Interceptions

I was looking at the Bills Stats, and saw we only had 3 ints last season. 2 from McKelvin, against KC, and 1 from Greer in St. Louis. I thought that was pretty sad out of 16 games, but then I realize I was at both of theses games last year, enjoying the beating we give the Chiefs, and the Rams. Maybe I need to move to Buffalo so the team can get more INTS.

Well, off the top of my head, I remember game saving int's from Mitchell vs. SD and Corner @ Denver (I think it was him who caught the deflected last ditch toss from Cutler..)

Anyway, 2 of the picks you reference were taken to the house, so it ain't all bad..

I was looking at the Bills Stats, and saw we only had 3 ints last season. 2 from McKelvin, against KC, and 1 from Greer in St. Louis. I thought that was pretty sad out of 16 games, but then I realize I was at both of theses games last year, enjoying the beating we give the Chiefs, and the Rams. Maybe I need to move to Buffalo so the team can get more INTS.

Lack of pass rush is the main reason.

Guest dog14787
We had 10 INT's last year. Not as sh------- as 3, but near the bottom of the league.

Kawika Mitchel had a couple if I remember correctly.

Even when the Bills Defensive players get a ball thrown their way, they seem to get a major case of butterfingers.

But then again, I'm going to be bitching until the season starts.

Even when the Bills Defensive players get a ball thrown their way, they seem to get a major case of butterfingers.

But then again, I'm going to be bitching until the season starts.

Amen. But then again, we'll be bitching once the season begins, too.

I wonder if it was 3 picks returned for TD's, not 3 total picks...

It was. Jabari had 2 TD's (Jets and Rams) and McKelvin had 1 (Chiefs).

I remember Mitchell against SD, the Poz deflection (Jets?), Corner, McKelvin's 2nd during the Chiefs game, McGee probably had the rest.

I think I remember an article that came out in the last month that said we had 3 INTs by the corners last year which is what I think you're refering to.

But as stated by an earlier poster we have 10 INTs.

Detroit was dead last with 4.

Interception Statistics

Interception Statistics

Player Int

Terrence McGee 3

Jabari Greer 2

Leodis McKelvin 2

Kawika Mitchell 2

Paul Posluszny 1

TOTAL 10

OPPONENTS TOTAL 15

Lack of pass rush is the main reason.

:thumbsup: Exactly right. If we get more pressure on the QB it will force quicker decisions that will lead to bad throws and more INT opportunities.

I'm thinking this year's interception statistics might look more like this:

Leodis McKelvin 4

Donte Whitner 3

Jairus Byrd 2

Terrence McGee 2

Kawicka Mitchell 2

Paul Posluszny 1

Aaron Maybin 1

Reggie Corner 1

Ellis Lankster 1

TOTAL 17

OPPONENTS TOTAL 10

Any Thoughts?

I'm thinking this year's interception statistics might look more like this:

Leodis McKelvin 4

Donte Whitner 3

Jairus Byrd 2

Terrence McGee 2

Kawicka Mitchell 2

Paul Posluszny 1

Aaron Maybin 1

Reggie Corner 1

Ellis Lankster 1

TOTAL 17

OPPONENTS TOTAL 10

Any Thoughts?

Thoughts? If this shakes out your way, PLAYOFFS BABY!

:devil: Exactly right. If we get more pressure on the QB it will force quicker decisions that will lead to bad throws and more INT opportunities.

Also a LOT of interceptions are thrown late in the game with a team chasing a decent sized lead, forcing them to throw in when the defence knows what is coming next. Since we had decent sized leads so rarely this was never much of a concern when playing against the Bills...

Everyone knows that the best wat to get interceptions is to get pressure on the quarterback, and force them to make ill-advised throws. Just ask Ed Reed.

I thought it was because Ed Reed is the greatest safety since Ronnie Lott and therefore Donte Whitner sucks.