Ray Lewis snaps & compares McNair to Jesus...

SKOOBY

I wonder what Lewis was talking about when he said McNair "sacrificed" a lot. Besides his life (which was not willingly given up), what exactly did he sacrifice? And in the BN, it states that McNair's girlfriend's life was "spiraling out of control." What about McNair's life? He had a wife and kids, but also had a secret Love Bungalo and bought this 20 year-old girl a Cadillac Escalade (and was a passenger in it while she was driving intoxicated too!). Doesn't seem like he had all his ducks in a row either.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful.

You are probably getting on the mods radar calling Jesus a crazy bipolar homeless person responsible for millions of deaths. This is an opinion board but if your posts get too offensive, they will be deleted.

If you stick to the bipolar homeless dude responsible for millions of deaths, you should be fine. Whatever you do, don't call Jesus a glove wearing Mary or this thread will disappear.

Are you tellin' me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball either?

Are you tellin' me that Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball either?

He has trouble with it, everyone knows that. Just don't throw him a fast ball over the plate, he hits it deep everytime

As for McNair, its tragic what happened, and I don't think he deserved to be killed, but to treat him as if he was a god is a bit much. He didn't live a righteous and holy life. It was a misstress who killed him (although was he seperated from his wife at the time??)

Its similar to the entire Michael Jackson death. Everyone forgets the bad things the person might be known for because they were talented elsewhere. Will OJ get this type of treatment when he dies?

He has trouble with it, everyone knows that. Just don't throw him a fast ball over the plate, he hits it deep everytime

As for McNair, its tragic what happened, and I don't think he deserved to be killed, but to treat him as if he was a god is a bit much. He didn't live a righteous and holy life. It was a misstress who killed him (although was he seperated from his wife at the time??)

Its similar to the entire Michael Jackson death. Everyone forgets the bad things the person might be known for because they were talented elsewhere. Will OJ get this type of treatment when he dies?

Wife had no clue.

I wonder what Lewis was talking about when he said McNair "sacrificed" a lot. Besides his life (which was not willingly given up), what exactly did he sacrifice? And in the BN, it states that McNair's girlfriend's life was "spiraling out of control." What about McNair's life? He had a wife and kids, but also had a secret Love Bungalo and bought this 20 year-old girl a Cadillac Escalade (and was a passenger in it while she was driving intoxicated too!). Doesn't seem like he had all his ducks in a row either.

Not only that, but McNair apparently had a woman (stripper in Minnesota) whose rent and car payments he was making. He would pay to have her meet him in his travels, when his wife wasn't with him. As unseemly and as unpleasant as it might be, wouldn't it have been better to just seek a divorce? It is kind of sad. Living three seperate lives is going to catch up with anyone, at some point, no matter how wealthy. I am sure McNair could have never anticipated dying like he did, but even if it hadn't happened, eventually his wife and kids would find out about his choices. As bad as it might sound, I think McNair must have been just as unstable as the girl who killed him.

I think Lewis was referring to McNairs' playing injured for his teammates, his "scacrifice"...although you can't be sure. Lewis is kind of a nut-case too... I always admired McNairs' grittiness on the field, but, as if it needed to be proven again, whatever noble traits an athlete exhibits in their athletic career, doesn't always translate to their personal life.

Not only that, but McNair apparently had a woman (stripper in Minnesota) whose rent and car payments he was making. He would pay to have her meet him in his travels, when his wife wasn't with him. As unseemly and as unpleasant as it might be, wouldn't it have been better to just seek a divorce? It is kind of sad. Living three seperate lives is going to catch up with anyone, at some point, no matter how wealthy. I am sure McNair could have never anticipated dying like he did, but even if it hadn't happened, eventually his wife and kids would find out about his choices. As bad as it might sound, I think McNair must have been just as unstable as the girl who killed him.

I think Lewis was referring to McNairs' playing injured for his teammates, his "scacrifice"...although you can't be sure. Lewis is kind of a nut-case too... I always admired McNairs' grittiness on the field, but, as if it needed to be proven again, whatever noble traits an athlete exhibits in their athletic career, doesn't always translate to their personal life.

:lol:

The real losers in this whole messed-up situation are his wife and his kids. Yeah, his wife probably has some profoundly mixed feelings, but now his kids have to grow up without their father around. What a shame.

If he was out all night getting drunk with 20 year old girls that get DUI's, what type of roll model was he?

Tell that to the victims of the Spanish Inquisition.

Or of 9/11.

We have plenty of jesus's walking around today, homeless bipolar people who did not have the luck to have a bunch of sheep following them that would immortalize their craziness.

And several David Koresh's who do....

Anyway, Ray Lewis himself is more like Jesus than McNair he at least has one body on his count...

I'm an atheist, so I'm not sure about the timeline of these events... I'm pretty sure this Jesus fella died around, oh, 1500 years before the Spanish Inquisition and 2000 years before 9/11. To try to blame a man who preached to love his fellow man for murders made in his name is ridiculous and moronic.

Here's a hypothetical for you. Let's say that I stated that I love and worship cows, and some people start to follow my lead and also begin to love and worship cows, but they then started to kill or otherwise injure those who don't share their belief. You are implying that I am somehow a murderer for my love of cows?

You sir, are an idiot.

I'm an atheist, so I'm not sure about the timeline of these events... I'm pretty sure this Jesus fella died around, oh, 1500 years before the Spanish Inquisition and 2000 years before 9/11. To try to blame a man who preached to love his fellow man for murders made in his name is ridiculous and moronic.

Here's a hypothetical for you. Let's say that I stated that I love and worship cows, and some people start to follow my lead and also begin to love and worship cows, but they then started to kill or otherwise injure those who don't share their belief. You are implying that I am somehow a murderer for my love of cows?

Were the cows food or tradeable??

You sir, are an idiot.

Where's the Beef?

Who determines the standard for what a "righteous and holy life" is?

Nothing more self righteous than a man who claims Jesus is responsible for millions of deaths.

you're right. it wasn't jesus...it was all the idiots who bought into his mythology of fear and hatred, disguised as "love."

You sir, are an idiot.

You love and worship cows?

what a bunch of critical armchair judges.

Guy was a fearless leader on the football field, who had off the field flaws, like every single FU#Kin one of you.

Catholic teaching: we are all sinners and need to repent. Well maybe I am not a sinner and live a clean life, why should anyone judge me if I do nothing wrong?

A guy like this gets a boat load of money playing big ball and gets his dumb *** killed by a little slut does not deserve any credit / sympathy from me. Great job on the field hero, poor job at the house. His kids will now need to explain why my dad's not here and how his tramp got to keep him forever, which one would think is the selfish mindset of why she did it.

Catholic teaching: we are all sinners and need to repent. Well maybe I am not a sinner and live a clean life, why should anyone judge me if I do nothing wrong?

A guy like this gets a boat load of money playing big ball and gets his dumb *** killed by a little slut does not deserve any credit / sympathy from me. Great job on the field hero, poor job at the house. His kids will now need to explain why my dad's not here and how his tramp got to keep him forever, which one would think is the selfish mindset of why she did it.

Catholic teaching? I doubt everyone here is Catholic.......who's to say whether their teachings are right or wrong?

Catholic teaching? I doubt everyone here is Catholic.......who's to say whether their teachings are right or wrong?

Who's to say we're all sinners? Is a mother caring for her child a sinner? When does she become a sinner if performing gods work of a miracle?? When does she become a sinner again?

I always found the guilt the catholic church lays on it's members sickening.