Paper or Plastic

Because it's the season of inane and ridiculous posts (and I'm an inane and ridiculous person), I thought this might be appropriate fodder for the week leading up to the start of training camp.

I say paper. It's been around a lot longer and has at least as many uses. It's also well-embedded in the fabric of our society. I mean when you are drinking in public what are you gonna use to conceal your 40 ouncer with, paper or plastic? As far as the Wall of Fame is concerned, paper has the advantage because for centuries it has been used in the form of wallpaper.

On the other hand if you're with someone with a killer body but a really ugly face you might want to use plastic (as long as it's not clear plastic). And wall paper isn't really an outdoor material. With the Ralph being an outdoor stadium, perhaps plastic has the advantage as far as the Wall of Fame goes. I guess really I'm torn.

It's a close debate but I have to stick with paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag

Paper inside plastic. Structural integrity and handles!

Yeah Dean but again you're missing the historical aspect of the debate. Plastic bags weren't even around at the beginning of the modern era of the NFL (the merger of the two leagues). Do you think Jack Kemp or Cookie Gilchrist ever used plastic bags?

You're so damn arrogant sometimes. You seem like the sort of person who thinks he's right all the time. Why don't you approach these things with the attitude that maybe you're not the freaking authority here? Jesus.

Look, the question was a one or the other deal. Typical of you to argue out both sides of your wind bag.

Here's some advice Deano, read and learn:

http://blog.greenfeet.com/index.php/paper-...r-footprint/121

I prefer plastic..good for lining the trash can. But here in SF we don't have a choice. It's paper or nothing. :lol:

It's just like you Chef Jim to come up with ridiculous reductionistic argument. All you freaking posts are like real short as if you can sum up a complex debate in three sentences. What are you like Twitter where you have a limit of only 140 characters? Thank you very little.

Ziplock plastic, keeps the nugs fresh.

You trolls are not a part of the discussion here Bruschi. This board is reserved for intelligent football conversation among loyal Bills fans. Bag it Brady boy. I've had just about enough of your "opinions." You'll need a ziplock bag to keep fresh the memories of your Patriots' glory days because they're all over. I hope you suffocate in one.

Because it's the season of inane and ridiculous posts (and I'm an inane and ridiculous person), I thought this might be appropriate fodder for the week leading up to the start of training camp.

I say paper. It's been around a lot longer and has at least as many uses. It's also well-embedded in the fabric of our society. I mean when you are drinking in public what are you gonna use to conceal your 40 ouncer with, paper or plastic? As far as the Wall of Fame is concerned, paper has the advantage because for centuries it has been used in the form of wallpaper.

On the other hand if you're with someone with a killer body but a really ugly face you might want to use plastic (as long as it's not clear plastic). And wall paper isn't really an outdoor material. With the Ralph being an outdoor stadium, perhaps plastic has the advantage as far as the Wall of Fame goes. I guess really I'm torn.

The one critical difference between the two you forget to mention is the crucial role the paper bag - with appropriate eye holes cut - played in so many Bills games in the mid-80s.

That should end the argument. Paper, all the way.

You'll need a ziplock bag to keep fresh the memories of your Patriots' glory days because they're all over. I hope you suffocate in one.

You Bills fans should fix that broken record its been playing for quite a few years now. But yeah, definitely plastic, your buds will just dry up in paper, thats no good brah

Yeah Dean but again you're missing the historical aspect of the debate. Plastic bags weren't even around at the beginning of the modern era of the NFL (the merger of the two leagues). Do you think Jack Kemp or Cookie Gilchrist ever used plastic bags?

You're so damn arrogant sometimes. You seem like the sort of person who thinks he's right all the time. Why don't you approach these things with the attitude that maybe you're not the freaking authority here? Jesus.

Look, the question was a one or the other deal. Typical of you to argue out both sides of your wind bag.

Here's some advice Deano, read and learn:

http://blog.greenfeet.com/index.php/paper-...r-footprint/121

:lol:

I stick by my answer.

Aren't you forgetting the "green" choice - reuseable canvas bags with convenient little carry handles? I'm certain it must be the bag of choice in the Gore household! Second bag of choice in the Pelosi home!

Aren't you forgetting the "green" choice - reuseable canvas bags with convenient little carry handles? I'm certain it must be the bag of choice in the Gore household! Second bag of choice in the Pelosi home!

Second? Presumably, She's the first bag of choice?

:wallbash:

My choice as well.

You know what? I have several of those bags and almost always forget to bring them into the store. :wallbash:

On the other hand if you're with someone with a killer body but a really ugly face you might want to use plastic(as long as it's not clear plastic). And wall paper isn't really an outdoor material. With the Ralph being an outdoor stadium, perhaps plastic has the advantage as far as the Wall of Fame goes. I guess really I'm torn.

Paper. I was always a fan of the paper bag hand puppets.

You know what? I have several of those bags and almost always forget to bring them into the store. :devil:

Well, thanks so much for that remarkable little near-anecdote and personal insight into a day in the life of Dean, the TBD poster. Good stuff. Keep it coming.

Geeesh.