Question: What's with all the negative threads started by

Seriously. I have been away for a bit. I come back and read through the first 2 pages of threads to see what I missed and I can't help noticing a pattern. In fact I haven't seen 1 new thread started by a new poster that isn't negative to the point of ridiculousness. This has been going on for the last few weeks....

Examples:

1. TO's house having something to do with anything? Hint: I think he's used to controversy and people wanting to avoid the standard controversy both he and ESPN et al creates for him. How does this = "see I told you so about TO"?

2. The Bills suck because (insert some logically vacant and/or factually vacant argument here) Hint: Since when do real TBDers make massive factual errors?-->not knowing our players? Consistent errors...in all these threads? I can hear the jokes coming, but seriously, even the average rookie poster here at least gets the players right...almost all of the time.

3. Wood and Levitre haven't made the pro bowl yet? Hint: Every real NFL fan knows that you don't start evaluating rookies in OTAs. You wait until they've played in some preseason games, and even wait to see them in 4-5 regular season games before you START to make any kind of real evaluation. Why is the OTA standard being applied to the Bills here? You don't see us running around saying "Sanchez sucks", etc. Why aren't these rookies also posting threads saying "we have nothing to worry about because Sanchez hasn't beat out Clemens yet"? :rolleyes:

Also, we know our typical handles here, and none of these folks are even close. Ask yourself, would you ever settle on: BB Fan 4 LIFE? Doubtful. Even "Bildo" had a supposed rational explanation for that handle. (which I still think is hysterical, even though I haven't hung out with any janitors or volunteer fireman lately). With most of the handles here, thought was involved. Most of these new handles seem a little too obvious to me.

Just saying, one possible explanation for this is that we have a lot of "new fans" here that aren't real fans, just merely bored Pats*, etc. fans who are expressing their fear of the potential of our new team by registering and attempting, poorly, to haze us. IIRC this happened around the same time last year as well....

People who doom & gloom feel the need to be heard. They could care less if they have a point or not just as long as you "hear them out". I feel sorry for people who go through life with the need to be heard and right all the time and we seem to have our share of "Chicken Littles" around here. Then again it's been like that since I started coming here 10 or so years ago. I'm not so sure if they're "Trolls" but I think it's more the case of getting a hold of Daddy's CPU.

Negative posts get bigger reactions. Besides a lot of the noobs are kids and have no history with the Bills beyond the fact they never make the playoffs. To them the 90's Jim Kelly era is a myth.

PTR

I Snoped the '90 Bills just to be sure. You're right, it did actually happen.

A lot of these young so called Bills fans where'nt even born in the mid 1980's to remember the back to back 2 and 14 seasons so they don't have a clue of how bad the Bills can be even in the 70's I cam rember how awful the Bills were at times.The team that the Bills have put on the field in the past 10 years have not been all that great but not as bad as they have been in the past.Evan though we have had 3 straight years of 7 and 9 football, this team is not as bad (and it's not close)as the early 70's or the 84 and 85 seasons. I can understand fans frustaion because it upsets me to when the Bills lose but then I think back about them years and say boy we have had a lot worse than we have now.I think the Bills will get better you just got to see what happens in training camp.

People who doom & gloom feel the need to be heard. They could care less if they have a point or not just as long as you "hear them out". I feel sorry for people who go through life with the need to be heard and right all the time and we seem to have our share of "Chicken Littles" around here. Then again it's been like that since I started coming here 10 or so years ago. I'm not so sure if they're "Trolls" but I think it's more the case of getting a hold of Daddy's CPU.

10 years ago...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999/

Turns out the "Chicken Littles" have been right the last ten years. :rolleyes:

I stopped being optimistic since October of the 2007 season when it became crystal clear to me that Jauron 2.0 was every bit as bad as Jauron 1.0.

Seriously. I have been away for a bit. I come back and read through the first 2 pages of threads to see what I missed and I can't help noticing a pattern. In fact I haven't seen 1 new thread started by a new poster that isn't negative to the point of ridiculousness. This has been going on for the last few weeks....

I always though noobs should be restricted from starting threads for a couple weeks. Would cut down on trolling.

ive seen a couple of other boards (music and computer related) that have that rule. it seems to work out pretty well. its usually based on a minimum post count i believe.

Music and computer related huh?

Also, we know our typical handles here, and none of these folks are even close. Ask yourself, would you ever settle on: BB Fan 4 LIFE? Doubtful. Even "Bildo" had a supposed rational explanation for that handle. (which I still think is hysterical, even though I haven't hung out with any janitors or volunteer fireman lately). With most of the handles here, thought was involved. Most of these new handles seem a little too obvious to me.

damn, i've spent 46 years and counting with this handle ... guilty as charged :lol:

jw

Examples:

1. TO's house having something to do with anything? Hint: I think he's used to controversy and people wanting to avoid the standard controversy both he and ESPN et al creates for him. How does this = "see I told you so about TO"?

2. The Bills suck because (insert some logically vacant and/or factually vacant argument here) Hint: Since when do real TBDers make massive factual errors?-->not knowing our players? Consistent errors...in all these threads? I can hear the jokes coming, but seriously, even the average rookie poster here at least gets the players right...almost all of the time.

3. Wood and Levitre haven't made the pro bowl yet? Hint: Every real NFL fan knows that you don't start evaluating rookies in OTAs. You wait until they've played in some preseason games, and even wait to see them in 4-5 regular season games before you START to make any kind of real evaluation. Why is the OTA standard being applied to the Bills here? You don't see us running around saying "Sanchez sucks", etc. Why aren't these rookies also posting threads saying "we have nothing to worry about because Sanchez hasn't beat out Clemens yet"? :lol:

Just saying, one possible explanation for this is that we have a lot of "new fans" here that aren't real fans, just merely bored Pats*, etc. fans who are expressing their fear of the potential of our new team by registering and attempting, poorly, to haze us. IIRC this happened around the same time last year as well....

I put no thought into my current handle - couldn't bare it after my first one went down in the crash.

Hey, we're not all bad fans/trolls. As for me, I've been on bb.com message board for years and figured that's where most of the big fans were...until I found out it was generally wrong. I'm not much of a constant poster but I will chime in when needed such as the wood/levitre comment where I along with every single poster with an adequate IQ ripped BB fan 4 life a new one. If it wasn't my "1st post ever" I would have put boom... roasted at the end but I know enough to not post like that until respect is gained. :lol:

Seriously. I have been away for a bit. I come back and read through the first 2 pa

I do not see much of a difference between many of the newtards and some of long time sour posters who keep repeating the same idiotic line (i.e. Jauron drafts a CB in the first round every year).