Sauce for goose should be sauce for the gander....

So, Hill'ry quits her US Senator from NYS position de facto two years ago to run for President; then quits de jure to accept the SecState position and she's a wily political veteran. Sarah Palin quits her position as Governor and she is dumber than a rock....? Same ol, same ol to me.

How are the citizens who listened to their campaign promises, accepted their candidates beliefs and then voted being served by the person for whom they voted?

So, Hill'ry quits her US Senator from NYS position de facto two years ago to run for President; then quits de jure to accept the SecState position and she's a wily political veteran. Sarah Palin quits her position as Governor and she is dumber than a rock....? Same ol, same ol to me.

How are the citizens who listened to their campaign promises, accepted their candidates beliefs and then voted being served by the person for whom they voted?

I am no fan of Hillary but this is easy. First, Clinton was a second-term Senator vs. Palin in her first term. Second, running for president always takes someone away from their job--both Palin and Clinton were doing that. Third, Clinton resigned to take a new job in a huge appointment to be Sec State vs. PAlin who will take time off to hunt moose and write her memoirs?

Stop listening to the Republican machine. The difference is that Palin has been and continues to be borderline insane. It will be amusing to see her flame out in embarassment in the 2012 election.

I am no fan of Hillary but this is easy. First, Clinton was a second-term Senator vs. Palin in her first term. Second, running for president always takes someone away from their job--both Palin and Clinton were doing that. Third, Clinton resigned to take a new job in a huge appointment to be Sec State vs. PAlin who will take time off to hunt moose and write her memoirs?

Stop listening to the Republican machine. The difference is that Palin has been and continues to be borderline insane. It will be amusing to see her flame out in embarassment in the 2012 election.

I can't wait to see what a tome like that might do to the English language.

Even as someone who'd never vote for her, at least Hillary can speak in fairly grammatical sentences when she's in front of a camera. The same situation drops Palin's IQ to ~ 40. I don't know if McCain would have done better w/ another VP choice, but bizzaro Palin sure didn't help, especially among the independents. It was rather sad last year to see a respected statesman sing an early an swan song b/c he was pressured into picking her as VP rather than his first couple of choices (e.g. Lieberman) b/c they didn't 'poll well' among the base.

As far as Palin's political future, it's gone. She's officially quit a governorship b/c it was too difficult. Will she quit when it gets too difficult to be a ________? And even this killer point is down the list of attack arguments from any future election opponent. If it is her intention to work behind the scenes as was her vague statement... well, her camp might find out that the flavor of the month changes frequently.

Ah, Sarah Palin is dumber than a rock. No argument there. Did you see/hear her incoherent rant? It was worse than taking all the conservatives on this board and melding their posts into one. On a GOOD day, I can even make better sense. :lol:

Cue MC Hammer, Palin must not be too legit... She quit... She quit because the media was "giving her the business." :flirt::lol:

I can't wait to see what a tome like that might do to the English language.

Even as someone who'd never vote for her, at least Hillary can speak in fairly grammatical sentences when she's in front of a camera. The same situation drops Palin's IQ to ~ 40. I don't know if McCain would have done better w/ another VP choice, but bizzaro Palin sure didn't help, especially among the independents. It was rather sad last year to see a respected statesman sing an early an swan song b/c he was pressured into picking her as VP rather than his first couple of choices (e.g. Lieberman) b/c they didn't 'poll well' among the base.

I would probably have voted for McCain until he chose Palin. That he could make such an awful decision and then try to ram it down our throats once he had to have realized how terrible a choice he made was too much for me to swallow. His choice didn't drive me to Obama but it threw me out of the major party candidates to the third party also-rans. Again.

I would probably have voted for McCain until he chose Palin. That he could make such an awful decision and then try to ram it down our throats once he had to have realized how terrible a choice he made was too much for me to swallow. His choice didn't drive me to Obama but it threw me out of the major party candidates to the third party also-rans. Again.

I think the Palin choice started off as a good conceptual idea, but ended up with horrible execution (not unlike a DJ play involving JP). It almost seemed the Republicans were attempting to go after the female vote that was left feeling stranded after Obama defeated Hillary as well as ultra conservatives who felt McCain was too moderate. But Palin didn't seem to connect with the female voters as much as the Republicans had hoped.

