George Tiller Assassinated

But I thought DHS wasn't supposed to be concerned with right-wing extremists?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/us/01til...ref=global-home

Dr. Tiller, who had long been a lightning rod for controversy over the issue of abortion and had survived a shooting more than a decade ago, was shot inside his church here on Sunday morning, the authorities said. Dr. Tiller, 67, was shot with a handgun inside the lobby of his longtime church, Reformation Lutheran Church on the city’s East Side, just after 10 a.m. (Central Time). The service had started minutes earlier.

http://www.earnedmedia.org/sftj0531.htm

Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue, led protests against George Tiller's late-term abortion clinic in Wichita in 1991.

Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue states, "George Tiller was a mass-murderer. We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God. I am more concerned that the Obama Administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder. And we still must call abortion by its proper name; murder.

"Those men and women who slaughter the unborn are murderers according to the Law of God. We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches."

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are such a moron. I'm sure you think abortionists are saints as they are the real murderers. You extrapolate, in a classical jackass manner, that the 1-2 shooting a year is a real threat to the nation. I wonder if you believe we should do that to every group. How about the Black Panthers, La Raza, and other groups who commit thugish crime all year long at a much higher rate.

Do I mean that DHS should? Nope, but to segregate isolated incidents into group politics is ridiculous, political, and extremely dangerous. Black or white people do vicious things for various reasons all through the country. If we made a divide on race people like you would be livid. I dare venture to say the Black Panthers are a bigger threat than anyone listed on the "right-wing" DHS group.

When you advocate Black Panthers on that list I'll take you seriously. Otherwise it's a cheap political point by an idiot.

Nice post, Liberal Wacka.

That's right folks. Because a guy got murdered everyone who may not agree with the government needs to be put under surveillance by Big Brother. Forget the Constitution and all that - we're at war!

Shouldn't you be more concerned that the Doctor was killed by <gasp> a handgun? I mean, if those were illegal surely the Doctor would still be alive. Shoot, if handguns were illegal AND DHS had the ability to track the movements of all right wing "extremists" (definition to be concocted by someone on staff of what is left at Air America) then the world would be a nearly perfect place.

How about we take a look at the reason terrorism hit our shores and perhaps take steps to mitigate in that direction, instead of continuing to blame the citizenship? Nah, that's too hard. More government and less freedom is good!

We have Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors dying every day, real heroes and you come here and eulogize this murderer? You've got screwed priorities. How's about honoring those you deserve to be honored not this scumbag?

Nice post, Liberal Wacka.

That's right folks. Because a guy got murdered everyone who may not agree with the government needs to be put under surveillance by Big Brother. Forget the Constitution and all that - we're at war!

Shouldn't you be more concerned that the Doctor was killed by <gasp> a handgun? I mean, if those were illegal surely the Doctor would still be alive. Shoot, if handguns were illegal AND DHS had the ability to track the movements of all right wing "extremists" (definition to be concocted by someone on staff of what is left at Air America) then the world would be a nearly perfect place.

How about we take a look at the reason terrorism hit our shores and perhaps take steps to mitigate in that direction, instead of continuing to blame the citizenship? Nah, that's too hard. More government and less freedom is good!

Thanks for not disappointing me. I knew that you for you in particular it would be impossible to articulate a well thought out introspective response that explains your creepy devotion to the kooky cult of conservatism and you'd resort to some boilerplate response you probably copied from that John Birch pamphlet you got at a Teabag rally. I love it. Do you do requests? If you can respond to this post with a global warming reference crowbarred into it I'd be greatly appreciative.

Two things that will surely and inevitably come out of this are:

Tiller will be hailed by the pro-abortionists as a hero and a martyr for the cause.

Pro-abortion groups will move quickly to associate every pro-life person and every Conservative and every Christian with the nut job who committed this act.

It's already starting.

Two things that will surely and inevitably come out of this are:

Tiller will be hailed by the pro-abortionists as a hero and a martyr for the cause.

