Sad Sack Bills

The Bills have the best ST's unit. That counts for something outside of the "we don't have X number of stars..." And this is the Bills' first year in awhile with 2 stud WR's, a chain-moving 3rd WR, 2 stud RB's, promising TE's (Fine will surprise some people and Nelson has some wheels), what looks to be an imposing interior OL, and a very good secondary. I'd like to see another stout DT and Tinoisamoa (or a better alternative) added to shore-up the LB'er spots, but I think the Bills have the makings of a good team this year.

We have an "...imposing interior OL..."????? Great news. I thought we had a couple rookies and a third tier FA whose never managed to secure a starting position until now. Whew. Glad to hear that isn't the case, that could have been a freaking disaster.

We have an "...imposing interior OL..."????? Great news. I thought we had a couple rookies and a third tier FA whose never managed to secure a starting position until now. Whew. Glad to hear that isn't the case, that could have been a freaking disaster.

The Bills F.O. has been absolutely brutal when either selecting O-linemen via the draft or free agency, IMO.

Let's hope the two new rookies are worth the high selections and prove capable, and the Bills can forget about

the interior for about 10 years or so.

Try re-reading my post and this time noticing "what looks to be an...imposing interior OL." But even still, having TO taking-away coverage from Evans and Reed, as well as the LOS which will allow Lynch and Jackson more running room, will have a beneficial effect for the OL.

How many guys do we have that are in the top ten at their respective positions? On offense Evans and maybe Lynch , that's it.. On "D" maybe Schoebel? , maybe Stroud? I think McKelvin will be there too but not in 2009..

That's it, how pathetic,.. Hard to be an optimist when the talent level is a joke !

On offense: Terrell Owens and Marshawn Lynch

On Defense:

How many guys do we have that are in the top ten at their respective positions? On offense Evans and maybe Lynch , that's it.. On "D" maybe Schoebel? , maybe Stroud? I think McKelvin will be there too but not in 2009..

That's it, how pathetic,.. Hard to be an optimist when the talent level is a joke !

Stroud.Maybe McKelvin. Maybe TO. Maybe Evans.---These guys would be barely top ten. Definitely not a star laden team.

Stroud.Maybe McKelvin. Maybe TO. Maybe Evans.---These guys would be barely top ten. Definitely not a star laden team.

How many 'Stars' does Pitts have? I mean seriously? Not trying to stir the pot. But outside the QB position the Steelers have a good solid team. Not many superstars at all. Just guys who know what they are suppose to do, and they are well coached. Great coaching w good/hardworking players is better then average coaching with great players.

How many 'Stars' does Pitts have? I mean seriously? Not trying to stir the pot. But outside the QB position the Steelers have a good solid team. Not many superstars at all. Just guys who know what they are suppose to do, and they are well coached. Great coaching w good/hardworking players is better then average coaching with great players.

what you say is true....although of course they have more stars than we do. But remember top ten is not necessarily superstar. Only the top 2 or 3 players at each position can be called 'superstars'.

Yes--a team only needs a few stars and a lot of solid hardworking players at the right positions with the right attitudes and coaching.

TO

5 years ago yes. Today, no

Moorman

Parrish -- punt returning

McGee -- KO returing

Special teams is 1/3 of the game. The other 2/3'rds kinda sucks

Whitner

Debatable

Hopefully in the future

Hopefully in the future the Bills make the playoffs and gas costs less than $2 a gallon. Call me when that happens

Thanks for basically saying "I know nothing about football, I just play Madden" so we know not to take your posts seriously...lmao...

All right, there you go accusing another poster of "just playing Madden" and knowing nothing about football again. What's up with this Madden mocking, Alpha? Maybe you are the big Madden player here, eh? Come on be honest, your real goal in life is to play on that Madden reality show right?

What is wrong with having more top 10 players at their positions then the next team, by the way? I bet the Steelers had more players in the top 10 of their positions then say....the Lions, last year. Does that mean "I know nothing about football" too? In fact, I would be willing to bet that the 12 playoff teams from last year, had more top 10 players of their positions then the next 12 teams that missed the playoffs, overall.

Of course I'm too lazy to do the research. But common sense does dictate that the teams with the most talent, usually win more games then the teams with less talent. :worthy:

The Bills have the best ST's unit. That counts for something outside of the "we don't have X number of stars..." And this is the Bills' first year in awhile with 2 stud WR's, a chain-moving 3rd WR, 2 stud RB's, promising TE's (Fine will surprise some people and Nelson has some wheels), what looks to be an imposing interior OL, and a very good secondary. I'd like to see another stout DT and Tinoisamoa (or a better alternative) added to shore-up the LB'er spots, but I think the Bills have the makings of a good team this year.

I like your thinking - and agree. I've wondered why the Bills didn't pursue certain things this offseason more, considering, as I believe, they weren't trying to hold back spending for the sake of being cheap - which is to say, I think if they saw a real need and saw a good upgrade, they would've gone after it. And then they didn't sign an OLB, which means they either didn't offer enough, or weren't convinced they needed one. Again, we obviously need an upgrade at DT. The stats for stopping the run last year put the best in our division on top, and the parellels for stopping the run and winning are huge, and we were bad at it last year; so, unless they believe McCargo will break out this year, or Williams will blossom, then we might be looking at the one spot on our Defense which, in a man, is the difference between playoffs and almost. If we can't stop the run, we'll be in trouble. I'm hoping our new D-line coach will turn a bust into a star in McCargo.

Try re-reading my post and this time noticing "what looks to be an...imposing interior OL." But even still, having TO taking-away coverage from Evans and Reed, as well as the LOS which will allow Lynch and Jackson more running room, will have a beneficial effect for the OL.

What part of the interior line "looks to be" imposing to you? The fact that two of them are rookies? The fact that one of them never started for his prior team and was not exactly a highly sought after FA? The fact that none of them have ever played a down together? The fact that they will be flanked by a guard playing tackle and a career right tackle playing on the left?