What 5 Teams Do You Think Have...................

H2o

This is a tough one, for me anyway. There are some good units out there, but these are the 5 in the order I see it:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Boldin, Fitz, and Breaston take the cake in my book. That's two possible HOF'ers and a WR on the rise to go with them. Warner is loaded down in Arizona.

2. New England Patriots - Go ahead and sling mud at me if you want to, but Moss, Welker, Galloway, and Lewis are going to allow Tom Brady to put up some massive #'s again if he stays healthy.

3. Buffalo Bills - Some might call me a homer and make every excuse for why we shouldn't even be in the top five, but is there really any question that our group is this good? Think about it. Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, and Steve Johnson all could be on the field for Trent at one time. That's 3 game-breaker type WR's and 2 solid posession guys. If our OL holds up, Trent should make the Pro Bowl.

4. Green Bay Packers - You have Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson. Aaron Rodgers definitely has his fair share of weapons to choose from as well.

5. Denver Broncos - This hinges on whether they have Brandon Marshall or not though. If they have Marshall then you have him with Royal, Lloyd, and Jabar Gaffney. That's a pretty solid unit. If Marshall is traded though, I don't have them here.

5. (If Denver trades Marshall) Philadelphia Eagles - Philly has Reggie Brown, Desean Jackson, a healthy Kevin Curtis returning, Hank Baskett, and they drafted Jeremy Maclin(who should make as instant an impact as Jackson did last season). Donovan is loaded in Philly now. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he put up the best #'s of his career this season.

Who do you guys believe are the top 5 groups in the NFL?

1. Arizona

2. New England

3. Buffalo

4. Indianapolis

5. Green Bay

Denver's WR's were a product of number 6. Cutler is gone & so is their production.

I still Indy's top 2 of Wayne & Gonzalez. Peyton will make a star out of some receiver we've never heard of!

1. Arizona

2. New England

3. Buffalo

4. Indianapolis

5. Green Bay

Denver's WR's were a product of number 6. Cutler is gone & so is their production.

I still Indy's top 2 of Wayne & Gonzalez. Peyton will make a star out of some receiver we've never heard of!

So was the:

Offensive line

running game

Tight end

Anything else? Cause those 27 tds to 20 turnovers sure make Cutler look like he makes everyone better!

5. (If Denver trades Marshall) Philadelphia Eagles - Philly has Reggie Brown, Desean Jackson, a healthy Kevin Curtis returning, Hank Baskett, and they drafted Jeremy Maclin(who should make as instant an impact as Jackson did last season). Donovan is loaded in Philly now. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he put up the best #'s of his career this season.

If Maclin pans out the Eagles may move up. But right now Brown is terrible and didn't dress half last year. Baskett is mediocre at best. Curtis is a nice posession guy. Jackson is a smurf and Maclin is unknown. By my count, they have 2.5 WRs I'd like to have.

In order to be top 5 you need to have at least one great WR. I'd rather have the Texans with Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones or the Saints with Colston, Henderson, Meachem, and Lance Moore than the Eagles.

No doubt though, the Bills have targets. Can we get them the ball in places they can be successful is the question. For example, Roscoe Parrish is waste of space right now. Put him on the Pats and he's Wes Welker with more wiggle.

This is a tough one, for me anyway. There are some good units out there, but these are the 5 in the order I see it:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Boldin, Fitz, and Breaston take the cake in my book. That's two possible HOF'ers and a WR on the rise to go with them. Warner is loaded down in Arizona.

2. New England Patriots - Go ahead and sling mud at me if you want to, but Moss, Welker, Galloway, and Lewis are going to allow Tom Brady to put up some massive #'s again if he stays healthy.

3. Buffalo Bills - Some might call me a homer and make every excuse for why we shouldn't even be in the top five, but is there really any question that our group is this good? Think about it. Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, and Steve Johnson all could be on the field for Trent at one time. That's 3 game-breaker type WR's and 2 solid posession guys. If our OL holds up, Trent should make the Pro Bowl.

4. Green Bay Packers - You have Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson. Aaron Rodgers definitely has his fair share of weapons to choose from as well.

