The truth about Canadian health care

Fingon

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/february/10_...about_canad.php

Seems like there is a little truth and a little fabrication.

why would I need to read more than this:

1. Canada’s health care system is “socialized medicine.”

False. In socialized medical systems, the doctors work directly for the state. In Canada (and many other countries with universal care), doctors run their own private practices, just like they do in the US. The only difference is that every doctor deals with one insurer, instead of 150. And that insurer is the provincial government, which is accountable to the legislature and the voters if the quality of coverage is allowed to slide.

because that is just semantics. I imagine nearly 100% of his income comes from this one source who sets the rules on how he will be paid, how much he will be paid, and for what he will be paid.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you must be the moron or your niece's mother. Because I have never seen anything medical that they would not cover unless it was dental after the age of like 21-23 or something.

Don't hate me, because I have more knowledge about it, or am living proof of it. I've been down that road, I know they cover everything. You know sometimes ignorant people let people run them over and tell them false information.

Yeah, I just quoted you an actual first-hand example of something it wouldn't cover, and how it left my wife's niece disabled and me nine grand out-of-pocket...and you insist that that's incorrect, because "Medicaid covers everything".

Even if you weren't so completely and obviously full of sh-- (you've obviously never dealt with the system, you're just trolling), the simple fact that ONE person can QUOTE one situation where Medicaid didn't cover a condition makes you simply wrong. The Medicaid bureaucracy is so bass-ackwardly horrendus, and the determination of compensation so unmitigatedly political and non-medical (read today's Washington Post), that no one with a shred of intelligence and integrity could possibly seriously espouse the position you're claiming to take. I have actually dealt with it first-hand, and DO actually know.

Yeah, I just quoted you an actual first-hand example of something it wouldn't cover, and how it left my wife's niece disabled and me nine grand out-of-pocket...and you insist that that's incorrect, because "Medicaid covers everything".

Even if you weren't so completely and obviously full of sh-- (you've obviously never dealt with the system, you're just trolling), the simple fact that ONE person can QUOTE one situation where Medicaid didn't cover a condition makes you simply wrong. The Medicaid bureaucracy is so bass-ackwardly horrendus, and the determination of compensation so unmitigatedly political and non-medical (read today's Washington Post), that no one with a shred of intelligence and integrity could possibly seriously espouse the position you're claiming to take. I have actually dealt with it first-hand, and DO actually know.

Tom, I don't doubt what you say about your wife's niece at all, but I have been told face to face by numerous doctors that illegal aliens often get much better treatment than those with private insurance. For one thing, they can keep patients admitted longer. They also are given certain tests that private companies won't pay for.

Seriously, I hear this all the time.

Tom, I don't doubt what you say about your wife's niece at all, but I have been told face to face by numerous doctors that illegal aliens often get much better treatment than those with private insurance. For one thing, they can keep patients admitted longer. They also are given certain tests that private companies won't pay for.

Seriously, I hear this all the time.

There's a reason Medicaid and Medicare are unsustainable. Imagine the entire health insurance system being run like them!

Again, I know facts unlike you. I can relate to your niece, not in the fact of what happen to her but her family situation when I was a kid. When I left this thing called Medicaid when I was growing up because I got a job, I feared what my health would become with whatever insurance I would be paying for. Seriously, I never like going to doctors then and I NEVER WAS TURNED DOWN FOR ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT, neither my family who have had several surguries throughout my life and stll do. Therefore, maybe it happens to a few people, like your niece but I think she got screwed over and took advantage of because I have never seen it happen before.

I'm not trying to argue, and it's silly to do so with insults like you come back with every post. I mean you seem to be a much older man than I, however, you act younger than most of my young kid siblings.

Goodluck, with your lack of knowledge =)

There's a reason Medicaid and Medicare are unsustainable. Imagine the entire health insurance system being run like them!

its because they are being took advantage of by people who do not need them. If it was structured, it could possibly work, but thats too much work for our government and everyone loves private! Let's pay out the ass forever! :devil:

its because they are being took advantage of by people who do not need them. If it was structured, it could possibly work, but thats too much work for our government and everyone loves private! Let's pay out the ass forever! :wallbash:

Exactly. Now imagine those programs being extended to 50 million more people, and probably a lot more as companies take the laughable $750 "penalty" per worker for not offering health insurance (versus paying $10K+ per worker), also at your and my expense. In reality, everyone should call their congressperson and tell them that this is unacceptable. Because in the end, we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Exactly. Now imagine those programs being extended to 50 million more people, and probably a lot more as companies take the laughable $750 "penalty" per worker for not offering health insurance (versus paying $10K+ per worker), also at your and my expense. In reality, everyone should call their congressperson and tell them that this is unacceptable. Because in the end, we'll only have ourselves to blame.

the funny thing about all this socialized health care talk is that the fed govt could have done this years ago by requiring health ins by companies rather than raising the min wage, which would have killed inflation among other things

the funny thing about all this socialized health care talk is that the fed govt could have done this years ago by requiring health ins by companies rather than raising the min wage, which would have killed inflation among other things

They pretty much did. Health benefits being tax free have held down the salary of the average worker.