Rogers group to buy Rams?

A friend of mine who works at Rogers communications told me that the Rogers group is going to "actively pursue" purchasing the St. Louis Rams with the intentions of moving them to Toronto. Not sure if this is true, or even possible....but it's worth thinking about given our marriage to the Toronto area.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine who works at Rogers communications told me that the Rogers group is going to "actively pursue" purchasing the St. Louis Rams with the intentions of moving them to Toronto. Not sure if this is true, or even possible....but it's worth thinking about given our marriage to the Toronto area.

While I realize what rumors are worth on here, I would love this. Buffalo - Toronto would be a fantastic football rivalry. And if somehow you could get them with us in the same division, that would be one game that would be an automatic sellout every year no matter where the game fell.

While I realize what rumors are worth on here, I would love this. Buffalo - Toronto would be a fantastic football rivalry. And if somehow you could get them with us in the same division, that would be one game that would be an automatic sellout every year no matter where the game fell.

I agree that the atmosphere of the games would be truly breath-taking, but I would not be supportive of this happening. First off, the Bills rely on the Southern Ontario market to keep us afloat. Granted, loyal Bills supporters will always be just that, but by having another NFL team in Toronto definitely weakens our Canadian fan base and will ultimately hurt us, I feel. Plus, we have I believe 5 or 6 more years of playing in Toronto and there would be a huge dilemma with the Rogers Group and Ralph if this were to happen.

It's like having Rochester having an NFL team... distance wise

I mean it could happen and it would be awesome... but i dont see it happening

Like SF-Oak.....Balt-Wash.....

I think it would be great.

I agree that the atmosphere of the games would be truly breath-taking, but I would not be supportive of this happening. First off, the Bills rely on the Southern Ontario market to keep us afloat. Granted, loyal Bills supporters will always be just that, but by having another NFL team in Toronto definitely weakens our Canadian fan base and will ultimately hurt us, I feel. Plus, we have I believe 5 or 6 more years of playing in Toronto and there would be a huge dilemma with the Rogers Group and Ralph if this were to happen.

I think the number of Canadians at our games are a little bit exagerrated. And, we'll still get some Canadians. A football team in Toronto will be nice for that city, but it will still alienate some fans there as well. They will price out scores of fans and they'll still most likely come to Buffalo for games. Plus, as I said, there is one game that would be a definate sellout no matter where the game is located on the schedule (if we could be in the same division with them).

I would love this. Buffalo needs to friggin win once in a while. A team that draws this good, but loses so frequently is a rarity. Buffalo would be fun if we just win a few games....then the Bills could even charge more to get into RWS (including suites).

we need to play one game/yr in Guelph

I think the number of Canadians at our games are a little bit exagerrated. And, we'll still get some Canadians. A football team in Toronto will be nice for that city, but it will still alienate some fans there as well. They will price out scores of fans and they'll still most likely come to Buffalo for games. Plus, as I said, there is one game that would be a definate sellout no matter where the game is located on the schedule (if we could be in the same division with them).

I would love this. Buffalo needs to friggin win once in a while. A team that draws this good, but loses so frequently is a rarity. Buffalo would be fun if we just win a few games....then the Bills could even charge more to get into RWS (including suites).

I think people from NF and ST Catherines ONT identify more with Buffalo than Toronto

This is no difference than Cleveland and Buffalo and about the same distance. It may work, I don't think the NFL belongs outside the USA, the north has their product and we have ours. Keep the NFL in America only, their is plenty of money. players hate getting paid in Canadian coin or pesos for that matter.

It will be hard to maintain a rivalry when the Bills play in Los Angeles. That would be the net result of Toronto getting it's own team FYI.

PTR

This is no difference than Cleveland and Buffalo and about the same distance. It may work, I don't think the NFL belongs outside the USA, the north has their product and we have ours. Keep the NFL in America only, their is plenty of money. players hate getting paid in Canadian coin or pesos for that matter.

Toronto's the same distance from Buffalo as Cleveland is? You're not from around here, I take it?