Obama and Jeremiah Wright

It's just an opinion, but I personally think black people have a right to once in a while say crazy azz schit about what white people have done over the years, sure. And I surely think that the US government has done some crazy azz schit over the years, which is what he usually say crazy azz schit about.

He also doesn't have total disregard for what he says, I would assume he pretty much knows what he is saying. He just, as I said, goes off the reservation once in awhile. Just because you can't understand what he is saying, or what it means, or where he is coming from, or bother to listen what he actually said in those sermons, shows more about you, IMO, than it does about him.

Here is the 9/11 speech sermon which is one of the bad ones always referenced, and the "God Damn America" sermon. They're actually pretty damn good.

http://www.rolandsmartin.com/blog/?p=160

That doesn't mean I don't think he says some crazy azz schit. Of course he does. And it doesn't at all mean I agree with him, which I often don't. What it does mean is the guy isn't nearly the person he is made out to be. And more importantly, there is every reason to believe that Obama never heard him say the most crazy of the crazy azz sh--, because as I stated, they could only find a few blurbs of the bucket o' crazy azz schit out of a few decades of him blathering.

If being a nutbag 10% of the time is enough for a 20-year friend to disown and condem the man who married you and baptized your kids, it should probably be good enough for the rest of us.

If being a nutbag 10% of the time is enough for a 20-year friend to disown and condem the man who married you and baptized your kids, it should probably be good enough for the rest of us.

I didn't say he was a nutbag 10% of the time. I said that even Jim in Anchorage would agree with 90% of it. I agreed with almost all of it, except some little outrageous claims.

I said he said crazy azz schit a few times in the few decades as I far as I have heard. I'm sure there are more but that was my point. No one can find any. In those actual sermons, the real nutbag stuff is about 2-3 short phrases out of 40 straight minutes six-eight years ago.

So explain to me how Rev Wright's nutsiness has impacted Obama's policies? I don't see any concentration camp, segregated toilets (with whites getting the nasty ones), etc etc etc. We haven't bombed anyone yet (who didn't deserve it) and the only people that have been killed as a result of an Obama order were...black pirates. Hardly seems like Rev Wright's running the country through a "disciple" in the Oval office?

Obama went to that church for how many years? Anyone who goes to church knows it's not just the preacher you go for. Your friends and neighbors may go. Maybe it's conveniently located. Who REALLY sits there and listens attentively to the preaching?

The difference with Palin is that SHE attracts the loonies.

:wallbash: In a thread on Rev Wright! ;)

How often over the years have you gone to his house to listen to what he had to say?

Having a relationship with someone for over 20 years, married you and your wife, plus baptisied your children is not grounds for any thing other than praise.

I wasnt listening, I wasnt listening, I wasnt listening............

So explain to me how Rev Wright's nutsiness has impacted Obama's policies? I don't see any concentration camp, segregated toilets (with whites getting the nasty ones), etc etc etc. We haven't bombed anyone yet (who didn't deserve it) and the only people that have been killed as a result of an Obama order were...black pirates. Hardly seems like Rev Wright's running the country through a "disciple" in the Oval office?

Obama went to that church for how many years? Anyone who goes to church knows it's not just the preacher you go for. Your friends and neighbors may go. Maybe it's conveniently located. Who REALLY sits there and listens attentively to the preaching?

The difference with Palin is that SHE attracts the loonies.

priceless :wallbash:

It's just an opinion, but I personally think black people have a right to once in a while say crazy azz schit about what white people have done over the years, sure. And I surely think that the US government has done some crazy azz schit over the years, which is what he usually say crazy azz schit about.

He also doesn't have total disregard for what he says, I would assume he pretty much knows what he is saying. He just, as I said, goes off the reservation once in awhile. Just because you can't understand what he is saying, or what it means, or where he is coming from, or bother to listen what he actually said in those sermons, shows more about you, IMO, than it does about him.

Here is the 9/11 speech sermon which is one of the bad ones always referenced, and the "God Damn America" sermon. They're actually pretty damn good.

http://www.rolandsmartin.com/blog/?p=160

That doesn't mean I don't think he says some crazy azz schit. Of course he does. And it doesn't at all mean I agree with him, which I often don't. What it does mean is the guy isn't nearly the person he is made out to be. And more importantly, there is every reason to believe that Obama never heard him say the most crazy of the crazy azz sh--, because as I stated, they could only find a few blurbs of the bucket o' crazy azz schit out of a few decades of him blathering.

Well, I'm glad that you presume to know what I do and don't understand considering we don't know each other. If you would of cared to have read what I wrote, you would see that I don't give two sh*ts about this topic, and the only reason why I started it was to mock PBills because of his idiotic Sarah thread. The reason why I had responded to your comment was because I saw it as a logic that to me seemed painfully flawed. I don't believe it is justified to as you say "go off the reservation" once in a while, just because the majority of the time you behave well, and if you do, and you are a public figure as he is, then any criticism he receives is fair game.

And in regards to "shows more about you than it does about him", considering it's coming from a person who thinks it is ok to have a double standard and excuses asanine behavior from a bigot just because he use to have ties with Obama is ok with me. :wallbash:

Not that I care about this topic, as I was just trying to make a point to how stupid PBills Sarah topic was, but you wouldn't get in your car, take your whole family with you and subject your children to listen to VABills speak about things you didn't care about would you?

I would hope not

My topic was dumb? I simply said that if she was smart, we know that she's not, she would condemn the hateful speech spewing from their mouths. Easy enough. Do you understand that? Maybe not. With all of your talk about Wright you were probably one of the people yelling nasty things from the crowd at her events.

My topic was dumb? I simply said that if she was smart, we know that she's not, she would condemn the hateful speech spewing from their mouths. Easy enough. Do you understand that? Maybe not. With all of your talk about Wright you were probably one of the people yelling nasty things from the crowd at her events.

:wallbash:

Says the guy who supports organizations whose MAIN job is to demonize management at every turn and ENSURE that their ranks are united agaisnt them. Orgganizations that label ANYONE that doesnt join as "rats" and "scabs." Organizations that use strongarm tactics, threats and harrassment to swell their member rolls whenever possible.

Says the guy who supports organizations whose MAIN job is to demonize management at every turn and ENSURE that their ranks are united agaisnt them. Orgganizations that label ANYONE that doesnt join as "rats" and "scabs." Organizations that use strongarm tactics, threats and harrassment to swell their member rolls whenever possible.

Treat workers fairly and there is no issue right? I love strong arm tactics, threats and harassment. :wallbash:;) Like I have said MANY times on here. I would love to have your rose colored glasses. You act as though management is always on the up and up and they NEVER threaten anyone, harass their workers or use strong arm tactics. Get a grip on reality.