Things looking better for signing Pisa

The only real competition out there for Pisa is the Bears. And to be honest the Bears don't have a drastic need for him nor the desire to put up money competitive to what the Bills are offering. I read the market as the Bills offering 2.8 to 3.4 million a year while the Bears may only be offering 2 to 2.5 million a year. If thats the case the Bills get him.

The market for Pisa just isn't there. Few teams play the system he is best suited for, and the amount of teams that have an opening on those systems further limits his market. The Bills have big interest in him and the Bears have a mild interest in him but thats about it. The Pats and Eagles did not amount to anything and there isn't anything else out there. Who else wants him at anywhere near the price he wants.

As for have you ever heard of this guy before he got released stuff I think a good fan of the NFL was aware that he was the good linebacker on St.Louis. He was always highlighted on any game as a good defensive player and in Madden ( which is where a lot of the more casual fans knowledge comes from ) he was highly rated. So yeah I knew of him before he got released.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be surprised if the Bills let him slip away. All things being equal I think he chooses the Bills just because the Bills are closer to being a contender than the Bears. Playing in the NFC north is a way different ball game than playing in the AFC east. The Bears have done little to make me think they are legit contenders. Adding Cutler certainly helps but I still don't see any potency in their offense because he doesn't have enough of an arsenal at the skill positions. The Bills on the other hand have what looks to be, minus the OLB position of course, a very solid and deep defense. Adding Pisa would make it top tier in terms of talent and depth imo. Also you have to think the Bills have the potential for one of those "blow up the scoreboard" type offenses, and I don't think those differences are lost on Pisa. You also have to consider that Pisa stand to make a greater impact for the Bills who are far more starved for talent at the position than the Bears.

I have to believe that unless the Bears offer him a flat out better contract you are going to see him in a Bills uniform next year. Hopefully the Bills FO doesn't let this opportunity slip away.

LOL, wow.....severe homer alert here.

Let's see, a case could easily be made for the following:

Bears D-Line > Bills D-Line

Bears LB's > Bills LB's (As for what you said about "top tier" LBs, Pisa going to the BEARS would make that corps top tier. Urlacher, Briggs and Pisa would be an awesome corps of LB's. Poz, Mitchell, and Pisa would be solid. Not top tier.

Secondary - I have no idea, but the front seven make the secondary anyway.

Offensively

Bears QB > Bills QB

Bears RB = Bills RB (Forte was a stud last year, with a non-existant passing game). I would take our RB's anyday, but I don't think there is a Bears fan who would trade Forte for any of our backs either.

Bills WR's > Bears WR

And the Bills O-Line??? Who the hell knows what will happen there.

I wouldn't really say the Bills are easily closer to being a contender. And the fact that we play in a better division makes it even more of a longshot to make the playoffs.

I mean really, we are all homers, but have SOME objectivity here....please.

With the latest news coming out of that Chicago blog posted on the main page, the only thing I can say is "...I got a bad feeling about this".

Pisa will be a Bear.

And no, I'm not being negative. Just taking all of the info I know and using my amazing "common sense" powers.

With the latest news coming out of that Chicago blog posted on the main page, the only thing I can say is "...I got a bad feeling about this".

Pisa will be a Bear.

And no, I'm not being negative. Just taking all of the info I know and using my amazing "common sense" powers.

Did Chicago offer him a contract? I read they haven't as of yet. A lot of things come into play here. At least he would start in Buffalo but you may be right BGIM. We shall see.

Yes I have and your going with "I've never heard of him defense?"

The guy is an undersized LB - you already have those. The guy racked up some tackles in a garbage defense. He's not that good and reportedly played last season at under 230lbs. The Bills are going to have one of the worst run defenses in the league next season and this guy will not change that. Combine that with a secondary that lost Greer and replaced him with nobody, this Bills defense should be a doozy.

The guy is an undersized LB - you already have those. The guy racked up some tackles in a garbage defense. He's not that good and reportedly played last season at under 230lbs. The Bills are going to have one of the worst run defenses in the league next season and this guy will not change that. Combine that with a secondary that lost Greer and replaced him with nobody, this Bills defense should be a doozy.

Wadya doing still posting here? Your Dad is gonna beat your ass if he finds out you're trolling on NFL message boards when you should be in your room acting contrite. I know he must have grounded you after you were picked up for underage drinking. I know Hoodie Senior is a tough dad to have to live up to what with the military background and all. Still, underage drinking is not going to get you anywhere in life, nor is spending your free time antagonizing true football fans.

The fact that your Dad got involved videotaping our practices doesn't mean that he feels you should troll our Bills site. Your Dad is motivated to be great, that's why he performs questionable acts. But you're misreading Daddy's message. He doesn't want you getting drunk as a minor or acting like a p*ssy gadfly on message boards. Yeah I know he cheated on your Mom and put that woman up in that expensive condo...I know Daddy Belichick is really a piece of crap. But I respect his professional accomplishments and that's what you have to take from him. Daddy Belichick is a crappy person but a great football coach. You (Hoodie Junior) are just a crappy person. What kind of person spends enormous amounts of time antagonizing others? A loser. Your Dad is undoubtedly a winner just as you are undoubtedly a loser.