Pro-abortion groups will move quickly to associate every pro-life person and every Conservative and every Christian with the nut job who committed this act.

It's already starting.

I don't know any pro-abortionists, do you?

I don't know any pro-abortionists, do you?

They exist. Abortion is a cash only business. Payment when services are rendered and make no mistake about it, it is an incredibly profitable career choice. No one who performs abortions for a living does so out of a selfless desire to serve the needs of women; it's all about the money, honey. Always, follow the money.

Thanks for not disappointing me. I knew that you for you in particular it would be impossible to articulate a well thought out introspective response that explains your creepy devotion to the kooky cult of conservatism and you'd resort to some boilerplate response you probably copied from that John Birch pamphlet you got at a Teabag rally. I love it. Do you do requests? If you can respond to this post with a global warming reference crowbarred into it I'd be greatly appreciative.

Blah, blah, blah.

The great part about you liberals is your complete inability to look at anyone who disagrees with you as anything but a "conservative". Your responses are as trite and tired as your political ideology.

Modern day "Conservatives" brought you the DHS that you think will one day save you from some boogieman that exists BECAUSE of your political philosophy. I'd assure you that isn't me but I don't care one iota of what you or anyone else thinks.

But thanks for the ironic response - you know it was so articulate and well thought out without the ridiculous buzzword politics that you're supposedly above. You're just so damn much smarter than the rest of us.

And for every nut-job from the right, there's another one from the left (those Earth First loons, for example).

Every time you characterize them as "right-wing wackos", or someone else as "left-wing wackos", you pretty much miss the point: no matter which side of the aisle they're on, they're wackos.

Just curious if anyone knows how many babies he brought into the world during his career as an OB-GYN. How many PAP smears has he performed and how many of those helped detect and save woman from cancer? How many patients of his were successfully treated for ovarian cysts? How many of his patients did he help provide care to that resulted in their being able to become pregnant?

You fricken hypocrites oughta be HALF as concerned with a fetus AFTER it leaves the womb as you are when it's still inside the mother.

Lol. Don't be delusional please. I know you want to see this happen, but it won't. Most normal people are condemning this murder, pro-life or not. There are a few crazies who say "tiller deserved it" but they are vast minority.

The fake spin to look for is about equal to the "reverse-racism" sh-- that gets put out. "liberals are capitalizing on this murder to repress us!! unfair! America is unfair!!"

How many do you have to adopt before you can have an opinion?

Ah yes. Opinion vs. conviction. I should have appreciated the difference. You don't have to do a damn thing to have an opinion. They are a dime a dozen and easy to come by. But I've seen numerous opinions around here morph into morality lessons for those of us less enlightened by the 'opinions' of those that would have you believe they are indeed their very convictions. Which do you offer? Opinion? Is it your 'opinion' that abortion is killing babies? Fine.

I'm sure you are. How many unwanted babies have you adopted? Thought so.

that's a great argument - seriously, great argument. :lol:

out of curiosity - how many unwanted babies go unadopted in the US each year? (serious question). I can't imagine the number is terribly high, but could be wrong.

EDIT - Did some research and it looks like there are VERY few kids in the US put up for adoption at all. I'm guessing that no matter the race - there is far more demand than supply for adoptive babies in the US (which is not surprising).

Almost no unmarried black women put their babies up for adoption, while 1.7 % of unmarried white women put their babies up for adoption.

interesting stuff.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/s_place.cfm

that's a great argument - seriously, great argument. :wallbash:

out of curiosity - how many unwanted babies go unadopted in the US each year? (serious question). I can't imagine the number is terribly high, but could be wrong.

You'd be surprised. It's also dramatically cut along racial lines. Minority babies just aren't in as high demand. And after a child reaches the age of five, the odds drop significantly. It's too late to do the research but what do you consider "terribly high." That sounds like a "so what" if a few are left behind, the number ain't that high. Well, what about ANY unwanted child that goes unadopted? What about that living soul that never asked to be here? They don't matter because the number isn't "terribly" high? Right.