If your thinking of ordering Sunday Ticket or DirecTV

I actually canceled my DirecTV service 2-3 Months ago. So I should be able to qualify for the the new customer offer, if not will use someone else in the house hold :lol:

But the deal is great;

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/937493/

"**Heads Up** DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket + Premier Package $59/month for 5 months Starts 7/21 For New Customers, Existing customers YMMV but you have a good chance

Starting 7/21/09 DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket + Premier Package $59/month for 5 months for New Customers, Existing customers YMMV but you have a good chance

Just a heads up for everybody.

This should stack with the referral discounts/AAA offer found in the new DirecTV thread. LINK

Last year they ran something similar ($74.99 for 4 months) and I was able to call and have it applied to my account and I was also able to get Superfan for free."

Quote :

NEW! DIRECTV FALL OFFER KICKS OFF JULY 21ST!

DIRECTV’s best offer just got even better! The 2009 Fall Offer kicks off July 21st, and it’s the Best Offer Ever! We’ve extended the savings over last year, and have dropped the monthly price to make it even more accessible to customers: BUY NFL SUNDAY TICKET™

for $59.99 FOR 5 MONTHS

GET 5 MONTHS FREE

OF OUR BEST TV PACKAGE

* PREMIER™ or LO MÁXIMO™ FREE for 5 months

* FREE HD DVR Receiver Lease Upgrade

* 5 months of FREE DVR Service included

* Over $750 in total value

Does anyone else think that is ridiculously expensive? I could care less about watching more obscure games around the league when they've already got double headers on the regular stations every weekend. All I need to see is the Bills, and whatever game is on the other channel. If you aren't in the area to get Bills games, you can easily watch them online or find a bar/restaurant to go to. I did it for 4 years in college. I don't think I'd ever pay that much for Sunday Ticket when all of the important games are free.

Does anyone else think that is ridiculously expensive? I could care less about watching more obscure games around the league when they've already got double headers on the regular stations every weekend. All I need to see is the Bills, and whatever game is on the other channel. If you aren't in the area to get Bills games, you can easily watch them online or find a bar/restaurant to go to. I did it for 4 years in college. I don't think I'd ever pay that much for Sunday Ticket when all of the important games are free.

I understand where you're coming from. Like Nucci, I prefer being home and making my own tailgate chow. I also love the league and set my jump-channel from the Bills game to the channel covering 8 games at once or the Red Zone Channel.

As for ridiculous price, for me anyway, over the course of the season I spent more at sports bars (pitchers and food) than Sunday Ticket.

This being said, our 'product' over the last few/too many years has me shuttin' the damn thing off very early, too many times. I seriously considered dropping the package after last season and going back to bars where I could tab out in the 3rd quarter if needed. ;)

But it's July and hope springs eternal! :lol:

60 a month or 100 or so a week at the bar. do the math champ.

That's a deal?

I've had Sunday Ticket for like 12 years now, but I think I'm going to skip it this year and hope to find the games online. The price is out of control and the Bills haven't been worth the price of admission in years. Either that or hope DTV offers an actual deal to keep it, like half the price.

It can be expensive, but for those of us who don't even live in the same state as the Bills, it's worth it. My wife and I would go to bars to watch games before. We'd have a meal, drinks, appetizers, and by the time we were done, we'd have a $60-70 bill. Plus, we got the privilege of listening to tards whine 'bout their favorite team and how they weren't doing what they wanted 'em to do, and we got the thrill of breathing in some idiot's smoke. Luckily, the smoke part was taken care of by the state, but it's still nice to be able for each of us (wife is a Stillers fan) to watch our favorite team in the comfort of our home w/ no screaming jerks, cigarette smoke, or other irritants to deal w/.

Alot of advantages watching it at home, your own food, beer, ypou don't have to stress about drinking and driving, swearing at the top of your lungs, a Bj at halftime....... :lol: Not to mention these crazy bars in Florida won't let you bring your own bong ;) !

$100 PER WEEK at a bar? Dude, you have issues.

:lol:

It can be expensive, but for those of us who don't even live in the same state as the Bills, it's worth it. My wife and I would go to bars to watch games before. We'd have a meal, drinks, appetizers, and by the time we were done, we'd have a $60-70 bill. Plus, we got the privilege of listening to tards whine 'bout their favorite team and how they weren't doing what they wanted 'em to do, and we got the thrill of breathing in some idiot's smoke. Luckily, the smoke part was taken care of by the state, but it's still nice to be able for each of us (wife is a Stillers fan) to watch our favorite team in the comfort of our home w/ no screaming jerks, cigarette smoke, or other irritants to deal w/.

I see your point. When I went to the bar to watch the games while in college, I never spent anything at the bar because I was too hungover from the Saturday night prior, and couldn't fathom the taste of alcohol at that point in the day. I was normally waking up (and setting an alarm) for noon, so everything was like breakfast for me. I guess now would be quite different.

Going to the bar to watch Bills games is far more expensive than just ponying up for the sunday ticket. sh-- i'd spend at least $50 a week drinking beer and eating burgers...not for 3 years now. Oh and at the bar I could never get sound...since they had one game on the projection screen, we had to listen to that game. Usually the damn Packers. However it was awesome rubbing it in their faces in 2006.

Plus...nobody around here gives two schitts about the Bills...so watching at home without having to hear all the dumbass remarks is also worth the price.

Annnnd it gives me a good reason to have friends over. With the superfan online access my friend in Eugene can watch the Bills from my sunday ticket subscription. Pretty cool.

