Rumor...Favre signs with the Vikings

Ugh.

For years and years, GB and Favre meant 10+ tv games were shoved onto the tv schedule - only DAL was worse.

If he signs with MIN - deja vu all over again. :thumbsup:

I would rather see the Vikings than the Cowboys over and over again. I live in New Jersey and it really astounds me how many Cowboy fans there are here. It is the second generation of fans who fell for a 1970's marketing campaign of "Americas Team". It sickens me really you have not one but 2 teams to root for. If you want to root for a big powerhouse why not root for the Steelers. At least Pittsburgh is closer and more likable than DallASS.

I hated the Jets and wasn't feeling the Giants. I wanted to root for the Little Engine that could so I became a Bills fan. The Cowboys sicken me to my core. Seeing the Vikes with Favre would be a nice change of pace especially if they knock the Cowboys off the radar for a few weeks.

Besides the Jets and Pats I think the Cowboys are my most hated football team out there.

If he signs with the Vikings it could only be good for the Bills. We don't play them this year, but two or three teams that we could be potentially fighting with for a wild card do, so, if he signs with them and makes them better, then that's o.k. with me. IMO, he would be an upgrade there, and coupled with AP, might be enough for them to make it to the SB, but, they still are lacking in the receiving corps, and the Eagles and Giants are going to be real tough this year. Either way, doesn't matter to the Bills.

Don't bother arguing with a troll like me, it really isn't worth your while.

Ahem...I mean...

Farve is 10 times the qb Edwards ever will be, I bet Edwards is out of the nfl like his bud Lossman after this season. Maybe then well draft a qb who isnt a noodle arm? til then we need a guy like farve

It's 2009. Are you aware of that?

Favre is WELL past his prime....22 TDs & 22 INTs would get most QB's banished to the CFL.

Chad Pennington is a noodle arm....and a winner. Edward's arm is more than sufficient to win in the NFL. I am and always will be a fan of Losman, but Trent is/was miles ahead of JP in the mental aspect of the game.

Just end this dance already...

If Favre wants to be a Viking, fine. I think he's pretty close to being done anyway. One bad hit on that shoulder, and that's it, IMO.

Circle these dates on your calendar:

Monday October 5 -- Packers at Vikings on ESPN.

Sunday November 1 -- Vikings at Packers. If Favre signs, this becomes the highest rated regular season game in Fox history.

cool with me. My roomate is a massive Favre/Packers fan. He is so torn because he can never decide if he is more of a fan of Favre or the Packers. He hates Ted Thompson and the Vikings. Seeing him go through this mental torture is very, very entertaining.

If you're a Favre fan, you're not a Packers fan. End of story.

This has much more to do with the fact that Favre hates Ted Thompson than anything else, and Favre wants his revenge. Alas, those who seek revenge don't always obtain it.

I know this was discussed a while back on the board, but I believe it bears repeating. Plus, it's something extremely rare: something I actually agree with Michael Irvin on.

"Listen, Favre's 100 years old; stop this already," Irvin told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times. Irvin was recently in Los Angeles to promote his Spike TV reality show "4th and Long."

"This is what's killing everybody. Every time Favre says, 'I want to come back,' it's like everybody on ESPN says, 'Whatever team he says he wants to come to, he makes them automatically a Super Bowl contender.'

"They said that same stuff last year with the Jets, and Favre gave out toward the end of the season. I love Favre and I think he's been a phenomenal talent for a long time. But when I think about it now, I say, 'Stop it already.' I don't mind that you still want to play football, but do you want to play so much, and you want to get back at [Green Bay General Manager] Ted Thompson so much, that you're willing to go back into Lambeau and hurt those fans that supported you for so long?"