The Differences

Travis is a good running back, but:

Willis is a more selective, instinctive, intelligent runner;

Willis protects the ball much better than Travis;

Willis can get outside while Travis can only dream about it; and

Travis thinks a block is something very young kids play with.

Hopefully, we will be able to get a high two, or if someone is really desperate a one for Travis. But I don't really see a one happening because Travis is now a back-up, in a sense decreasing his value; he's a fumbler; and in a few short years, he's put quite a bit of wear and tear on himself.

I dont know how many of you watch Notre Dame but I think the difference is exactly like those between Ryan Grant & Darius Walker.

Grant /Henry: picks a spot and hits it. He runs as hard as he can and if there is a hole there, great....if not :D . When he gets a full head of steam he can run people over but he also runs himself down.

Walker/McGahee: much better vision. patient and selective but CONSTANTLY moving. There is no stopping an looking for another whole. They both run the designed play but if something looks better, they take it. This vision allow for the big gains because they arent just banging their head into a wall and hoping it will fall down. They are being creative and exploiting weaknesses they see.

I will add though that they are both great backs. I wish TH luck whatever happens to him.

Travis is an average RB.  The #1 problem he has is he is a robot. NO vision what so ever.  If the play says go left between the tackle and guard he goes there regardless.

106458[/snapback]

Average and robot are a bit harsh. Average running backs don't produce the way he has. He's above average. He doesn't, however, have near the instincts that Willis has, which allows WM to bounce outside and turn nothing into something.

The big difference between the two running backs is one of them not only has better instincts, but he's also 6-1, 233 pounds and can move.

Willis can carry the ball 37 times in one game.

I'm not sure Travis is a workhorse like that.

106473[/snapback]

One year ago, at home, against the Jets, Travis did exactly to the Jets what Willis did today. He had 30+ carries but not quite 37. But he had more yards and a better yards-per-carry average. Travis is capable of that kind of performance.

One year ago, at home, against the Jets, Travis did exactly to the Jets what Willis did today. He had 30+ carries but not quite 37. But he had more yards and a better yards-per-carry average. Travis is capable of that kind of performance.

106478[/snapback]

Travis has shown he breaks down and he fumbles.

Average and robot are a bit harsh.

106471[/snapback]

Those words are right on the money. Travis had success when we were a passing team, when defenses were looking for the pass. If you hand even a below-average running back the ball enough times, he'll get over 1000 yards for the season. Jimmy Johnson proved that in Miami. Travis isn't a no-name back like those guys were. But if you look at the running backs in the league over the last few years, there are usually 12 - 15 guys who are better than Travis. That makes Travis about average for a starting RB.

106478[/snapback]

The Jets are a much better team than they were a year ago. Look at Travis's performance against them in our first game against them this year, and compare it to what Willis did today.

Further, *YAWN*..... proof that for some strange reason, when you're a Bills fan at TBD and there are two players competing or at the same position, you are required by law to go out of your way to paint strikingly warped and exaggerated pictures of the guy who's not "your guy". Willis = more complete back? .... For Sure!

Travis not = a good back?.... absurd.

you are required by law to go out of your way to paint strikingly warped and exaggerated pictures of the guy who's not "your guy

So, when do we head to the booth to vote for the Bills' starter?-)

Travis is no Warrior.

A Warrior does not pout on the sidelines.  A WARRIOR would take every oppurtiunty availble to him to prove himeself and be ready to go in at all times and fight for what he  belives he deserves. 

Mcgahee is a Warrior

Henry is a Quitter

106916[/snapback]

When I watched Travis on the bench today he was giving Willis props all over when WM came off the field.

Travis is no Warrior.

A Warrior does not pout on the sidelines.  A WARRIOR would take every oppurtiunty availble to him to prove himeself and be ready to go in at all times and fight for what he  belives he deserves. 

Mcgahee is a Warrior

Henry is a Quitter

106916[/snapback]

Could there possibly be more proof of a Bills fan who has not actually watched a game this year?