If At First You Don't Secede - Try Again

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/1504240.html

Texas Gov doesn't want any part of ObamaCare®. Raises an interesting dilema

Can individual states opt out of a national program?

Realistically, not this one. For just one example: ObamaCare (for lack of a better term) will rely on the federal government's ability to tax and raise revenue. Texas can't pass a law superceding that.

I can think of a few other examples similar to that.

Go Texas. I'm starting to get the feeling they are going to be the last bastion of real freedom in this country. I like their attitude.

Unless you'd like to enjoy some consensual sodomy within the confines of your home, or spice up your marriage by incorporating a 12 inch black dildo into your repertoire . To enjoy these freedoms you're going to have to cross state lines.

Realistically, not this one. For just one example: ObamaCare (for lack of a better term) will rely on the federal government's ability to tax and raise revenue. Texas can't pass a law superceding that.

I can think of a few other examples similar to that.

I agree, it is unlikely the Congress will pass anything that can be overturned on 10th amendment grounds.

Go Texas. I'm starting to get the feeling they are going to be the last bastion of real freedom in this country. I like their attitude.

Freedom? Texas is the state that is probably the most dependent on the Federal government tit.

Freedom? Texas is the state that is probably the most dependent on the Federal government tit.

Any state that stands up against Fed controls and has Ron Paul has more going for it than most

Well, better that then left wing metro sexual douchebags

I think you're mixing up your stereotypes. Liberals are traditionally hippies more than anything. I'm pretty sure that being metro sexual isn't really associated with one party or the other. Now get back in your trailer, Cletus.

I think you're mixing up your stereotypes. Liberals are traditionally hippies more than anything. I'm pretty sure that being metro sexual isn't really associated with one party or the other. Now get back in your trailer, Cletus.

Wow. Very nice. What can I say. I'm crushed. Leave it to a touchy feeling lib to get personal. Metro sexual reference wasn't a stereotype in the classic sense. More of a observation of the liberals I know. So get out in the real word champ. Make your assessments on your own personal experiences. Not the propaganda that assorted media pukes out. All conservatives that believe in the Constitiution, in fact very few, are rednecks. At least the ones I know and thats all I go by. Also no trailer here. Live on a beautiful mountainside in a back split with a million dollar view of Mount Diablo, Ca. The house is part of a duplex but still is 2500 square ft. Not a brag. In fact, in my area it would be kinda modest.

Do you know how many illegals live in Texas alone?

And how many of them are getting FREE medical treatment?

As of 2004, the state had 3.5 million foreign-born residents (15.6 percent of the state population), of which an estimated 1.2 million are illegal immigrants.

That's more that the 11.5% of African Americans!!!!

Do you know how many illegals live in Texas alone?

And how many of them are getting FREE medical treatment?

As of 2004, the state had 3.5 million foreign-born residents (15.6 percent of the state population), of which an estimated 1.2 million are illegal immigrants.

That's more that the 11.5% of African Americans!!!!

So, ship the illegals back where they came from.

Wow. Very nice. What can I say. I'm crushed. Leave it to a touchy feeling lib to get personal. Metro sexual reference wasn't a stereotype in the classic sense. More of a observation of the liberals I know. So get out in the real word champ. Make your assessments on your own personal experiences. Not the propaganda that assorted media pukes out. All conservatives that believe in the Constitiution, in fact very few, are rednecks. At least the ones I know and thats all I go by. Also no trailer here. Live on a beautiful mountainside in a back split with a million dollar view of Mount Diablo, Ca. The house is part of a duplex but still is 2500 square ft. Not a brag. In fact, in my area it would be kinda modest.

Aren't you worried that your million dollar "duplex" will roll down the mountain?

Lighten up, I'm just kidding. :blush:

So, ship the illegals back where they came from.

Where is the money going to come from to send them back- do you want to raise taxes again? You can't just say "Hey, if I ask you to go back, will you do it?" Honor program won't work in this case.