Re-Post Direct TV Subscribers - Easy Instructions on Discounting

I just found out about this yesterday from a friend of mine...if you call DirecTV and say that you want to cancel you Sunday Ticket primarily because of cost, they will offer you a $20 off per month deal for 6 months . This is basically $120 off your price. I did it yesterday after hearing about it from my friend. It works!

In short, state to DirecTV you are looking to cancel your service. When they ask why, state cost. They will then give you the deal they have been authorized to provide.

Hopefully this helps out some fellow Bills fans. Apologies if this has already been posted by somebody else. I did a quick search and didn't see anything related to it.

DirecTV -

1-800-DIRECTV

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP.....ummmm, this works.

I just called. The customer service rep lets you tell her that you would like to cancel the package. She makes you think she is cancelling it, so I was getting scared. She noticed that I also had Superfan and then she says what if I can give you $20 off per month for six months, and I was thinking to myself, HOLY CRAP this is working.

So, I can verify this, I just did this ten minutes ago, and it's a good deal. $20 off for six months. Bascially a cut of $120.

Good Luck to all.....this is friggin awesome.

Why can't my cell phone provider be authorized to give me $120 discounts as well? I hate that you guys are having fun saving money while I have decided long ago to not give in to DirectTV's monopolistic demands!

HOLY CRAP.....ummmm, this works.

I just called. The customer service rep lets you tell her that you would like to cancel the package. She makes you think she is cancelling it, so I was getting scared. She noticed that I also had Superfan and then she says what if I can give you $20 off per month for six months, and I was thinking to myself, HOLY CRAP this is working.

So, I can verify this, I just did this ten minutes ago, and it's a good deal. $20 off for six months. Bascially a cut of $120.

Good Luck to all.....this is friggin awesome.

Haha, if she actually went through with the cancellation, I would have paid a quarter to hear you try to backtrack.

Haha, if she actually went through with the cancellation, I would have paid a quarter to hear you try to backtrack.

LOL, I know, I was thinking the same thing. My wife was staring at me, and I was like.....oh schitt......I don't think this is working, then BAM.......$20 off for 6 months. She actually asked me if I was cancelling because of cost, but I think she was testing me, and we were kinda playing chicken.

Nonetheless, it works.

Go get em Boys! This is one of the best heads up anyone has ever posted.

:lol:

hey does anybody know if they offer sunday ticket on comcast... I know they offer NHL but im not sure about sunday ticket.. also whats superfan

Yeah, Comcast has Sunday Ticket, give them a call. Superfan is a special deal offered only to the Superfans that reside in jax.

Only direct tv has Sunday ticket cable companies don't even have NFL network. Cable sucks!!!!!!

Yeah, Comcast has Sunday Ticket, give them a call. Superfan is a special deal offered only to the Superfans that reside in jax.

All,

If you call DTV now, whether you are already a customer or not, you can get big time savings on the NFL DTV package for the upcoming year.

Bascially, call and tell them you would like to cancel your DTV Sunday Ticket because the price is too high. They will almost immediately, without hassle, discount the package $20 per month for six months. This means that you are getting the NFL package for $150 instead of $270.

Now, comes the Superfan ripoff that DTV tries to force on you. I went crazy talking to the representative, only because she lied to me on why they charge you for the Superfan. The Superfan is the garbage add-on that justifies them to double charge you for HD broadcasts. If you have a HD TV, you are already paying DTV $10 a month to get the HD signals, so really, there shouldn't be a need to pay them the Superfan fee again if you would like your broadcasts in HD. They also know that almost nobody would get the Superfan add on without holding you hostage to get your HD channels through Superfan. If you call DTV and tell them that it's bogus that you are paying the $10 a month HD fee already, and that should include your football channels with the package in HD, they will give you Superfan for free too. A $100 value, even though it's a garbage charge anyway.

So in all, if you play your cards right......you will get the NFL Sunday Ticket, in HD, with Superfan, for $150 TOTAL. That's a savings from the $370 it would cost you if you did nothing.

