UFL Draft

CHUK ny

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/06/...re_season_draft

This site provides the results of the UFL's draft tonight. Some "names" were chosen but no Losman. He could however have been a player previously "reserved" as the article points out.

Notable names

Las Vegas- S Archuletta, TE Nate Jackson, and RB Tyson Thompson

New York- RB's Cecil Sapp and LaBrandon Toefield as well as T Ray Norrell (from UB)

Orlando- QB Bollinger, NT Tripplett, DB's Dejuan Tribble and Mike Doss as well as Schobel's brother BO.

San Fran.- RB Ayanbadejo, T Cory Lekkerkerker, and WR BJ Sams

This site provides the results of the UFL's draft tonight. Some "names" were chosen but no Losman. He could however have been a player previously "reserved" as the article points out.

Notable names

New York- RB's Cecil Sapp and LaBrandon Toefield as well as T Ray Norrell (from UB)

Orlando- QB Bollinger, NT Tripplett, DB's Dejuan Tribble and Mike Doss as well as Schobel's brother BO.

Larry Tripplett? Cecil Sapp was in buff for a visit this offseason i believe. also i heard that the CB we are working out in the near future, terrell maze, also was drafted.

Larry Tripplett? Cecil Sapp was in buff for a visit this offseason i believe. also i heard that the CB we are working out in the near future, terrell maze, also was drafted.

I was expecting to see maybe a few more of the younger Camp Invites, that received to contracts. I love the Idea of the UFL, but they are going to need to get some players.

It is like the perfect mesh of the College game where they play with all heart and for a chance to be better than their peers, yet without the contract disputes and holdouts! (though less talented players, it is a good way to get a better look at some players that previously would have lacked the reps to prove something)

Notable names

Correct. Each team has already been assigned 20 players, which most likely includes their starting QBs. Here's what Chris Mortensen said about JP (via Twitter): "JP Losman technically not in draft but he'll play for Vegas, hoping work w Fassel can resurrect skills. Using Kerry Collins as role model."

Also in Vegas: WR David Kirkus, who played for Detroit and Denver. Think he had some legal trouble and washed out of the league.

Also speculation that Mike Vick could end up with Orlando.

Correct. Each team has already been assigned 20 players, which most likely includes their starting QBs. Here's what Chris Mortensen said about JP (via Twitter): "JP Losman technically not in draft but he'll play for Vegas, hoping work w Fassel can resurrect skills. Using Kerry Collins as role model."

Also in Vegas: WR David Kirkus, who played for Detroit and Denver. Think he had some legal trouble and washed out of the league.

Also speculation that Mike Vick could end up with Orlando.

I have been unable to find a roster or anything as far as the reserved players are concerned which is more or less the players i was expecting to see. Guess we have to wait to get them all. Chris Brown also reported on JP going to Vegas as well. Just lacking any confirmation to shoo them in as the eventual champs with JP under center. LMAO

Was BJ Sams in Bills camp last year or was that PK Sam?

I actually used to watch the World Football League (mid seventies, their ball had international orange stripes), and I watched Jim Kelly (along with his run and shoot receivers Gerald "The Ice Cube" McNeil, Vince Courville, Clarence Verdin, and Richard Sanders, as well as Todd Fowler and KiKi DeAyala) play for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL. I did not pay any attention to the XFL. Seeing as this is held during the NFL regular football season, I could actually see myself watching a few of the games.

Was BJ Sams in Bills camp last year or was that PK Sam?

I actually used to watch the World Football League (mid seventies, their ball had international orange stripes), and I watched Jim Kelly (along with his run and shoot receivers Gerald "The Ice Cube" McNeil, Vince Courville, Clarence Verdin, and Richard Sanders, as well as Todd Fowler and KiKi DeAyala) play for the Houston Gamblers of the USFL. I did not pay any attention to the XFL. Seeing as this is held during the NFL regular football season, I could actually see myself watching a few of the games.

That was PK Sam this year:

Buffalo Bills

On January 26, 2009, Sam was signed to a reserve/future contract by the Buffalo Bills.

Last year, he played in the CFL. He also has a Super Bowl ring with the Pats.

That was PK Sam this year:

Buffalo Bills

On January 26, 2009, Sam was signed to a reserve/future contract by the Buffalo Bills.

Last year, he played in the CFL. He also has a Super Bowl ring with the Pats.

If Miro satan can get on the cup then Pk sam can have a superbowl ring IMHO>

UFL Mission Statement:

"To fulfill the unmet needs of football fans in major markets currently underserved by professional football by providing a high quality traditional football league comprised of world class professional football players. The UFL will serve the communities with pride, dedication and passion, and uphold a leadership role in the development of football worldwide. The UFL will provide every fan with an affordable, accessible, exciting and entertaining game experience."

Underserved. So they put two of their four teams in markets that have not one, but TWO NFL teams, and they put another team in Florida, which has three NFL teams.

Way to fulfill those unmet needs.

UFL Mission Statement:

"To fulfill the unmet needs of football fans in major markets currently underserved by professional football by providing a high quality traditional football league comprised of world class professional football players. The UFL will serve the communities with pride, dedication and passion, and uphold a leadership role in the development of football worldwide. The UFL will provide every fan with an affordable, accessible, exciting and entertaining game experience."

Underserved. So they put two of their four teams in markets that have not one, but TWO NFL teams, and they put another team in Florida, which has three NFL teams.

Way to fulfill those unmet needs.

They have to go where they think money and potential TV audiences are.

They have to go where they think money and potential TV audiences are.

Yes. It just conflicts completely with their mission statement.

And, I'm not sure the money is where they think it is. Do they really think people in NYC and San Francisco are going to care about these teams? Put one in Des Moines or Santa Fe, though, and maybe they'll have a following. Maybe.

Yes. It just conflicts completely with their mission statement.

And, I'm not sure the money is where they think it is. Do they really think people in NYC and San Francisco are going to care about these teams? Put one in Des Moines or Santa Fe, though, and maybe they'll have a following. Maybe.

I think you have put your finger on the reason why this is going to fail. Do they really think that a lot of folks are going to want to watch minor league football on Fridays when there is college on Saturday and pro on Sunday? In markets where there are well-established teams with strong followings?

I think the lingerie football league is more likely to succeed... :rolleyes:

I think they should partner with the NFL and serve as a developmental league. Play in smaller cities, etc. Kind of like NFL Europe but back home. If Rochester had a team I would go to the games.