MTCW....right idea, wrong person.

I think the Palin choice started off as a good conceptual idea, but ended up with horrible execution (not unlike a DJ play involving JP). It almost seemed the Republicans were attempting to go after the female vote that was left feeling stranded after Obama defeated Hillary as well as ultra conservatives who felt McCain was too moderate. But Palin didn't seem to connect with the female voters as much as the Republicans had hoped.

MTCW....right idea, wrong person.

Ya think?

:rolleyes:

Say what you want about Hillary... What woman on the planet would think that ditz Palin "has it." She is an insult to any self-secure woman with a brain.

Ya think?

:rolleyes:

Say what you want about Hillary... What woman on the planet would think that ditz Palin "has it." She is an insult to any self-secure woman with a brain.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but she is......um......different. If she is really going to be making a serious run for the presidency in 2012, I would imagine that she is going to be going through some pretty intensive preparation. If that is the case, we may all be very surprised at the outcome. I don't think she's going to just fade from view.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but she is......um......different. If she is really going to be making a serious run for the presidency in 2012, I would imagine that she is going to be going through some pretty intensive preparation. If that is the case, we may all be very surprised at the outcome. I don't think she's going to just fade from view.

She is too polarizing and will bring more people out to vote againsther than for her.

If she was an actual contender at election time, I'd cast a vote for the "other guy" who could win. Even if it's Obama. Palin is a joke and even if she has her soundbites lined up, she's still a joke.

She is too polarizing and will bring more people out to vote againsther than for her.

If she was an actual contender at election time, I'd cast a vote for the "other guy" who could win. Even if it's Obama. Palin is a joke and even if she has her soundbites lined up, she's still a joke.

I just want to reiterate: I'd still hit it.

And I still think her best career move right now is a Sunday morning pundit show where she debates someone one-on-one for half-an-hour on a given topic. She might be dumb as a post...but she made the VP debate was awfully entertaining.

I just want to reiterate: I'd still hit it.

And I still think her best career move right now is a Sunday morning pundit show where she debates someone one-on-one for half-an-hour on a given topic. She might be dumb as a post...but she made the VP debate was awfully entertaining.

Yeah, that would be great. Each week she could field ten questions and then answer one of them, the same way, every week, saying, "I don't want to talk about that, I want to talk about this." That VP debate was disgusting.

Yeah, that would be great. Each week she could field ten questions and then answer one of them, the same way, every week, saying, "I don't want to talk about that, I want to talk about this." That VP debate was disgusting.

Oh come on. A wink here, a "you betcha" there, mixed with a healthy dose of "Maverick!" would enthrall the wingnut faithful.

By the way - a more equitable comparison would be to LBJ. He declared he wasn't going to run again. Had he then resigned, because why bother completing his term after all since he wasn't going to have a second term - he'd have been pilloried and would have deserved it. However he opted to fulfill his duty and promise to the people who voted for him (many of them several times).

The state of Alaska is probably the big winner here.

Just like a "change" here a "hope" there enthralled the leftnut faithful.

Ya but come on. Maybe we are at opposite ends, I find suburban soccer hockey moms to be extremely brutal. You don't find them with brutal schtick? "Change" and "hope" are as basic and fudementally American as it can get. What are you un-American or just stuck in brutality? :lol::rolleyes: Maybe I am not as jaded as you are yet. :lol:

Ya but come on. Maybe we are at opposite ends, I find suburban soccer hockey moms to be extremely brutal. You don't find them with brutal schtick? "Change" and "hope" are as basic and fudementally American as it can get. What are you un-American or just stuck in brutality? :lol::rolleyes: Maybe I am not as jaded as you are yet. :lol:

Because hope is not a strategy and I have yet to see any change and am not counting on any coming. And don't assume that my remark meant I have any liking of Palin. I, like JA, decided not to vote for McCain when he chose her.

I didn't say it was good, I said it was entertaining, in a great number of ways. For example: the suspense of wondering if Joe Biden would vault his podium and strangle her before the evening was over.

Oh come on. A wink here, a "you betcha" there, mixed with a healthy dose of "Maverick!" would enthrall the wingnut faithful.

You forgot "Oh, there you go again, Joe..."

Well, she was polarizing. It remains to be seen how the new Palin emerges.