Hopefully this post being first in the thread will ease your fears and let you know that you can get BOTH the Sunday Ticket AND Superfan, all in HD, for $150 total, which is a good deal!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Thanks Lv. I got my bill yesterday -with the first installement payment, and the Mrs. hit the roof. I told her I'll call them and see wht I can do -having read recent threads on ways to get around.

I'm paying the additional $10/mo for the HD channels so I like my odds too... I'll report back tomorrow with my results.

Thanks Lv. I got my bill yesterday -with the first installement payment, and the Mrs. hit the roof. I told her I'll call them and see wht I can do -having read recent threads on ways to get around.

I'm paying the additional $10/mo for the HD channels so I like my odds too... I'll report back tomorrow with my results.

good luck....if its already been billed I think you are screwed.

let us know because i am about to make the call - looking to do so on Saturday

good luck....if its already been billed I think you are screwed.

No, you aren't. I was already billed and they credited me $20 off for the first month immediately. When I called today to get the credit for the Superfan, they immediately credited my $16.50 for this month, and they told me the rest of the months wouldn't show up on there. I was already billed for both. If you pay online, you can see the credits immediately.

Good Luck, I'm locked in at $150 for the year with Superfan. Now, so are two buddies of mine. I think Jim in Michigan was the first to post about this, however, I don't think he knows that you can also get the Superfan for free. That knocks off another $100 if you need HD. The Superfan took minimal wrangling, but the $20 off per month was painless.

Better get it done, before this spreads across the net like wildfire.

Do you have to use the "I'm going to cancel" threat?

Is the lower rate offered anywhere else to reference?

All,

If you call DTV now, whether you are already a customer or not, you can get big time savings on the NFL DTV package for the upcoming year.

Bascially, call and tell them you would like to cancel your DTV Sunday Ticket because the price is too high. They will almost immediately, without hassle, discount the package $20 per month for six months. This means that you are getting the NFL package for $150 instead of $270.

Now, comes the Superfan ripoff that DTV tries to force on you. I went crazy talking to the representative, only because she lied to me on why they charge you for the Superfan. The Superfan is the garbage add-on that justifies them to double charge you for HD broadcasts. If you have a HD TV, you are already paying DTV $10 a month to get the HD signals, so really, there shouldn't be a need to pay them the Superfan fee again if you would like your broadcasts in HD. They also know that almost nobody would get the Superfan add on without holding you hostage to get your HD channels through Superfan. If you call DTV and tell them that it's bogus that you are paying the $10 a month HD fee already, and that should include your football channels with the package in HD, they will give you Superfan for free too. A $100 value, even though it's a garbage charge anyway.

So in all, if you play your cards right......you will get the NFL Sunday Ticket, in HD, with Superfan, for $150 TOTAL. That's a savings from the $370 it would cost you if you did nothing.

Hopefully this post being first in the thread will ease your fears and let you know that you can get BOTH the Sunday Ticket AND Superfan, all in HD, for $150 total, which is a good deal!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Do you have to use the "I'm going to cancel" threat?

Is the lower rate offered anywhere else to reference?

I don't really think you would have to use the I'm going to cancel threat. You can probably just tell them you were looking at your bill and didn't know the price was so high and were thinking about cancelling unless they could do something to help you.

I didn't use the cancellation thing to also get Superfan for free. I basically just told them that Superfan is a bogus way to get more money by making HD available only through SF. That one required some dialogue but still wasn't hard to get off my bill as well.

About five years ago I cancelled cable and RR and went with DTV and DSL phone for internet. I would have kept RR but once I canceled the cable, they were going to raise my RR price and they wouldn't budge on the cost. Went with DSL for about 2-3 months service was terrible. It was so bad finally the phone compnay gave up, couldn't figure out why or how to fix the problems, so they gave me all my money back, all the way back to day 1 of my service and told me sorry, sometimes they can't explain or correct why one person can have great service and the houce across the street can be terrible.

So now had to go backto RR with basically my tail between my legs. What does RR do, they offer me a discount as a new subscriber which was lower even than I was paying to start with. If they had done that from the beginning, never would have left. so then when my intro price period ended, I called them up this time and told them I didn't want to go through what happened the last time, but if they didn't lower my bill, I'd go back to DSL (Even though no way I really would have based on past issues). So they gave me a price about the same as DSL.