5. Denver Broncos - This hinges on whether they have Brandon Marshall or not though. If they have Marshall then you have him with Royal, Lloyd, and Jabar Gaffney. That's a pretty solid unit. If Marshall is traded though, I don't have them here.

Who do you guys believe are the top 5 groups in the NFL?

Guys, I know it is summer and we are all undefeated but:

Do you really believe that TO will make that much of a difference? He is such a generous person that loves the ball to be spread around. The Bills top two WRs last year, Evans and Reed, had four touchdowns. FOUR TOTAL...four each would be pitiful for any teams top 2 receivers. Four total downright sucks. Lee was tied for 58th in the league in TD's...30 NFC WRs and 27 AFC WRs had more TD's than Evans. I will say it again he signed his fat contract and laid down he is not elite in my book. I think Reed has had ONE TD in the last two seasons. Each tight end...Fine, Schoumann and Royal....had ONE TD.

The Bills receiving corp will make great strides to make it into the top 20 units this year. Top 5, 10 or 15 -- I don't see it, not if crossing the goal line with the ball in your hands counts.

From past history what makes you think they are top 3? Trent Edwards? - we will be singing alleluia if he is in the top 20 this year. Steve Johnson? - he had all of ten catches. Or are you all still drinking Genesse Cream Ale? That might explain it.

1) Pats- I hate to admit it but Galloway was at a huge bargain, and the other three are comparable to AZ with more Depth and better TE's

2) Arizona- is hands down the best three headed monster but Urban and The LSU wr from last year are not the depth of NE.

3) NO- Colston, Moore, Meachum, and Henderson combined with Shockey and Miller give them an edge

4) Buff- Questions surounding the Qb and TE's drops us behind the others. But the potential is there.

5) GB- Driver is aging but still productive, Jennings is explosive and on edge of stardom, Jones and Nelson are very large and hard to matchup with in the slots.

Honorable mentions

Atl- Tony G is not a WR but improves their already good core of WR's with R. White, Jenkins, and Harry Douglas

Cin- Depending on how Carson is, and if Coles stays healthy, Ochocinco, Coles, Henry, and Caldwell, Chatman, Simpson and Urrutia are all potential solids as no 4 and 5's

1) Pats- I hate to admit it but Galloway was at a huge bargain, and the other three are comparable to AZ with more Depth and better TE's

2) Arizona- is hands down the best three headed monster but Urban and The LSU wr from last year are not the depth of NE.

3) NO- Colston, Moore, Meachum, and Henderson combined with Shockey and Miller give them an edge

4) Buff- Questions surounding the Qb and TE's drops us behind the others. But the potential is there.

5) GB- Driver is aging but still productive, Jennings is explosive and on edge of stardom, Jones and Nelson are very large and hard to matchup with in the slots.

Honorable mentions

Atl- Tony G is not a WR but improves their already good core of WR's with R. White, Jenkins, and Harry Douglas

Cin- Depending on how Carson is, and if Coles stays healthy, Ochocinco, Coles, Henry, and Caldwell, Chatman, Simpson and Urrutia are all potential solids as no 4 and 5's

Great call...I like your top 5, though, if I wasn't a homer, I might be tempted to place Buffalo in honorable mention, and Atlanta at #4...if Seattle gets some decent QB play, they could be formidable too...

1- Cardinals

2- Pats

3- Broncos (with Marshal)

4- Bills

5- Just to be different Bengals

Boldin and Fitzgerald are the best 1-2 in the league while Breaston is one of the better slot guys in the league.

Moss and Welker are really good while Galloway is a solid number 3 All 3 are also vets with playoff experience.

Marshall and Royal great combo of speed and size and Brandon Stokely is a prototypical slot reciver.

Lee Evans and TO top notch combo of speed and size. While Reed is a quality slot receiver.

Ocho Cinco plus a solid number two like Coles and a slot guy in Chris Henry who can be explosive.

I didn't count tight ends into this equation. Due to the fact its unfair to compare because some teams like the Pats use tight ends to complement the passing game and more so for blocking. Also didn't factor in QB play I basically did pure value of the receivers.

