Kelly and Company Were Not Good Enough

Mark57

Probably 4 HOF's on that squad and the current group stands a chance??? I again assert that until Bill's get football savy GM and coach who knows how to win it's hopeless!!! AKA Ralph ain't gonna spend the money. Team will move to a larger market when Ralph passes due to inheritance tax issuses. If we the fans continue to support an inferior product on the field then we only have ourselves to blame. Sorry to all you wide-eyed optimists, try boxers the whitey-tighties are not working. Get off your self righteous high horses and come back to planet earth. In summary: Edwards can't take a hit, offensive line in flux, TO in club house (Most Bills Excitement in 10 Years), and no pass rush to speak of. :rolleyes::nana:0:)

What you overlook is the watering down of talent the last 20 years or so thanks to the salary cap, free agency, realignment, etc. It's a lot easier to win the Super Bowl with a mediocre team now than it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

I mean really, do you think of the 2008 Giants or the 2003 Bucs as being at the same level as say the 1984 Raiders or 1988 Redskins, which were arguably the weakest teams to win a Super Bowl in the 2000s and 1980s respectively? Or compare the best teams of each decade - '85 Bears vs. '07 Patriots. I'll take Ditka's defense any day of the week over Brady.

Probably 4 HOF's on that squad and the current group stands a chance??? I again assert that until Bill's get football savy GM and coach who knows how to win it's hopeless!!! AKA Ralph ain't gonna spend the money. Team will move to a larger market when Ralph passes due to inheritance tax issuses. If we the fans continue to support an inferior product on the field then we only have ourselves to blame. Sorry to all you wide-eyed optimists, try boxers the whitey-tighties are not working. Get off your self righteous high horses and come back to planet earth. In summary: Edwards can't take a hit, offensive line in flux, TO in club house (Most Bills Excitement in 10 Years), and no pass rush to speak of. :rolleyes::nana:0:)

:P:P:wallbash:

Mark57,

I am just curious. I have read several of your posts and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why you are here, at Two Bills Drive.

I am not a blind optimist.

I have no high horse.

I wear boxers.

:rolleyes:

I like the Bills. Every year on opening day, I hope to see good football - and I hope the Bills win.

I understand frustration and criticism, but you are over the edge in your venomous posts.

So, why are you here? How can you exude such anger and be a FAN? Are you just trolling?

I am just curious.

agreed, mark57 is obviously a douchebag

Venomous Little Troll!!!!!!!!!!! "The truth can only hurt when you recognize it"- Bill Clinton, "Shutup Bill you douche Bag"- Hillary Clinton and by the way, Synchofants don't rule the world or this forum. Get it!!!!!!!

Venomous Little Troll!!!!!!!!!!! "The truth can only hurt when you recognize it"- Bill Clinton, "Shutup Bill you douche Bag"- Hillary Clinton and by the way, Synchofants don't rule the world or this forum. Get it!!!!!!!

Syncofants? Is that the name you and your fellow trolls gave your barber shop quartet?

Look it up, Thurman.

What you overlook is the watering down of talent the last 20 years or so thanks to the salary cap, free agency, realignment, etc. It's a lot easier to win the Super Bowl with a mediocre team now than it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

I mean really, do you think of the 2008 Giants or the 2003 Bucs as being at the same level as say the 1984 Raiders or 1988 Redskins, which were arguably the weakest teams to win a Super Bowl in the 2000s and 1980s respectively? Or compare the best teams of each decade - '85 Bears vs. '07 Patriots. I'll take Ditka's defense any day of the week over Brady.

That would be Buddy Ryan's "46" defense :P Let's not forget about the 49ers of the 80's though. They were good on both sides of the ball. The Giants defense was nasty in '08 as well. When it comes down to it, 99.9% of the time, defense wins championships.

:lol: to the original post in this thread.

No one seems to be in agreement about what will happen to the Bills when Wilson dies, so, I say, enjoy our team while it's here. Even if we won a Super Bowl one of those years, it wouldn't comfort us now. Football isn't about last years champions, it's about fielding a team that is good enough to beat anyone on any given Sunday. If our team was good enough to fight with any of them, and we lost a few here, there, maybe made the playoffs, win or loss there, at least we can say, Our Bills are a good team, a team that could do it. There'd be reason for optimism, and what more can a fan ask for? If the team is bad to the point where it can't compete - like the year the Bills needed the last game win over pittsburgh, and pittsburgh put in it's second stringers - and crushed us. Who can route for a team that bad? Give us a team that might win any game, and I'm going to watch each one, until they're out of it. So, lets hope that this year's team is good enough to fight up in N.E. on monday night, and show them and the rest of the NFL that the Bills are a team that can beat you. I'd be happy with that, to start.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one on the radio shows is taking my callllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll GO TO TWOBILLSDRIVE INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

R!

Even if we won a Super Bowl one of those years, it wouldn't comfort us now.

whoa whoa whoa - speak for yourself. a single bills or sabres championship would have done wonders for the buffalo sports scene. we are the punchline of jokes everywhere, which is fine, but one title would have really picked us up off the floor.