Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if Bills players smoke marijuana?

• No. It is not performance enhancing. It's just a plant
    • Yes, if they smoke it means they are incapable of making good decisions

Weed is NOT illegal in every state...go to Cali and get prescription dummbass.

Technically, weed is illegal in every state because possession violates federal drug laws. You won't get busted by state or local cops in Cali of you have a script but you can still get hit by the feds.

I had a moderately funny encounter with a card carrying medical marijuana user. Believe me. Don't believe me. Whatever. This happened.

He had just moved to PA from Cali and his cover story was that he was coming to us to continue his mental health counseling. He went on and on and on for like 20 minutes during his intake about how great it was, culminating by confidently pushing his card across the table and asking me how long it would be before he could get a new script because he was almost out. I had the duty to inform the gentleman that his card was only valid in California and that he would not be receiving any prescriptions for marijuana from us or any other doctor in PA because weed still is quite illegal here. It was like I ran over his dog. "Well what am I gonna do to get more weed??" "I'm sorry Sir I really don't know what to tell you." "This is BS, who can I call to get this straightened out?" "Uhm, nobody Sir it's against the law in this state." "Do you think they could mail it to me from California?" "Probably not, Sir that would violate Federal Law by transporting it over state lines and people have been FedExing illicit material for a while. Don't you remember when Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island got busted for doing that?" "Right...well, why am I here then?" "You said you wanted counseling, Sir." "F that, I just wanted the doctor to write a script like I got in Cali."

Don't get me wrong, that office prescribed way worse and more addicitve crap every day legally. It was the guy's expectation that he was gonna get hooked up like right then because Cali said it was ok that amused me. On the scale of screwing up the universe weed is pretty low, IMO. It is however fairly illegal and since on at least some level your personal beliefs about something must bend before the law until it's legal it's not a good idea. I could believe that polygamy, underage drinking, and exportation of nuclear materials are totally OK but that doesn't make it so.

Oh, and for the guy who knows a vascular surgeon who smokes regualrly PM me his name so he's not my vascular surgeon if I need one. That's just universally stupid given how expensive a mistake can be for him. Whether it's the weed's fault or not if he screws up and kills somebody and a good malppractice attorney has him drug tested he's f'd. He'd be a very poor non-vascular surgeon very very quickly. I personally know of an anesthesiologist who got canned and lost his license for getting high off his own supply. Just dumb.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest three3

it's not like your surgeon smokes up right before operating. there is something called "leisure time"

I know a vascular surgeon that smokes pot almost daily.

I also know an ENT, orthopedic surgeon, and pediatrician that smoke it regularly.

They live in different areas, and each of them is highly-regarded in their field.

Perhaps you've got tunnel vision in relation to the use of pot, or perhaps you're simply self-righteous. Either way, get off of your high horse.

Oh Snap. My feelings exactly to those who blindly insult those that smoke or have smoked dope.

If they actually researched people who have smoked dope, they'd be stunned.

Are you kidding me? Are you really comparing our founding fathers and their need to form a new government to illegal marijuana use? Please tell me you are joking, because that would be sad - and stupid. If you can't see the difference between the two maybe you should post while not smoking.

I was looking into famous people that smoked dope and I too say George Washingtons name.

Barack Obama

Bill Clinton

George W Bush

John F Kennedy

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bill Gates

Bob's Dylan, Denver and Marley

Carrie Fischer Princess Leah (sp?)

Dan Quayle

Howard Stern

Robert Mitchum

Samuel Beckett

Sigmun Freud

Walt Disney

Cheech & Chong

Richard Feynman

Milla Jovovich

and the list oges on. Over 50% of all Americans over the age of 13 have smoked pot.

First off, you actually said "Oh snap." Wow.

Secondly, I have nothing against smoking pot. However, I DO have something against letting it impact in ANY WAY your career, social life, health, etc. Any NFL player that smokes pot is a moron. Even the slightest chance of getting suspended is not a risk worth taking, IMO. I also think that risking criminal charges isn't worth it, but whatever.

George Washington didn't smoke pot, BTW. He grew hemp that was used for rope and other useful stuff. Back then, hemp was utilized for many things. A very useful plant, however DOW chemical had a huge campaign against hemp in order to promote the use of its products.

I was looking into famous people that smoked dope and I too say George Washingtons name.

Barack Obama

Bill Clinton

George W Bush

John F Kennedy

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bill Gates

Dan Quayle

Howard Stern

Robert Mitchum

Samuel Beckett

Sigmun Freud

Walt Disney

Cheech & Chong

Richard Feynman

Milla Jovovich

and the list oges on. Over 50% of all Americans over the age of 13 have smoked pot.

and for some jobs I just don't care. My surgeon, my pilot, my air traffic controller, these people can find other hobbies.

