Adam Lambert finally admits that he is gay

ACor58

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really count as "stealing a joke" if the manner in which you deliver the joke makes it no longer funny? In Carlos' case, it's more like stealing a succession of words.

We talking about Dane Cook or Mencia? I'm guessing both.

As for this Adam dude, I was subjected to listening to two of his songs, while in a car with friends. The first was an absolutely horrible version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. The second was Whole Lotta Love, bad but better than Ring of Fire. I noted after listening, "This dude is gay, right?". The woman ( a BIG fan) was livid.

Then, a few days later, I passed through the living room while my mother and sister watched Idol. Santana was playing, so I paused. Then he played Smooth, and the Idols took their turn singing. Adam's take was so incredibly gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) I once again noted, "That dude is gay, right?" My sister said, "Oh, no doubt."

Now, I wonder what my friend (a serious Seventh Day Adventist who is very anti-gay) is going to say about this? She has the dude as her screensaver and has all his performances on CD.

Guest dog14787
We talking about Dane Cook or Mencia? I'm guessing both.

As for this Adam dude, I was subjected to listening to two of his songs, while in a car with friends. The first was an absolutely horrible version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. The second was Whole Lotta Love, bad but better than Ring of Fire. I noted after listening, "This dude is gay, right?". The woman ( a BIG fan) was livid.

Then, a few days later, I passed through the living room while my mother and sister watched Idol. Santana was playing, so I paused. Then he played Smooth, and the Idols took their turn singing. Adam's take was so incredibly gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) I once again noted, "That dude is gay, right?" My sister said, "Oh, no doubt."

Now, I wonder what my friend (a serious Seventh Day Adventist who is very anti-gay) is going to say about this? She has the dude as her screensaver and has all his performances on CD.

As soon as pictures started surfacing of Adam Lambert being Gay before the grand finale I figured he was probably going to lose a good portion of his fan base.

In a way I thought Ring of Fire was really creative in parts, but Lambert probably didn't have the time to get all the bugs out and it ended up sounding kind of creepy and way over the top. My late dad liked Johnny Cash allot (and so do I) anyhow, my Mom and I ended up getting a good laugh out of the song anyway. :censored:

I "joined" the thread because the title was about that sh-- rag Rolling Stone outting someone. Like I said, I think it's sad that is even a topic of discussion.

I only joined this thread to answer the age-old question "Who the !@#$ is Adam Lambert?"

Guest dog14787
I only joined this thread to answer the age-old question "Who the !@#$ is Adam Lambert?"

Elvis Presley reincarnated almost in my opinion, but he/she got mixed up somehow and the result is the Gay Adam Lambert.

So its like taking Elvis and raising his voice up an octave or two with the same good looks, good moves, unique abilities and creativity to adapt his singing techniques to the song at hand. (any song)

In my opinion Adam Lambert is an extremely talented individual, I only wish he would have been straight because I honestly think he's the closest thing you could ever get to Elvis Presely without Elvis himself actually being in the house. :D

Elvis Presley reincarnated almost in my opinion, but he/she got mixed up somehow and the result is the Gay Adam Lambert.

So its like taking Elvis and raising his voice up an octave or two with the same good looks, good moves, unique abilities and creativity to adapt his singing techniques to the song at hand. (any song)

In my opinion Adam Lambert is an extremely talented individual, I only wish he would have been straight because I honestly think he's the closest thing you could ever get to Elvis Presely without Elvis himself actually being in the house. :D

Did Elvis ruin most every song he sang?

Just asking.

Guest dog14787
Did Elvis ruin most every song he sang?

Just asking.

:D

100's of thousands of folks disagree with you Dean including some of the most talented folks in the music industry,

just saying

Guest dog14787
The guy does have a very good vocal range and can hit high notes with authority.

But seriously, did anyone really not know he was gay?

He did a good job of keeping it hidden, but some photo's surfaced right before the Grand Finale and it may have cost him the win in my opinion.

