by all means rave on.

Personally, after 16 games we'll know if he's a goner or not - and if bringing up two-a-days or lack thereof assists your mindset, then God bless.

And do not forget, just because they're done with two-a-days doesn't mean after practice they can party til the cows come home. They're going into the classroom and learning what exactly they're supposed to be fixing the next day and doing so without burning the candle at both ends so to speak. But if you want Jauron gone and think this is the method by which you can expedite the process, by all means rave on.

Personally, after 16 games we'll know if he's a goner or not - and if bringing up two-a-days or lack thereof assists your mindset, then God bless.

If the Bills go 10-6 this season, folks will consider his methods wise and Jauron will be hailed as a genius who has just ushered in the latest Bills dynasty.

OTOH, if they go 6-10, we could be looking at...

Mike Leach

Where and when did I say practicing wasn't important? Please, by all means, show me.

BTW, Swingers was cool like 12 years ago for people 20 years older than you, baby.

Really? You have a f*cking lion as your avatar. You're real cool pal.

Is it any wonder why a Dick Jauron coached team looks clueless and weak most every Sunday? The guy is the biggest wimp head coach ever when it comes down to whipping a team into shape. Let me also mention that I think it's laughable when Bills fans come to his defense in regards to stuff like this.