Like drinking half a bottle of scotch every night?

George Washington didn't smoke pot, BTW. He grew hemp that was used for rope and other useful stuff. Back then, hemp was utilized for many things.

George Might not have smoked the Ganj however Thomas Jefferson did so and he did so often.

People get drunk and then get in fights or worse. When people get stoned, they eat a ton of pizza and then fall asleep. I think we have a few players who would be way better off choosing weed over whiskey.

Oh, and for the guy who knows a vascular surgeon who smokes regualrly PM me his name so he's not my vascular surgeon if I need one. That's just universally stupid given how expensive a mistake can be for him. Whether it's the weed's fault or not if he screws up and kills somebody and a good malppractice attorney has him drug tested he's f'd. He'd be a very poor non-vascular surgeon very very quickly. I personally know of an anesthesiologist who got canned and lost his license for getting high off his own supply. Just dumb.

First off, no, there's not a chance in the universe I'd mention anyone's name on here (I'm pretty sure you knew that).

Secondly, I never said it was smart, I said I knew of one that does it regularly. I'm sure that person is aware of the consequences and has made his/her own choice, just like anyone else that smokes.

Lastly, and I've seen several people make this point, how do you know your current surgeon isn't strung out on pain killers or alcohol, or both? Just as dumb.

Based on the poll results there are a whole bunch of stoners on the Wall. I think they should not Smoke Weed! It could cost them too much, Game time and money. They will play video games too much. Look at Lynch, busted with weed, arguably our most dangerous asset to the offense.

Weed should only be smoked after retirement for these guys. Please, if you had millions on the line would you smoke up?

First off, you actually said "Oh snap." Wow.

Secondly, I have nothing against smoking pot. However, I DO have something against letting it impact in ANY WAY your career, social life, health, etc. Any NFL player that smokes pot is a moron. Even the slightest chance of getting suspended is not a risk worth taking, IMO. I also think that risking criminal charges isn't worth it, but whatever.

George Washington didn't smoke pot, BTW. He grew hemp that was used for rope and other useful stuff. Back then, hemp was utilized for many things. A very useful plant, however DOW chemical had a huge campaign against hemp in order to promote the use of its products.

We have NFL players shooting themselves in the foot with their own guns in NYC, players arrested for spousal abuse, child care neglect, murder, dog fighting etc .

These are far worse offenses that toking on a boobie.

Like drinking half a bottle of scotch every night?

No, I'd prefer they not do that either.

People also keep coming back to "how do you know your doctor nurse, etc don't already do x,y, z". You don't, but the point of the conversation is do you care if they do. Yes I care. If they do x, y, or z and I find out about it they will no longer be my doctor, nurse, etc.

If my pilot turns out to be the guy I saw stoned/drunk/whatever out of his mind the day before I'm sorry I'm not getting on the plane. If that makes me horribly close-minded so be it. Ditto if my kid's pediatrician does an interview in High Times. I'm going to be shopping for a pediatrician. In the case of the vascular surgeon, here's his problme. Lets say they are on their "leisure time" and decide, you know what I'm gonna get high after all I'm on my leisure time. 5 minutes later there's an explosion at a factory and hundreds of people are injured. The hospital he works at calls in all the doctors, and being one of the few vascular surgeons in the area he gets called to help put some people back together. At that point, because of what he chose to do in his leisure time he's either in the OR high or not in the OR at all. Either way people who would have benefitted from his expertise and training will not and will die because of it. Such is the life of a surgeon, particularly that kind of surgeon.

When you have a job where other people's lives depend upon your dexterity, coordination and judgment you have a responsibility not to engage in behavior which can impair those functions. Drug and alcohol abuse do that. I'll keep coming back to the other point that, for me, it shows poor judgment if you have a job where the consequences of getting caught are dire as in suspension, dismissal, potential loss of licensure which you have worked years to earn, inability to work in your chosen field, etc.

This relates to football in that the consequences of getting busted are pretty severe. You get one freebie, then it costs you 4 game checks which is hundreds of thousands of dollars, the third time it's a year minimum. Given the half life of the detectable substance in question it's just too difficult to know when you can and when you can't without being in danger of severe penalty. If someone in that situation does it anyway don't you have to call that judgment into question?

People also keep coming back to "how do you know your doctor nurse, etc don't already do x,y, z". You don't, but the point of the conversation is do you care if they do. Yes I care. If they do x, y, or z and I find out about it they will no longer be my doctor, nurse, etc.

