Photos of White Throwbacks

Steve C

well that seals the (already decided) deal. the throwbacks should be our fulltime uniforms. theyre unbelievably better looking than our "modern" uniforms

so true.

if only bills management would agree... helll russ brandon should know better right? afterall he is supposed to be a marketing guru... give the people what they want!

I must be the only one, but I don't really like these. We never had striping that looked like this. To me it's a small step up from the red helmet with the white standing buffalo we wore in '95, but it's not right. Why not do it right? :thumbsup: The blue throwbacks we have are much better.

The Pants appear to be different

The Pants appear to be different

Pants and jersey stripes are both very different. We had the over the shoulder stripes until '66, then went to the classic red & blue sleeve stripes (which were NOT the ones on these jerseys). We had a single red stripe on the pants until '69, then went to the classic blue & red (with no white in between).

What kills me is they got it pretty much bang on with the Blue ones - why go cheesy with these white ones?

Hate to disagree, Sir Rubeo, but my '65 Topps cards have the bottom-of-sleeve stripes, not the UCLA-style ones. And the pics of the '64 team on this page look like the current "throwbacks" (except for the numbers on the shoulders instead of the sleeves, of course).

Hate to disagree, Sir Rubeo, but my '65 Topps cards have the bottom-of-sleeve stripes, not the UCLA-style ones. And the pics of the '64 team on this page look like the current "throwbacks" (except for the numbers on the shoulders instead of the sleeves, of course).

64... that's what I meant... :thumbsup:

Personally, I always thought those shoulder stripes were sweet. The helmets were a little too plain until they added the blue, though ...

As for thinking those pants looked like the old Pats, the design is close, but the colors are reversed:

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall05/bro...e/patriots.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20050126015003/...0/Buffalo64.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/20050126013624/...60/Boston61.gif

I made the observation a few years ago that the best looking uniforms to me are the ones that haven't ever really changed - Raiders, Steelers, Packers.

Why can't we just go back to the 60s uniforms full time, like the Jets have.....Those are so sweet.

I made the observation a few years ago that the best looking uniforms to me are the ones that haven't ever really changed - Raiders, Steelers, Packers.

Why can't we just go back to the 60s uniforms full time, like the Jets have.....Those are so sweet.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I must be the only one, but I don't really like these. We never had striping that looked like this. To me it's a small step up from the red helmet with the white standing buffalo we wore in '95, but it's not right. Why not do it right? :rolleyes: The blue throwbacks we have are much better.

its not so much that the striping is "wrong" as much as they are "incomplete".

the sleeve stripes are lacking border stripes.

The pants are wrong, but also unnecessary. There are already decent white throwback pants that would work just fine with these shirts.

Either whomever decides these things at OBD is not the most meticulous person in the world, or Reebok is having trouble matching the stripes , which i suspect is the right play here.

bottom line, though: this outfit is so so so so so so so so so much better than clown outfits they wear now. Someone HAS to get to these people at OBD, somehow, to make th entire throwback set permanent.

bottom line, though: this outfit is so so so so so so so so so much better than clown outfits they wear now. Someone HAS to get to these people at OBD, somehow, to make th entire throwback set permanent.

You'd think that with all the people around here that have sources deep within the organization, that it would be easy to talk to someone at OBD about this.

Either whomever decides these things at OBD is not the most meticulous person in the world, or Reebok is having trouble matching the stripes , which i suspect is the right play here.

I was saying the same thing in an earlier post about the white throwbacks...somebody got lazy here. And if it was Reebok, someone at OBD has to make the call and make it right.

Somebody, either at Reebok or at OBD, had to see the prototype...and that person(s) most likely wasn't even born when the throwbacks were around and when handed a set of the 2009 version, probably said something like, "No big deal, no one will notice the stripe trim."

Jeeziz, just get it right. Look at the detail in the San Diego throwbacks...the Bills jerseys need to be as accurate as possible.

• 3 weeks later...