Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen....Review

Mark Vader

I just saw "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", and I feel the same way as I did when I saw the first Transformers movie.......nonplussed. I liked it, I did'nt love it. I am a huge Transformers fan, and this franchise could be so much more than what is being put out. Sadly, Michael Bay does not see it that way. Everything must be LOUD, and everything must be blown up.

I'm not saying that TROTF, is a terrible movie. On the contrary it is a good action film with lots of cool scenes and great special effects, and thank God there is more robot dialogue than in the first film, especially with the Decepticons. Soundwave & Ravage are awesome, even though they do not dominate the film.

What is very tough to take is the incredibly lame comedy in this movie. From Spike's roommate, to Spike's parents, to the miniature decepticon truck, and worst of all, the autobot twins. If there are two characters that you are actually rooting for to be killed in the most horriffic way possible, it's these twins.

It is still a fun movie, and that is important. As a Transformers fan, I wish that this franchise could be made into a movie that is much more serious, but I may be in the minority in that area.

Please Steven Spielberg, I beg you to relinquish your Executive Producer role and kick Michael Bay out of the director's chair and take full control of this franchise. Give it the dignity that Bay has taken away from it.

I just saw "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", and I feel the same way as I did when I saw the first Transformers movie.......nonplussed. I liked it, I did'nt love it. I am a huge Transformers fan, and this franchise could be so much more than what is being put out. Sadly, Michael Bay does not see it that way. Everything must be LOUD, and everything must be blown up.

I'm not saying that TROTF, is a terrible movie. On the contrary it is a good action film with lots of cool scenes and great special effects, and thank God there is more robot dialogue than in the first film, especially with the Decepticons. Soundwave & Ravage are awesome, even though they do not dominate the film.

What is very tough to take is the incredibly lame comedy in this movie. From Spike's roommate, to Spike's parents, to the miniature decepticon truck, and worst of all, the autobot twins. If there are two characters that you are actually rooting for to be killed in the most horriffic way possible, it's these twins.

It is still a fun movie, and that is important. As a Transformers fan, I wish that this franchise could be made into a movie that is much more serious, but I may be in the minority in that area.

Please Steven Spielberg, I beg you to relinquish your Executive Producer role and kick Michael Bay out of the director's chair and take full control of this franchise. Give it the dignity that Bay has taken away from it.

Until they find a way to bring in Omega Supreme.....it just wont do it for me....:rolleyes:

Until they find a way to bring in Omega Supreme.....it just wont do it for me....:rolleyes:

They don't need to find a way to do anything except keep Megan Fox sweaty and on the big screen as often as possible.

In fact, Megan Fox in the first Transformers flick single-handedly justifies the purchase of a Blu-Ray player.

They don't need to find a way to do anything except keep Megan Fox sweaty and on the big screen as often as possible.

In fact, Megan Fox in the first Transformers flick single-handedly justifies the purchase of a Blu-Ray player.

Yep, she is the hottest thing going right now, bar none.

My son has just gotten into Transformers. We were in Best Buy a few months ago and it was playing on the TV. He was mezmorized. I asked him if he wanted the movie...of course! He can watch as often as he wants and Dad will join him. Of course, I have not yet explained why Dad's tongue falls out of his mouth for certain scenes...

I'll be checking this out this weekend. Until then, I just picked up season 1 on DVD. It's funny how many little mistakes in the animation I've noticed so far, but it's still awesome.

Couldn't even finish the first one. Just terrible. Lame plot, lame jokes, dumb "characters", loud and pointless. Read the sequel is worse . . . if that's possible. I kept my mouth shut until my then-13 and 10 year olds turned to me and said, "this is kinda of stupid." Another Michael Bey extravaganza.

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. Its gotten ripped apart by just about all relevant critics. What exactly do these people want? Some grandiose, existential statement about life? It's a Michael Bay movie about gigantic alien robots. Other Michael Bay claims to fame? Armageddon, Pearl Harbor. Stuff blows up, there's a hot girl or two, and maybe something happens between characters. I'm not really sure.

I sat through 3 hours of "life is depressing, then you die" when I saw Benjamin Button. It was long, depressing, and pretentious. Everybody loved this movie. Sometimes I wanna just vege out and not have to endure a "film" just to prove my taste.

I can't remember seeing a movie that managed to both entertain and suck at the same time. It was pretty much what I expected. While they did tone down the human stuff a lot, it was still incredibly annoying. I really wish they didn't have to go for the comic relief, but I can understand why they'd put it in there. So if they need it, just leave it with the humans and don't use the Twins, Jetfire, and Wheelie for the same purpose.

Why exactly did they add Arcee and Sideswipe to this movie? They went completely unnoticed and had maybe one line each. Really, did any Autobot other than Prime and the twins get more than one line? I think Ironhide had two.

I like that they actually used the Megatron-Starscream relationship in this one.

John Turturro was great. If they could have somehow had him be the only human in the movie (well, Megan Fox too), I would've been very happy.

I love how they're so unoriginal that they can't even give Glen Morshower a different name. If they're going to be that lame with the naming, couldn't they at least call him General Pierce? How did he survive the first one anyway? Oh yeah, he's Aaron F'n Pierce.

SPOILERS COMING UP:

I thought the movie really dragged on in the time between Prime's death and the final battle. If they had trimmed that down I would've been happy with the movie.