Bills vs Jets Game Thread

Exactly.  The coaches weren't ready for the situation.  On top of that our veteran quarterback should've recognized the situation/seen the play clock and got the play off and spiked the ball instead of burning the last timeout.  Not pretty.

105850[/snapback]

It was dumb, but we are still in this game because of the FG. Not like we got nothing out of it. Bills O-Line is playing some good pass-protection.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are down, with no timeouts left and are in position to at least tie the game, you have to play for the tie first, the lead second.

That means planning for the worst (a sack or an INT) and hoping for the best. They called a pass play on first down, then a run. They were in their goal line set for the run which means they didn't have the personel on the field to spread it out and pass it on 3rd down...their pass options would have been limited. Thus, the safe play was to spike it and take the tie.

The only thing to complain about on that drive was the TO Drew used. Apparently the refs didn't reset the playclock (at least according to AVP on the radio). Regardless that TO cost the Bills the ability to run a 3rd down play. It was the right call given the situation.

105852[/snapback]

I realize they didn't have a great pass package in the game to run a play...but you run one nonetheless. The way our offense moves the ball, we can't afford to just give up a down at the 1 yard line and accept a FG. A little foresight would have helped MM here. He shouldn't have had that package in the game on 2nd and goal w/ no TOs left. He should have had a package in the game that could run both a 2nd and 3rd down play. This isn't rocket science.

HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS:

On "O"..We must get the passing game going. The only receiver with a catch today is Moulds. Evans where are you? Jets have a good D, but come on!

On "D".. STOP giving up the long ball!! Clements/Mcgee need to quit giving them the yardage.

Anyone else have a bad feeling about this game?

105855[/snapback]

No. The Bills are playing tough, good football right now against a good team. If the Bills lose, oh well we are 2-6. So don't get too caught up in a feeling of dread, the dark clouds decended upon Buffalo a couple weeks ago. Just focus on how well we are playing right now and enjoy it.

Drew wasted the last TO genius- you can wake up.  Oh I forgot- its never Drews fault  :lol:

105861[/snapback]

Please read the post above where AVP says that the refs never reset the game clock. Now you know why he had to call the TO.

CW

Anyone else have a bad feeling about this game?

105855[/snapback]

Not yet. We're tied at the half with a team that's lost 1 game all season. I'll take it. Hey man, I'm surprised we didn't turn the ball over/miss the field goal/let time run out without a field goal attempt there with all the chaos going on. At least we came out with 3 and tied the game. So i'm still hopeful. Not giving up on this one yet.

Any reason why Ellis was allowed to hit Drew AFTER THE BALL WAS OUT with his HELMET and not get a flag?!

CW

105884[/snapback]

Yes, because it's Drew and not Pennington/Vick/McNabb/McNair or any other marquee QB that the Refs are told to protect at all cost