Abortion doctor killed...

Linky.

Most of you know that I'm a devout Christian and pro-life...but to see someone kill a doctor who performs abortions makes me mad as hell. Few things make me madder than this. Too bad no one at the church seemed to be packing heat at the time.

This is not what people who are pro-life are all about. Have we gotten to the point in this country that we wish to eliminate those who believe differently from ourselves? I'm really hoping that this is just some wacko who has no connection to the pro-life movement...but I don't know. This obviously isn't random. The murderer knew who Dr. Tiller was.

We will see as information is being released. As I said, this infuriates me to no end. :lol:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linky.

Most of you know that I'm a devout Christian and pro-life...but to see someone kill a doctor who performs abortions makes me mad as hell. Few things make me madder than this. Too bad no one at the church seemed to be packing heat at the time.

This is not what people who are pro-life are all about. Have we gotten to the point in this country that we wish to eliminate those who believe differently from ourselves? I'm really hoping that this is just some wacko who has no connection to the pro-life movement...but I don't know. This obviously isn't random. The murderer knew who Dr. Tiller was.

We will see as information is being released. As I said, this infuriates me to no end. :lol:

Eloquently stated Mike. If this is a case of a pro-life extremist as the shooter its very sad. Extremists on both sides cloud this debate. Its so sad that, potentially, in the mind of this killer, protection of human life is somehow used as justification for taking someone's life in cold blood. Its awful....we have so many structures in the country for open debate, judicial guidance and policy making -- yet more and more folks are resorting to outlandish partisan politics, talk show screaming and worst of all violence.

I must say that I appreciate the way that the Notre Dame community handled the Obama graduation speech a few weeks ago. There was rigorous opposition to the speech among many on campus. However the groups opposed to the President being invited were civil and thoughtful -- resorting at worst to a few protests and some yelling at the address. I also thought the President handled the situation with class and dignity willing to recognize opinions different from his. There was no violence -- just thoughtful dialog, objection and principled discourse. Maybe the world can take a lesson.

I pray for Dr. Tiller and his family.

I wonder how many adopted kids he has? :lol:

And there go the thoughfulness and dignity.

Thanks Mike and JoeF for honest and thoughtful responses. It's hard when any of the wacko fringe of your heartfelt positions resort to extreme actions. The more enlightened opponents don't extrapolate the extremist's actions to you.

I always find it completely ironic that a person who is pro-life murders someone else. Brilliant.

I always find it completely ironic that a person who is for murdering babies get's upset when one of those baby murderers is killed by someone else. Brilliant.

A horrible act by a supposed pro-life person. Fortunately these occurances are rare.-And the extreme prochoicers will paint it like its a common occurance.

Prayers to the family of the Doc.

PS--how can a Doc do a late term abortion??--and see a well formed little person/fetus come out....-That I don't get.

Early abortions are debatable... but sheesh..

Guest dog14787
I always find it completely ironic that a person who is for murdering babies get's upset when one of those baby murderers is killed by someone else. Brilliant.

I find it completely ironic that the person who made the decision to terminate the pregnancy was not the doctor performing the abortion, it was the mother of the fetus. So an innocent man gets killed for performing an operation that was asked of him to perform by the mother. Brilliant

Linky.

Yeah, I hear you. Makes the "pro-life" side look a bit wacky. I really dislike the "pro-life" an "pro-choice" terminology. The "pro-life" term infers that there is also a "pro-death" side. No one is *for* abortion. It sucks regardless of the side one choses.

The only thing that I find odd about the debate is how so many "pro-life" people are also in favor of the death penalty. Isn't all human life sacred?

I personally find both practices rather barbaric.

A horrible act by a supposed pro-life person. Fortunately these occurances are rare.-And the extreme prochoicers will paint it like its a common occurance.

Prayers to the family of the Doc.

PS--how can a Doc do a late term abortion??--and see a well formed little person/fetus come out....-That I don't get.

Early abortions are debatable... but sheesh..

In Kansas, I believe you can perform the procedure if the mothers life is in danger. I'm sure that's not an easy decision for anyone.

Yeah, I hear you. Makes the "pro-life" side look a bit wacky. I really dislike the "pro-life" an "pro-choice" terminology. The "pro-life" term infers that there is also a "pro-death" side. No one is *for* abortion. It sucks regardless of the side one choses.

The only thing that I find odd about the debate is how so many "pro-life" people are also in favor of the death penalty. Isn't all human life sacred?

I don't know---Jeffrey Dahmer....John Gacey.....-I think its perfectly reasonable to be anti-abortion and Pro death penalty for people like that.

I think the difference is in WHO is getting killed. Innocent babies vs adults, who know better, going around killing people.

And there go the thoughfulness and dignity.

Thanks Mike and JoeF for honest and thoughtful responses. It's hard when any of the wacko fringe of your heartfelt positions resort to extreme actions. The more enlightened opponents don't extrapolate the extremist's actions to you.

First let me say that I'm against later term abortion.

My point is so many anti-abortionists get so angry at the pro-choice people and yet they don't give a flying eff about the thousands of kids in orphanages in this country. They also don't give an eff about all the unadopted American babies. Why do anti-abortionists care about a few cells and flip off the children who have been born and are in desperate need of a home?

When the orphanages are empty and all of the American born babies have been adopted then they can start arguing about whether a few cells is a human or not. I'm betting that guy couldn't give an eff about any of the homeless children.

My point is so many anti-abortionists get so angry at the pro-choice people and yet they don't give a flying eff about the thousands of kids in orphanages in this country. They also don't give an eff about all the unadopted American babies. Why do anti-abortionists care about a few cells and flip off the children who have been born and are in desperate need of a home?

When the orphanages are empty and all of the American born babies have been adopted then they can start arguing about whether a few cells is a human or not. I'm betting that guy couldn't give an eff about any of the homeless children.

This thread is doomed now. Thanks. :lol:

I don't know---Jeffrey Dahmer....John Gacey.....-I think its perfectly reasonable to be anti-abortion and Pro death penalty for people like that.

Yeah... I understand that argument, I just think that there are ways to isolate them from society and render them harmless.

So you are angry at the pro-life crowd because they haven't adopted all of the orphans and homeless in the country? Does this mean that the pro-choice crowd needs to start murdering the homeless?

No one is *for* abortion.

I am. But only in very specific cases. For example: retroactively aborting some moron who thinks he's doing God's work when he guns someone down in a frickin' Church is okay by me.