I have been getting Sunday Ticket since 2000. The cost is high but as an out of towner and Fantasy player, it's invaluable. I always read about current DTV customers getting free stuff like the Ticket or Superfan. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Here in Charlotte there are a couple different Bills Backers bars that are great places to watch the game. They have great wings, labatts beer, and they even play the "Shout" song when the Bills score touchdowns. The only problem is, in order to get a good view of the game, you need to get to the bar a couple hours prior to the game. I did this every Sunday for my first year in Charlotte. I have had the Sunday Ticket for the past two years, and I will never give it up. It is well worth the extra $60 per month to watch the game (in HD with surround sound) in the comfort of my own living room. In fact, I have probably saved $500-600 per season by staying away from the bars.

I have been getting Sunday Ticket since 2000. The cost is high but as an out of towner and Fantasy player, it's invaluable. I always read about current DTV customers getting free stuff like the Ticket or Superfan. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Call & ask. I doubt you get the Ticket for free but Superfan should not be a problem. Keep calling until you get someone that gives you what you want.

Have had the Sunday Ticket since '98. The NFL (not Directv) keeps jacking the prices up more and more.

I can almost tolerate the raised Sunday ticket price, but the one that really gets me worked up is that they(the NFL again) want to charge an additiona $100 (superfan) just so I can watch it in high def. What a crock. I'm altready paying DTV added $$ for the high def package and a high def DVR. Now, after ponying up $279 for the Sunday ticket, they want another $100!!?!

I don't blame the NFL - it's just being capitalistic. But they need to know that fans are at their breaking point.

I called DTV yesterday and told them to cancel the whole NFL thing, and as soon as my obligation to Directv is up, I'll cancel their service too, since the Sunday ticket was the only reason I got DTV in the first place.

Truth be told, I like the Directv service and quality, but our voices need to be heard.

Happily, a service rep with the authority to do so, offered my a $20 per month credit for 6 months if I'd keep the Sunday ticket & superfan package. OK - that takes my football deal to $259 for the year. I can live with that. Too bad for Directv...the NFL is still getting their full fee, and Directv is the one giving up $120 to keep me as a customer. Not like it's really any skin off their back, mind you.

If you have a team that's in the national spotlight and often on locally, it's hardly worth it to have the Sunday ticket. Suppose the Stillers were my team. They'll probably be on local channels 10 times this season, including all the primetime games. Why would I put out $379 for the 6 games not shown? $63 per game? I'd be better off buying the games a la carte for the day at $44 per Sunday (yes, you can do that), or just heading to the local watering hole.

Question for some of you more in the know about the technical stuff:

Is it possible to split the Sunday ticket cost with a friend by giving them on-line access to the games? Isn't that a feature of the Superfan package? And then, couldn't they just hook up their video cable from the laptop to their plasma TV and pretty much get the same thing? Anyone done that? If so, how's the picture quality? Is it compromised by streaming?

Here in Charlotte there are a couple different Bills Backers bars that are great places to watch the game. They have great wings, labatts beer, and they even play the "Shout" song when the Bills score touchdowns. The only problem is, in order to get a good view of the game, you need to get to the bar a couple hours prior to the game. I did this every Sunday for my first year in Charlotte. I have had the Sunday Ticket for the past two years, and I will never give it up. It is well worth the extra $60 per month to watch the game (in HD with surround sound) in the comfort of my own living room. In fact, I have probably saved $500-600 per season by staying away from the bars.

I used to go to Big Al's in Cornelius, but forget that. It's nearly impossible to get a good seat. This year I got the Ticket.

Have had the Sunday Ticket since '98. The NFL (not Directv) keeps jacking the prices up more and more.

I can almost tolerate the raised Sunday ticket price, but the one that really gets me worked up is that they(the NFL again) want to charge an additiona $100 (superfan) just so I can watch it in high def. What a crock. I'm altready paying DTV added $$ for the high def package and a high def DVR. Now, after ponying up $279 for the Sunday ticket, they want another $100!!?!

I don't blame the NFL - it's just being capitalistic. But they need to know that fans are at their breaking point.

I called DTV yesterday and told them to cancel the whole NFL thing, and as soon as my obligation to Directv is up, I'll cancel their service too, since the Sunday ticket was the only reason I got DTV in the first place.

Truth be told, I like the Directv service and quality, but our voices need to be heard.

Happily, a service rep with the authority to do so, offered my a $20 per month credit for 6 months if I'd keep the Sunday ticket & superfan package. OK - that takes my football deal to $259 for the year. I can live with that. Too bad for Directv...the NFL is still getting their full fee, and Directv is the one giving up $120 to keep me as a customer. Not like it's really any skin off their back, mind you.

If you have a team that's in the national spotlight and often on locally, it's hardly worth it to have the Sunday ticket. Suppose the Stillers were my team. They'll probably be on local channels 10 times this season, including all the primetime games. Why would I put out $379 for the 6 games not shown? $63 per game? I'd be better off buying the games a la carte for the day at $44 per Sunday (yes, you can do that), or just heading to the local watering hole.

Question for some of you more in the know about the technical stuff:

Is it possible to split the Sunday ticket cost with a friend by giving them on-line access to the games? Isn't that a feature of the Superfan package? And then, couldn't they just hook up their video cable from the laptop to their plasma TV and pretty much get the same thing? Anyone done that? If so, how's the picture quality? Is it compromised by streaming?

DML yes, I actually did that last year.

I would watch my Bills at Home, and then he would watch jet games at work! =)

Couldn't agree more. It may be expensive, but I've had it since 99 and it's great. You don't deal with other obnoxious fans, you can get to the bathroom quick. Here in Florida I can jump into the pool at halftime, etc. Once a year we have an office get together at a bar, so that satisfies my need to get out at least once!