Meet Eric Wood in NYC

McFadden's, host bar of the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers (www.nycbbb.com) will be hosting first round draft choice Eric Wood at the bar for a "meet n greet" on Saturday, June 13th from 5-7pm.

Any of you in the NYC area are welcome to attend, there will be beer/wing specials.

McFadden's, host bar of the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers (www.nycbbb.com) will be hosting first round draft choice Eric Wood at the bar for a "meet n greet" on Saturday, June 13th from 5-7pm.

Any of you in the NYC area are welcome to attend, there will be beer/wing specials.

Hey Bill, have you ever gone to Bonnie's in Park Slope to watch a Bills game? How was it?

If you want a taste of McFadden's in NYC with Buffalo Bills fans in it go to YouTube. There's wild video available there.

I SWEAR someone I went to Liverpool HS with is in one of them.

What happens when you walk out of the bar, though? I mean, how do NYers react seeing all those Bills fans wearing Buffalo Bills jerseys, tee-shirts, etc?

thats actually pretty funny, but true - since both the NY Giants and Jets both play in New Jersey

Yes, now if we can only get Schumer and "legally blonde" girl to repeat that 5 times each night before they go to bed.....

Hey Bill, have you ever gone to Bonnie's in Park Slope to watch a Bills game? How was it?

I went to Bonnie's this past season because I didnt appreciate the fact McFadden's and Calico Jacks now require you to pay a mandatory $15 (for unlimited soda/wings) or $20 (beer/wings) upon entrance in order to watch the game. Bonnie's is GREAT as far as the burgers go, but they dont have the big screen tvs that you like to experience while watching the games. With that being said, I'll probably go back there regularly until the B'wing cover charge is lifted at McFadden's/Calico Jacks. It's just too crowded at McFadden's anyway and everybody 'eats' over everybody else...

Not for a game no, but have been there for wings and beef on weck though. I know people who catch games there and enjoy it.

I went to Bonnie's this past season because I didnt appreciate the fact McFadden's and Calico Jacks now require you to pay a mandatory $15 (for unlimited soda/wings) or $20 (beer/wings) upon entrance in order to watch the game. Bonnie's is GREAT as far as the burgers go, but they dont have the big screen tvs that you like to experience while watching the games. With that being said, I'll probably go back there regularly until the B'wing cover charge is lifted at McFadden's/Calico Jacks. It's just too crowded at McFadden's anyway and everybody 'eats' over everybody else...

I didn't make it to many games there this year, but didn't realize the bracelet was mandatory. I'll look into it. I have no problem with them doing it at McFadden's as that place gets so packed, but they shouldn't be doing it at Calico's.

If you don't like the crowds you should check out Kelly's Pub in the village, one of the owners is from Buffalo and they have a solid Bills (and Sabres) crowd. The address is here:

http://nycbbb.com/features/satellites.shtml

Not for a game no, but have been there for wings and beef on weck though. I know people who catch games there and enjoy it.

Cool, my best friend owns the joint... I feel bad, I have never been there to watch a game (I live in Texas now), but am hoping to make it there for a game this season. Honestly, I can't even imagine how insane it must be at McFaddens. When I lived in NYC, we used to go to a place by 72nd and Columbus to watch the games, but I can't, for the life of me, remember the name...it was always a blast. Of course, I used to drink a lot more back then....

I didn't make it to many games there this year, but didn't realize the bracelet was mandatory. I'll look into it. I have no problem with them doing it at McFadden's as that place gets so packed, but they shouldn't be doing it at Calico's.

If you don't like the crowds you should check out Kelly's Pub in the village, one of the owners is from Buffalo and they have a solid Bills (and Sabres) crowd. The address is here:

http://nycbbb.com/features/satellites.shtml

Yeah, I can understand them making it mandatory in McFadden's cuz the bouncer told me that too many people who hadn't paid for wings, would just steal the food and it was too tough for them to keep track of who paid vs who hadn't. So I said "fair enough" and tried to walk over in Calico's but was met with the same resistance - "You have to buy a bracelet". Do you have some kind of pull to make suggestions at Calico's at least? While I was standing outside for 3.5 hours (cuz I couldnt bring myself to relocate during the game and didnt have the $ to get inside), SOOO many Bills fans were being turned away b/c they too hadn't brought the required $. I didn't return to 42nd/2nd Ave after that day...

Yeah, I can understand them making it mandatory in McFadden's cuz the bouncer told me that too many people who hadn't paid for wings, would just steal the food and it was too tough for them to keep track of who paid vs who hadn't. So I said "fair enough" and tried to walk over in Calico's but was met with the same resistance - "You have to buy a bracelet". Do you have some kind of pull to make suggestions at Calico's at least? While I was standing outside for 3.5 hours (cuz I couldnt bring myself to relocate during the game and didnt have the $ to get inside), SOOO many Bills fans were being turned away b/c they too hadn't brought the required $. I didn't return to 42nd/2nd Ave after that day...

Hmm, they don't want you in there for 3 hours plus, spending less than $15 bucks, in NYC, on a crowded crowded day.

Rat Bastards.

Cool, my best friend owns the joint... I feel bad, I have never been there to watch a game (I live in Texas now), but am hoping to make it there for a game this season. Honestly, I can't even imagine how insane it must be at McFaddens. When I lived in NYC, we used to go to a place by 72nd and Columbus to watch the games, but I can't, for the life of me, remember the name...it was always a blast. Of course, I used to drink a lot more back then....

I think you may be thinking of Boomer's. It was on 75th and Amsterdam. I used to watch the games there myself in the mid-90s when I lived in that 'hood. I recall once even watching the game with Phil McConkey, who I didn't recognize until some time in the third quarter when he said after a particularly vicious hit, "they didn't hit like that in my days in the League, wow!". As some of you may recall, he's actually from Buffalo and is apparently quite a Bills fan (to the point of telling me he'd root for the Bills over the Giants in the SB).

Anybody going tonight? I am stuck working and can't make it.

My wife and I are going to try to go--we need to head into the city to catch some friends for dinner in the theater district at 7:30, so I figured may as well kill two birds with one stone.....