Last post wins!

/dev/null

How come no one says tgimonday. At least u have a job

I work every day on the farm. And recently I am working my "normal" job building furniture every day of the week, too. Every day is a Monday.

BTW, how the hell-o are we going to stay in business when I estimate that for every dollar we make we spend over $.25 just on man hours/labor?!

What you having done?

New tile and granite couter top in laundry room and half bath (all done except now replacing two tiles they chipped when moving washing machine back in and granite installation)

New tile, granite countertop, granite shower curbs and tub in master bath - also required moving short wall (have to grout, install tub,granite, replace crown molding and mud short wall)

Getting close

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine and I watched a woman trying to free her car from the snow:

Rd #1 - gingerly spins the wheels (rear wheel drive vehicle)

Rd #2 - gives it a bit more gas ... spins the wheels

Rd #3 - intermitent bursts of spinning the wheels

Rd #4 - Puts the car in nuetral or park (I assume park) floors it and drops the tranny into reverse .... car makes God awful noise and wheels start spinning rapidly

Rd #5 - spins wheels at high rate - smoke and or steam starts to come out.

all this takes maybe 5 minutes

Rd #6 - My buddy has mercy walks over starts rocking the car back and forth r to d and so forth ... backs the car out and leaves it for the woman to drive away in (takes approximately 60 seconds)

Rd #7 - woman guns engine (why?) drops car into drive - makes god awfull noise and tires start spinning

Rd #8 - woman does same but now tries reverse

Rd #9 - woman puts back in drive and guns it - wheels spin

Rd #10 - she gets out of car and asks my buddy to move the car for her

Rd #11 - He shrugs his shoulders and says he doesn't know how to do it.

Just to piss her off ... I drive off. As my buddy and I are laughing he says " I realized she was likely to kill herself or someone else if we got her on the road. I guess it is best that we didn't."

New tile and granite couter top in laundry room and half bath (all done except now replacing two tiles they chipped when moving washing machine back in and granite installation)

New tile, granite countertop, granite shower curbs and tub in master bath - also required moving short wall (have to grout, install tub,granite, replace crown molding and mud short wall)

Getting close

Is the wife happy? thats all that counts.

Pot roast on the stove cooking. God, it smells so good.

Is the wife happy? thats all that counts.

Pot roast on the stove cooking. God, it smells so good.

Wife is happy with results not so much the process. Work is better than if I had done it myself and finished faster. Normal stuff with a project ... this guy has to finish A before the next guy can do B, etc. As is also expected coming in more than the estimates but not absurdly so.