James Hardy Day a huge success

Again Know the fact.........He did NOT shove his child in any way shape or form.

Are you in denial? Here is another reference.

But off the field, trouble followed. He was arrested on May 19 on charges of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime, after his girlfriend accused him of hitting her and the couple's infant child.

Hardy, 21, was arrested in May in his hometown of Fort Wayne and was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged attack on his girlfriend and their infant son. He avoided a trial on the criminal charges by agreeing to take part in a pretrial diversion program in August.

Robyn Niedzweicki, spokeswoman for the Allen County prosecutor's office, said the charge was dismissed Wednesday after Hardy completed the six-month program. Hardy received counseling in communication improvement and anger management at his own expense, authorities said.

So, there are the facts. Hardy did abuse his girlfriend and 1 year old son. He then got off with a 6 month program and public apology. Not very difficult for a star athlete and potential first round pick to have an incident like this swept under the rug in a college town. If you have evidence to prove otherwise, do so instead of merely saying "know the fact."

So, there are the facts. Hardy did abuse his girlfriend and 1 year old son. He then got off with a 6 month program and public apology. Not very difficult for a star athlete and potential first round pick to have an incident like this swept under the rug in a college town. If you have evidence to prove otherwise, do so instead of merely saying "know the fact."

Fort Wayne Journal Gazette

February 16, 2007

Prosecutors dismiss charges against Hardy

From staff and wire reports

Allen County prosecutors dismissed a domestic assault case against an Indiana University football player this week after he successfully completed anger management and communication counseling.

James W. Hardy, 20, a 2004 Elmhurst High School graduate, was arrested May 19 and charged with misdemeanor counts of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Hardy had been scheduled to face a jury trial on the charges in August but reached an agreement with prosecutors the week before. On Thursday, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office said Hardy had successfully completed all the requirements of the six-month, pre-trial diversion program in which he entered, and that prosecutors had dismissed the charges.

In August, prosecutors agreed to dismiss the charges against Hardy if he received counseling to improve his communication skills and anger management. Additionally, he was required to pay $315 in court costs, which he had already done.

He was charged in May after Fort Wayne police responded to a 911 hang-up call in the 3500 block of South Hanna Street. When officers arrived just after 5:30 p.m., they found Hardy's girlfriend, 22, the mother of his infant son, sitting in the grass crying. Her shirt was torn and she had reddish marks on her neck, according to court records.

Although a probable cause affidavit stated Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their son, the girlfriend testified in June that she was emotional and called 911 because she was trying to "get him."

Are you in denial? Here is another reference.

Lets say I shove my wife because she is in my face. Considerd Domestic violence

Lets say I grab her arm because she slaps me. Considerd Domestic violence

Lets say I rip my wife shirt as she grabs me. Considered Domestic Violence.

Lets say it was all done in front of my kids. Cosidered Domestic Violence.

Was there an aruguement. Yes. Is it abuse? Doubt. Was his kid really involved. He was there. Again Know the facts because the gal admitted to trying to get at him

Lets say I shove my wife because she is in my face. Considerd Domestic violence

Lets say I grab her arm because she slaps me. Considerd Domestic violence

Lets say I rip my wife shirt as she grabs me. Considered Domestic Violence.

Lets say it was all done in front of my kids. Cosidered Domestic Violence.

Was there an aruguement. Yes. Is it abuse? Doubt. Was his kid really involved. He was there. Again Know the facts because the gal admitted to trying to get at him

Who the F cares, here is a positive story about someone, and we gotta find a way to rip him.

I agree with the poster who said we have way to much negativity on this board.

If you are going to report the negative, and report is a bad choice of words, it's more like,

if we are going to salivate over the bad, then let's promote the good as well, at least it's

not another embarrassing incident story.

Fort Wayne Journal Gazette

February 16, 2007

Prosecutors dismiss charges against Hardy

From staff and wire reports

Allen County prosecutors dismissed a domestic assault case against an Indiana University football player this week after he successfully completed anger management and communication counseling.

James W. Hardy, 20, a 2004 Elmhurst High School graduate, was arrested May 19 and charged with misdemeanor counts of domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime. Hardy had been scheduled to face a jury trial on the charges in August but reached an agreement with prosecutors the week before. On Thursday, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office said Hardy had successfully completed all the requirements of the six-month, pre-trial diversion program in which he entered, and that prosecutors had dismissed the charges.

In August, prosecutors agreed to dismiss the charges against Hardy if he received counseling to improve his communication skills and anger management. Additionally, he was required to pay $315 in court costs, which he had already done.

He was charged in May after Fort Wayne police responded to a 911 hang-up call in the 3500 block of South Hanna Street. When officers arrived just after 5:30 p.m., they found Hardy's girlfriend, 22, the mother of his infant son, sitting in the grass crying. Her shirt was torn and she had reddish marks on her neck, according to court records.

Although a probable cause affidavit stated Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their son, the girlfriend testified in June that she was emotional and called 911 because she was trying to "get him."

So he took a plea bargain and patched things up with his girlfriend. There's a difference between having charges dismissed and being innocent.

So he took a plea bargain and patched things up with his girlfriend. There's a difference between having charges dismissed and being innocent.

Social services isn't going to simply walk away if hardy actually hit his infant son (which he didn't). He did smack his girlfriend around, but just because his son was in the room, doesn't mean that he hit his son. You're simply making things up at this point.