“I would like to think we have a top five wide receiver corps. Offenses are spreading you out all over the field today. It's a big part of our game. You see four and sometimes even five receivers on the field. The game is a little bit different - a lot different - than it was a number of years ago. We need to play as well as we can play, perform as hard as we can perform and see what we can get out of it. Will it be a top five ranking? We'll do all we can to work together to get this thing where everybody wants it to be. The fact is that you have to be top five in some areas in order to be successful. Clearly the name of our game is to win.”

Dick Jauron on H2o's question about whether the Bills wide receiving corps is a top five NFL unit.

Guys, I know it is summer and we are all undefeated but:

Do you really believe that TO will make that much of a difference? He is such a generous person that loves the ball to be spread around. The Bills top two WRs last year, Evans and Reed, had four touchdowns. FOUR TOTAL...four each would be pitiful for any teams top 2 receivers. Four total downright sucks. Lee was tied for 58th in the league in TD's...30 NFC WRs and 27 AFC WRs had more TD's than Evans. I will say it again he signed his fat contract and laid down he is not elite in my book. I think Reed has had ONE TD in the last two seasons. Each tight end...Fine, Schoumann and Royal....had ONE TD.

The Bills receiving corp will make great strides to make it into the top 20 units this year. Top 5, 10 or 15 -- I don't see it, not if crossing the goal line with the ball in your hands counts.

From past history what makes you think they are top 3? Trent Edwards? - we will be singing alleluia if he is in the top 20 this year. Steve Johnson? - he had all of ten catches. Or are you all still drinking Genesse Cream Ale? That might explain it.

Spot on ... while the Bills have nowhere to go but up they should not get a bye and jump into the top 5. Parrish is a joke as a WR. Reed can be a good posession receiver but is far from elite. While many on this board have high hopes for Johnson keep in mind the hope is built off a total of five receptions last year (hardly elite numbers). Don't get me wrong, the Bills will improve but I do not put them in the top 5 yet.

Spot on ... while the Bills have nowhere to go but up they should not get a bye and jump into the top 5. Parrish is a joke as a WR. Reed can be a good posession receiver but is far from elite. While many on this board have high hopes for Johnson keep in mind the hope is built off a total of five receptions last year (hardly elite numbers). Don't get me wrong, the Bills will improve but I do not put them in the top 5 yet.

OK....who is your top 5 than?

If you comment, you should atleast list your group to be fair.

I frequently can't stand how people on this site always think Bills players are better than other teams'... but I really don't see how NE's receiving corps is better than ours. We both have a very good top two tandem (Moss, Welker and Owens, Evans), theirs is probably better than ours, but our depth is better by a landslide IMO.

Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, James Hardy I'd take any day over a decrepit Joey Galloway, special teams gunner Greg Lewis, and career long special teamer Sam Aiken.

I don't know where you want to rank the Bills' receiving corps, but wherever it is, it should be infront of New England's IMO.

OK....who is your top 5 than?

If you comment, you should atleast list your group to be fair.

Let me toss in a bit of a surprise:

1.) Arizona

2.) Philly

3.) Pitt (Holmes and Ward were both top 10 receivvers last year)

4.) Cheatriots*

5.) Bolts (if you count Gates as a WR)

How can the Eagles even make that list? They've been trying to get receivers in there for years. Reggie Brown is completely horrible, Kevin Curtis spends more time in the trainer's room than on the field, Hank Basket barely even plays, Maclin is a rookie receiver.. we all know how that usually works out, and Jackson is pretty damn good. That's one good receiver...

How can the Eagles even make that list? They've been trying to get receivers in there for years. Reggie Brown is completely horrible, Kevin Curtis spends more time in the trainer's room than on the field, Hank Basket barely even plays, Maclin is a rookie receiver.. we all know how that usually works out, and Jackson is pretty damn good. That's one good receiver...

How about three receivers (including TE) in top ten receiving yards last year with Curtis and Jackson @ 3&4 respectively.

How about three receivers (including TE) in top ten receiving yards last year with Curtis and Jackson @ 3&4 respectively.

What receiving yards stats sheet are YOU looking at?

There are no Eagles in the top 10... and Curtis had 390 yards receiving last year.

nfl.com