Dominic Rhodes on Colin Cowherd Show

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone give me a recap of what he says please..

I am sure it will go something like this:

1. T.O. question

2. Peyton manning reference

3. Cownerd find a way to get the Patriots mentioned

4. Commercial

ESPN radio sucks.

I am sure it will go something like this:

1. T.O. question

2. Peyton manning reference

3. Cownerd find a way to get the Patriots mentioned

4. Commercial

ESPN radio sucks.

You nailed the topics, just out of order. It went:

1. Patriots

2. Manning

3. T.O.

4. Making fun of Buffalo

Eh, I don't mind him. Sometimes when I listen I think he sounds so arrogant, but whenever the thing he's usually predicting is over, he's actually right a lot of the time.

I agree. I think for the most part the guy tells it how it is, and although some of it obviously strikes a nerve with a lot of people around here, most of what he says is pretty damn true IMO. The anti-Buffalo stuff I could do without, but other than that I feel like he says things that other people, Rome included, are afraid to say and most of what he says resonates with me. Particularly during topics involving pro and college football. He is right on in those areas, especially college. JMHO.

I agree. I think for the most part the guy tells it how it is, and although some of it obviously strikes a nerve with a lot of people around here, most of what he says is pretty damn true IMO. The anti-Buffalo stuff I could do without, but other than that I feel like he says things that other people, Rome included, are afraid to say and most of what he says resonates with me. Particularly during topics involving pro and college football. He is right on in those areas, especially college. JMHO.

I actually believe he likes Buffalo, and the Bills. The only thing he makes fun of is the weather, which is true. Otherwise, he's usually saying something pretty good about the fans, the food, and the individual players he likes (such as Trent Edwards).

You nailed the topics, just out of order. It went:

1. Patriots

2. Manning

3. T.O.

4. Making fun of Buffalo

So was there any talk related to the Bills, or were they an afterthought?

So was there any talk related to the Bills, or were they an afterthought?

Cowherd and Rhodes were talking about the snow, since Rhodes is from Texas, and how there are poles on the fire hydrants so you know where they are when there's, "13 feet of snow in August."

He asked the T.O. question, Rhodes said he only knows what Owens is like on the field. Then Cowherd gushed about Trent for a little, and said our offense should be really good.

Colin Cowherd is unbearable, as are Mike & Mike. Dan Patrick thinks he's way cooler than he actually is. I agree- ESPN radio is by and large unlistenable, although Rome is still the best interviewer and gets the best selection of guests in the biz. Colin Cowherd however, makes me long for the days of Jim Brinson

I actually believe he likes Buffalo, and the Bills. The only thing he makes fun of is the weather, which is true. Otherwise, he's usually saying something pretty good about the fans, the food, and the individual players he likes (such as Trent Edwards).

It may be true, but it's still old. It might have been funny 25 years ago, but the more I hear the media types making fun of the weather, the more stupid I think it is.

Cowherd and Rhodes were talking about the snow, since Rhodes is from Texas, and how there are poles on the fire hydrants so you know where they are when there's, "13 feet of snow in August."

He asked the T.O. question, Rhodes said he only knows what Owens is like on the field. Then Cowherd gushed about Trent for a little, and said our offense should be really good.

Rhodes mentioned that Owens, Evans and Parrish will help the running game by taking safeties out of the box.

FWIW he mentioned Parrish twice and Reed nil.

I agree. If you ever listen to his picks for College Football with concerns to the lines they are right more then they are wrong. Sometimes he just flat out nails it. Like this year when the Lakers were playing Utah. After the Lakers won the first 2 games he said Utah said they will have their token win in game 3 before the Lakers win the next 2. He had it dead nuts. Wish I would of listen to him for that one on the gambling front.

There are no poles on fire hydrants, at least where I live. I do not know where people get this stuff from.

Sometime last week I had Colin on, and he was praising Ralph and the Bills as a franchise. It was not on the field, but from a business perspective and the regionalization of the franchise(yes, including the Toronto games). He also gave a shout out to the fans for filling the joint, considering the size of the market and the record the last decade.

It may be true, but it's still old. It might have been funny 25 years ago, but the more I hear the media types making fun of the weather, the more stupid I think it is.

Very true. Its like those commercials about 'the most intersting man in the world'. "He never starts a sentense by makeing a remark about the weather".

There are no poles on fire hydrants, at least where I live. I do not know where people get this stuff from.

We have 'em in OP, in the more rural parts of the southtowns.