He did a good job of keeping it hidden,

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

I heard him sing two songs, and saw him for about 10 seconds, and I was pretty sure he was gay. Yes, he hid it very well. Maybe he thought the mascara would cover it.

Guest dog14787
:rolleyes::thumbsup:

I heard him sing two songs, and saw him for about 10 seconds, and I was pretty sure he was gay. Yes, he hid it very well. Maybe he thought the mascara would cover it.

Odd, we have been discussing American Idol off the board for awhile now and I never remember you posting an observation of him being gay until recently, and even more odd, thousands and thousands of fans, tabloids, talk shows, you name it, and none of them knew the real scoup until recently. :blink: :blink:

Odd, we have been discussing American Idol off the board for awhile now and I never remember you posting an observation of him being gay until recently, and even more odd, thousands and thousands of fans, tabloids, talk shows, you name it, and none of them knew the real scoup until recently. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

I don't watch Idol, and really don't give a s#it about it. I shared my story of how I found out about this guy, and immediately thought he was gay. My sister assumed it, too. I come to find out, a whole bunch of people suspected he was gay. But I'm supposed to believe he hid it very well.

Whatever. I've already spent more time in this thread discussing Adam, and Idol, than I thought I would spend in my entire lifetime.

So you believe whatever you want, I am done.

In my opinion Adam Lambert is an extremely talented individual, I only wish he would have been straight because I honestly think he's the closest thing you could ever get to Elvis Presely without Elvis himself actually being in the house. :rolleyes:

I don't watch much American Idol, so I might not have the right to an opinion on this...but if this Lambert fellow is Elvis Presley reincarnated, then why does he need American Idol? Elvis Presley reincarnated couldn't get discovered on his own?

Guest dog14787
I don't watch Idol, and really don't give a s#it about it. I shared my story of how I found out about this guy, and immediately thought he was gay. My sister assumed it, too. I come to find out, a whole bunch of people suspected he was gay. But I'm supposed to believe he hid it very well.

Whatever. I've already spent more time in this thread discussing Adam, and Idol, than I thought I would spend in my entire lifetime.

So you believe whatever you want, I am done.

Why post dumb ass remarks about his talent or ability to ruin songs when you don't really know Sh$%t about him to begin with then, especially when half the nation apparently disagrees with you,

because it kinda makes you look, lets see, how would you put it, DUMB :rolleyes:

Odd, we have been discussing American Idol off the board for awhile now and I never remember you posting an observation of him being gay until recently, and even more odd, thousands and thousands of fans, tabloids, talk shows, you name it, and none of them knew the real scoup until recently. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

That's not true. Before the finale, TV Guide had a story & said that Lambert was attempting to become the 1st openly gay winner of American Idol. There were also stories during the season after photos of Lambert kissing a man became public where Lambert said he's not worried about any scandals because his life is an open book. He never tried to hide it, he just went along with American Idol's don't ask don't tell policy. During the 1st season of American Idol there was an openly gay contestant, Jim Varraros, who in an interview after season 1 was over said that the folks at American Idol didn't want him to talk about any gay stuff while he was on the show.

Guest dog14787
That's not true. Before the finale, TV Guide had a story & said that Lambert was attempting to become the 1st openly gay winner of American Idol. There were also stories during the season after photos of Lambert kissing a man became public where Lambert said he's not worried about any scandals because his life is an open book. He never tried to hide it, he just went along with American Idol's don't ask don't tell policy. During the 1st season of American Idol there was an openly gay contestant, Jim Varraros, who in an interview after season 1 was over said that the folks at American Idol didn't want him to talk about any gay stuff while he was on the show.

If you go up a few posts you will see where I posted he kept a lid on it until right before the finale.

The photos also surfaced right before the finale as far as I know, within two weeks of it if I remember correctly.

If you go up a few posts you will see where I posted he kept a lid on it until right before the finale.

Please define "right before the finale" A day, a week, etc. The TV Guide story was at least a week or 2 before the finale. The fact that he called his life an open book many weeks before the finale is hardly keeping a lid on it. All he did was not get blatant about it because Idol honchos don't like any controversy.