If my pilot turns out to be the guy I saw stoned/drunk/whatever out of his mind the day before I'm sorry I'm not getting on the plane. If that makes me horribly close-minded so be it. Ditto if my kid's pediatrician does an interview in High Times. I'm going to be shopping for a pediatrician. In the case of the vascular surgeon, here's his problme. Lets say they are on their "leisure time" and decide, you know what I'm gonna get high after all I'm on my leisure time. 5 minutes later there's an explosion at a factory and hundreds of people are injured. The hospital he works at calls in all the doctors, and being one of the few vascular surgeons in the area he gets called to help put some people back together. At that point, because of what he chose to do in his leisure time he's either in the OR high or not in the OR at all. Either way people who would have benefitted from his expertise and training will not and will die because of it. Such is the life of a surgeon, particularly that kind of surgeon.

When you have a job where other people's lives depend upon your dexterity, coordination and judgment you have a responsibility not to engage in behavior which can impair those functions. Drug and alcohol abuse do that. I'll keep coming back to the other point that, for me, it shows poor judgment if you have a job where the consequences of getting caught are dire as in suspension, dismissal, potential loss of licensure which you have worked years to earn, inability to work in your chosen field, etc.

This relates to football in that the consequences of getting busted are pretty severe. You get one freebie, then it costs you 4 game checks which is hundreds of thousands of dollars, the third time it's a year minimum. Given the half life of the detectable substance in question it's just too difficult to know when you can and when you can't without being in danger of severe penalty. If someone in that situation does it anyway don't you have to call that judgment into question?

This seems to be a very strange viewpoint taking your avatar and signature into account. I find it funny that you think theres going to be an outward sign that your pilot or surgeon chooses to partake of the MJ or alcohol or say Rx drug abuse. What about morning coffee? that could make the hand shaky you know.

As far as being on call maybe we should outlaw fishing trips out of celular range for this same reason?

If my pilot turns out to be the guy I saw stoned/drunk/whatever out of his mind the day before I'm sorry I'm not getting on the plane. If that makes me horribly close-minded so be it.

It doesn't make you close-minded (well, it does, a little), but it makes you unrealistic, for sure.

You may discover your very excellent doctor smokes pot, on occasion. If you decide to dump him, for that reason, you may end up with a very clean-cut doctor who isn't as smart, and is on medication for depression. Everyone has issues, and situations, that MAY impact their work...theoretically. Nobody is perfect, and very very few live their life entirely devoted to their work...even in the professions you note. There is simply no way to know what is inside of someone, and IMO it's stupid to even attempt to try.

So, it comes down to, what you happen to find out, about someone? You make your decisions based on a single piece of data on a single issue? A top surgeon who has performed successful surgery on you, or someone in your family, is now to be avoided if you discover he smokes a little pot, in the evening?

I guess that's one way to go about it, but I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you would be so reckless in their decision-making.

Hold on there. People's opinions don't necessarily reflect their activities--how can you tell who is a pot smoker and who is not?.

I voted "no." I don't think marijuana is very harmful, and I certainly don't want the state and federal governments wasting one more penny on the issue. I want it legalized and taxed.

But: I DON'T smoke pot. I don't care for it at all.

So, am I a "deluded pot smoker?" A "pothead?"

What this guy is missing, not sure if he has been living in a cave or what, but attitudes regarding pot

are changing very quickly, and the stereotypes that get attached to it as well. People are generally

more accepting today of MJ, and that is before you even consider the unbelivable nmedical benefits.

Some people are just old school like that. The earth is flat type people.

What this guy is missing, not sure if he has been living in a cave or what, but attitudes regarding pot

are changing very quickly, and the stereotypes that get attached to it as well. People are generally

more accepting today of MJ, and that is before you even consider the unbelivable nmedical benefits.

Some people are just old school like that. The earth is flat type people.

Whoa--you didn't mean me, right? I'm the one who doesn't smoke (my personal choice) but who thinks it's ok if others do (their personal choice). You quoted my post, but not sure if that's what you meant to do.

Oh Snap. My feelings exactly to those who blindly insult those that smoke or have smoked dope.

If they actually researched people who have smoked dope, they'd be stunned.

Barack Obama

Bill Clinton

George W Bush

John F Kennedy

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bill Gates

Dan Quayle

Howard Stern

Robert Mitchum

Samuel Beckett

Sigmun Freud

Walt Disney

Cheech & Chong

Richard Feynman

Milla Jovovich

I dislike the entire list. Now i know why I can't stand 75% of the population....including George Washington apparently.