Rumor...Favre signs with the Vikings

Favre Signs with the Vikings...

Brett Favre has already signed with the Vikings and the team is waiting for the right time to release the information.

That's according to a report from profootballtalk.com that attributes the information to unnamed sources, including a member of the military serving in Afghanistan.

The report states the officer contacted the site to say that Minnesota already has signed Favre, and has also green-lighted the production of Reebok Vikings jerseys that bear the number 4....

I love PFT's source: "attributes the information to unnamed sources, including a member of the military serving in Afghanistan." Now, that's really working the rumor mill!

cool with me. My roomate is a massive Favre/Packers fan. He is so torn because he can never decide if he is more of a fan of Favre or the Packers. He hates Ted Thompson and the Vikings. Seeing him go through this mental torture is very, very entertaining.

The guys at the St. Paul Pioneer Press, responding to our recent blurb regarding a certain gray-headed quarterback and a certain purple-helmeted team, asked agent Bus Cook to address whether Brett Favre is under contract with the Vikings.

And, of course, Bus Cook denied it.

(As they say, “He who denied it, supplied it.”)

“No contract” was Cook’s message to Rick Alonzo of the Pioneer Press...

More here:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/21/...lace-for-favre/

Did we even make an offer? Maybe qb isnt the biggest need but anytime another team signs a big free agent I know my bills fan blood boils.

This is why I swear them of.

Bret favre is as presently constituted is not a up grade from Trent. Trent Edwards is a QB who is accurate, a good decision maker, and young with potential to get better due to getting more starts under his belt. Edwards arm and health are concerns but you take the good with the bad and hope his arm is good enough and he stays healthy,

Bret Favre is a lower top ten QB all time but at the age of 40 he isn't a guy who I want for this team or most teams (teams that have young QB's need to groom them and most contenders have better QB's). The reason the Vikings gave him a job is because their QB situation is so bad that he represents a great up grade over what they have.

Favre at age 40 and coming off of surgery (for the first time in his life) and Favre throws a lot of picks and at his age still has a good arm but not the great arm he once had which means he can "gun sling" his way out of his mistakes. Also Favre can only get worse Trent is likely to only get better due to the added experience.

As a TFAG (Typical Football Analysis Guy) would say Bret Favre is just going to drop back and throw the ball around like a kid in the play ground. He is just going to go out there and have fun so who cares if he throws a few fun balls (ints) he is just a river boat gambler who is going to do what it takes to win because he has heart.

Bret favre is as presently constituted is not a up grade from Trent. Trent Edwards is a QB who is accurate, a good decision maker, and young with potential to get better due to getting more starts under his belt. Edwards arm and health are concerns but you take the good with the bad and hope his arm is good enough and he stays healthy,

Bret Favre is a lower top ten QB all time but at the age of 40 he isn't a guy who I want for this team or most teams (teams that have young QB's need to groom them and most contenders have better QB's). The reason the Vikings gave him a job is because their QB situation is so bad that he represents a great up grade over what they have.

Favre at age 40 and coming off of surgery (for the first time in his life) and Favre throws a lot of picks and at his age still has a good arm but not the great arm he once had which means he can "gun sling" his way out of his mistakes. Also Favre can only get worse Trent is likely to only get better due to the added experience.

As a TFAG (Typical Football Analysis Guy) would say Bret Favre is just going to drop back and throw the ball around like a kid in the play ground. He is just going to go out there and have fun so who cares if he throws a few fun balls (ints) he is just a river boat gambler who is going to do what it takes to win because he has heart.

Don't bother arguing with a troll like me, it really isn't worth your while.

Ahem...I mean...

Farve is 10 times the qb Edwards ever will be, I bet Edwards is out of the nfl like his bud Lossman after this season. Maybe then well draft a qb who isnt a noodle arm? til then we need a guy like farve

Did we even make an offer? Maybe qb isnt the biggest need but anytime another team signs a big free agent I know my bills fan blood boils.

This is why I swear them off.

Please, please....don't resist as your epiglottis reaches up to strangle your brain. The pain will only last a second or two.

Don't even THINK thoughts like this. Please. It's for the better of the species.

"Red Rubber Ball" - Jay and the Americans

Ahem...I mean...

Farve is 10 times the qb Edwards ever will be, I bet Edwards is out of the nfl like his bud Lossman after this season. Maybe then well draft a qb who isnt a noodle arm? til then we need a guy like farve

Your user name says it all, So your obvioulsy not a loyal Bills fan.

Please, please....don't resist as your epiglottis reaches up to strangle your brain. The pain will only last a second or two.

Don't even THINK thoughts like this. Please. It's for the better of the species.

"Red Rubber Ball" - Jay and the Americans

Why bother with this worthless troll?

Ahem...I mean...

Well I can't argue that Favre has much more fun than Edwards :lol:

4. "I think whether Favre has agreed to a contract or not -- and profootballtalk.com reported Sunday night he may well have done so -- there is universal agreement among those close to Favre that the money is either done or absolutely not going to be a problem. Favre's playing for Minnesota if his right arm feels OK by month's end."

Peter King of Sports Illustrated in todays MMQB column.

4. "I think whether Favre has agreed to a contract or not -- and profootballtalk.com reported Sunday night he may well have done so -- there is universal agreement among those close to Favre that the money is either done or absolutely not going to be a problem. Favre's playing for Minnesota if his right arm feels OK by month's end."

Peter King of Sports Illustrated in todays MMQB column.

Ugh.

For years and years, GB and Favre meant 10+ tv games were shoved onto the tv schedule - only DAL was worse.

If he signs with MIN - deja vu all over again. :thumbsup:

If he wants to play and the Vikes want him to play, then good for both sides. The guy loves to play football. This Vikes team is much better than the Jets team he played on last year.

BTW, I'm not saying Jackson is great but look at his #s last year: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackTa00.htm Granted, it was only 5 games but a 9 td to 2 int ratio and 95.4 Qb rating is very impressive. For all the talk of the Bills' coaches messing with Losman, the Vikes are totally screwing with TJ.

I love PFT's source: "attributes the information to unnamed sources, including a member of the military serving in Afghanistan." Now, that's really working the rumor mill!

Farve was there teaching troops to throw grenades. :P

cool with me. My roomate is a massive Favre/Packers fan. He is so torn because he can never decide if he is more of a fan of Favre or the Packers. He hates Ted Thompson and the Vikings. Seeing him go through this mental torture is very, very entertaining.

Sounds like fun. Video record him during the Pack vs. Viking games an put them up on youtube. :lol:

Ahem...I mean...

:thumbsup: Why can't I stop myself from doing this but if TE is out of football next year, or even the Bills I'll give you a million gajillion dollars. :lol: