The Annual Pamplona Running of the Bulls

WWVaBeach

Would Ya?

This may just be the understatement of the year:

Fatalities are relatively rare and when one occurs, it serves as a reminder that amid all the street parties and revelry associated with San Fermin, running with fighting bulls weighing 1,300 pounds (600 kilos) or more on cobblestone streets packed with humanity is a life-risking exercise.

I am certainly not an animal rights fanatic, but anyone who gets gored to death while tormenting a frightened 1100 lb bull deserved what happened to them. A thinning of the herd if you will.

Completely agree!

Current Scorecard:

Bulls 1, People 0

Go Bulls!

But...then we do where Buffalo Bills shirts to games in Miami don't we? Pot calling the kettle black?

Pffffft....I've done that dozens of times.

The worst those wussy fisheads do is make scowley faces, maybe spill a mojito on their Marino jersey and slur, "Billsssh Shhhuck duuuuuude".

I am certainly not an animal rights fanatic, but anyone who gets gored to death while tormenting a frightened 1100 lb bull deserved what happened to them. A thinning of the herd if you will.

I think those same people should also participate in:

The Feeding of the Bengal Tigers

The Swimming of the Great White Sharks

The Wrestling of Pythons

The Slapping of Alligators

Maybe clean up the gene pool a little.

I would not participate.

I passed on going to a Mexican bull fight, but did not subject my companions who DID go to my opinions.

One guy asked if I was a "wuss" and I explained that unless he wanted to hear my reasons for not going, he should let it go. :thumbsup:

Later at another town, he declined jumping off a twenty foot cliff into deep water, and I looked at him, but said not a word, as I turned and leaped into the air.

I would also not agree with halting the running of the bulls, unless the SPANISH people decided it was time to end their tradition. Those bulls have it no worse than the ones in most stockyards, when it comes right down to it, so unless you are Vegan, do not even go there with me! :w00t:

The world is not politically correct.

Would Ya?

This may just be the understatement of the year:

Fatalities are relatively rare and when one occurs, it serves as a reminder that amid all the street parties and revelry associated with San Fermin, running with fighting bulls weighing 1,300 pounds (600 kilos) or more on cobblestone streets packed with humanity is a life-risking exercise.

Later at another town, he declined jumping off a twenty foot cliff into deep water, and I looked at him, but said not a word, as I turned and leaped into the air.

You BASTARD! Do you know how many forms of flora and fauna were harmed by your cannonball? For shame!