But at least you're competitive. I know it must be hard to live up to the competition of Andy Reid's kids. Those two have set the bar pretty high. If you feel that this is your path in life, go for it. You might as well be the biggest degenerate son of an NFL coach if you're going to be any sort of degenerate.

Uh oh! Is that your Dad coming up the stairs? Okay, I'll let you go now. Hopefully he doesn't make you shine his boots again.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/27/...erage-drinking/

Good luck with that 3-4 LB'ing corps with Mayo and Thomas, the almost-done Bruschi, and guys like Paris Lenon, an "undersized LB" who "racked up some tackles in a garbage defense."

Good luck with that 3-4 LB'ing corps with Mayo and Thomas, the almost-done Bruschi, and guys like Paris Lenon, an "undersized LB" who "racked up some tackles in a garbage defense."

2 Quality LBs is better than none - Especially when you actually have a D Line in front of them. As a Bills fan, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about having a D Line (or an O Line for that matter).

Really. The Pats* are still solid upfront.....................but the further back you go the weaker they get. afcfan1 thinks the Bills will miss Greer...............................I would take any DB on the Bills over the DB's on the Pats*

I live in Chicago. I have not heard 1 person mention Pisa or anything mentioned on tv/radio. The only news I've heard of the guy is on this board.

Though being a Bills fan, I really don't pay much attention to Bears talk on tv...

2 Quality LBs is better than none - Especially when you actually have a D Line in front of them. As a Bills fan, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about having a D Line (or an O Line for that matter).

Yeah, with that DL and 2 quality LB's, the Patriots* gave up just 2 fewer points per game than the Bills did. Wow! But the problem is that age and injury continue to erode what was once a championship defense (cheating aside). And now they have almost a whole new secondary, filled with castoffs and aging guys.

Really. The Pats* are still solid upfront.....................but the further back you go the weaker they get. afcfan1 thinks the Bills will miss Greer...............................I would take any DB on the Bills over the DB's on the Pats*

Bodden and Springs are both better than McGee or Leodis. McGee is a solid KR but nothing special at corner. Leodis had a couple decent games last year, but is not proven by any means. I would take Meriweather over Whitner any day of the week. Whitner was a high draft pick, nothing more. Compare their stats from last year, and let me know the next time Whitner makes a play (except for getting run over by Sammy Morris). I don't know who your other safety is going to be(Simpson?? / Byrd??), but I'll take Sanders over either. The Pats also drafted Patrick Chung at safety and Darius Butler at CB for additional depth.

Yeah, with that DL and 2 quality LB's, the Patriots* gave up just 2 fewer points per game than the Bills did. Wow! But the problem is that age and injury continue to erode what was once a championship defense (cheating aside). And now they have almost a whole new secondary, filled with castoffs and aging guys.

Curious, who are these castoffs/aging guys in the secondary? The Pats secondary this year should consist of Springs, Bodden, Wheatly, Wilhite, Butler, Meriweather, Sanders and Chung. With the exception of Springs, that is called getting younger and faster. The only guys on their defense that will be considered older for their positions will be Springs and Tedy.

Curious, who are these castoffs/aging guys in the secondary? The Pats secondary this year should consist of Springs, Bodden, Wheatly, Wilhite, Butler, Meriweather, Sanders and Chung. With the exception of Springs, that is called getting younger and faster. The only guys on their defense that will be considered older for their positions will be Springs and Tedy.

Please stop hijacking threads. I'd like read this thread and get some actual information re: Pisa. Start your own thread on these topics so I can ignore you.

Bodden and Springs are both better than McGee or Leodis.

I understand trolls, but that statement really shows you know nothing about football or the Bills. If you put either McGee or Leodis in FA they would get huge contract offers. Bodden and Springs got what they got, which is peanuts, although Bodden could have maybe made a little more elsewhere. But still nowhere near what McGee would demand and get.

Springs is aging and can't stay healthy, and should continue to get toasted by TO as has been the case the past several years. Bodden was castoff by the lowly Lions and was so in-demand, he accepted a 1-year deal from the Patriots*. Merriweather hasn't proven anything and the rest are JAG's or unproven rookies.

Springs is aging and can't stay healthy, and should continue to get toasted by TO as has been the case the past several years. Bodden was castoff by the lowly Lions and was so in-demand, he accepted a 1-year deal from the Patriots*. Merriweather hasn't proven anything and the rest are JAG's or unproven rookies.

Please let me know who has "proven anything" in the Bills secondary. Like I said before, McGee is a quality return guy, but is an avg corner and is typically targeted by the Pats. Leodis is unproven, Whitner does nothing and there is nobody else. If Springs is aging, what is TO doing? At all 3 levels, DL, LB and DB the Pats have better talent. That is why they continue to not only beat the Bills, but crush them. I honestly thought Greer was a better cover guy than McGee. Not sure why they let him walk. Do the Bills even have a 3rd corner considering teams play about half the time in nickel?