Obama and Jeremiah Wright

He should be so happy to have really been associated with this person:

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/06/10/100...away-from-obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDeRY7IgcQ...feature=related

“Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me,” Obama’s former pastor told the Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Va., where he was attending a ministers’ conference at Hampton University. “I told my baby daughter that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office.”

:devil::lol::thumbsup::wallbash::thumbsup:

And he came out and said that he disagreed with what the reverend says. Your point?

May I ask which politician you support?

you really don't get the point?

:devil:

I don't care that Obama and the reverend had ties with one another, my point is that the Reverend and Obama having been associated with each other is just as irrelevent as your last thread that you created about Sarah and some of her loony followers

you really don't get the point?

:devil:

I don't care that Obama and the reverend had ties with one another, my point is that the Reverend and Obama having been associated with each other is just as irrelevent as your last thread that you created about Sarah and some of her loony followers

I got your point. The difference is that Obama came out and said he disagreed with what the reverend was saying. Palin hasn't for this and she didn't during the election. Granted she can not control those who come to her side or offer their support.

I got your point. The difference is that Obama came out and said he disagreed with what the reverend was saying. Palin hasn't for this and she didn't during the election. Granted she can not control those who come to her side or offer their support.

Having people defending you is completely different from listening to a preacher every Sunday for years. See the difference? Why did Obama, after all those years of listening to Wright, finally say he disagreed with him?

Having people defending you is completely different from listening to a preacher every Sunday for years. See the difference? Why did Obama, after all those years of listening to Wright, finally say he disagreed with him?

Because he didn't have to? I've listened to VABills for years. I don't have any particular reason to make a statement to the effect that I don't take him seriously...even though I don't take him seriously.

Because he didn't have to? I've listened to VABills for years. I don't have any particular reason to make a statement to the effect that I don't take him seriously...even though I don't take him seriously.

Not that I care about this topic, as I was just trying to make a point to how stupid PBills Sarah topic was, but you wouldn't get in your car, take your whole family with you and subject your children to listen to VABills speak about things you didn't care about would you?

I would hope not

How often over the years have you gone to his house to listen to what he had to say?

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope

So you must have a pretty close relationship with VABills?

It's very simple. Because the guy talks all day long every day, to everyone that does or doesn't want to listen, he can't stop talking, usually about reasonable topics and concerns of religion or race or the neighborhood or the country, and then every six months goes off the reservation for a few minutes. Those are what you get from the press.

It's very simple. Because the guy talks all day long every day, to everyone that does or doesn't want to listen, he can't stop talking, usually about reasonable topics and concerns of religion or race or the neighborhood or the country, and then every six months goes off the reservation for a few minutes. Those are what you get from the press.

Yep. Put 100 monkeys at 100 typewriters and they will come up with this:

"

The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the United States had brought on al Qaeda's attacks because of its own terrorism.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Rev. Wright said in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001.

"We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

Now why would the press pick on such"reasonable" remarks?

Yep. Put 100 monkeys at 100 typewriters and they will come up with this:

"

Now why would the press pick on such"reasonable" remarks?

They should. What you morons seem incapable of understanding is the simple fact that there were dozens of taped sermons over twenty years that Obama was a member. Hours and hours and hours of recorded sermons. And they have been obviously gone through by the right, every single one of them, looking for more craziness. ABC News went through everyone of them looking for more. And yet we only hear those same 4-5 small clips from two or three sermons, mostly from years ago. I wonder why that is? He has 30-40 sermons a year for 30-40 years and this is all they find? I wonder why it's been months since we last heard a peep out of the guy who cannot keep his mouth shut even though all he does is talk.

Not to mention that if you listened to that entire sermon it was rather amazing, and I would bet you would have agreed with and liked about 90% of it. (I'm not saying he doesn't say some crazy ass stuff)

Have you described VABills as your spiritual mentor? And did you chose him to be the godfather to your children? I must have missed that post...

They should. What you morons seem incapable of understanding is the simple fact that there were dozens of taped sermons over twenty years that Obama was a member. Hours and hours and hours of recorded sermons. And they have been obviously gone through by the right, every single one of them, looking for more craziness. ABC News went through everyone of them looking for more. And yet we only hear those same 4-5 small clips from two or three sermons, mostly from years ago. I wonder why that is? He has 30-40 sermons a year for 30-40 years and this is all they find? I wonder why it's been months since we last heard a peep out of the guy who cannot keep his mouth shut even though all he does is talk.

Not to mention that if you listened to that entire sermon it was rather amazing, and I would bet you would have agreed with and liked about 90% of it. (I'm not saying he doesn't say some crazy ass stuff)

so let me get this straight, according to your logic, I can live a good, decent life 99% of the time, and that the remaining 1% I can go off on a tangent, make racist comments, and have total disregard in what I say to whomever I want, because most of the time, I behave properly.

That sounds Fair Kelly :wallbash:

so let me get this straight, according to your logic, I can live a good, decent life 99% of the time, and that the remaining 1% I can go off on a tangent, make racist comments, and have total disregard in what I say to whomever I want, because most of the time, I behave properly.

That sounds Fair Kelly :wallbash:

It's just an opinion, but I personally think black people have a right to once in a while say crazy azz schit about what white people have done over the years, sure. And I surely think that the US government has done some crazy azz schit over the years, which is what he usually say crazy azz schit about.

He also doesn't have total disregard for what he says, I would assume he pretty much knows what he is saying. He just, as I said, goes off the reservation once in awhile. Just because you can't understand what he is saying, or what it means, or where he is coming from, or bother to listen what he actually said in those sermons, shows more about you, IMO, than it does about him.

Here is the 9/11 speech sermon which is one of the bad ones always referenced, and the "God Damn America" sermon. They're actually pretty damn good.

http://www.rolandsmartin.com/blog/?p=160

That doesn't mean I don't think he says some crazy azz schit. Of course he does. And it doesn't at all mean I agree with him, which I often don't. What it does mean is the guy isn't nearly the person he is made out to be. And more importantly, there is every reason to believe that Obama never heard him say the most crazy of the crazy azz sh--, because as I stated, they could only find a few blurbs of the bucket o' crazy azz schit out of a few decades of him blathering.

So explain to me how Rev Wright's nutsiness has impacted Obama's policies? I don't see any concentration camp, segregated toilets (with whites getting the nasty ones), etc etc etc. We haven't bombed anyone yet (who didn't deserve it) and the only people that have been killed as a result of an Obama order were...black pirates. Hardly seems like Rev Wright's running the country through a "disciple" in the Oval office?

Obama went to that church for how many years? Anyone who goes to church knows it's not just the preacher you go for. Your friends and neighbors may go. Maybe it's conveniently located. Who REALLY sits there and listens attentively to the preaching?

The difference with Palin is that SHE attracts the loonies.