Way OT

Gary M

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a nice doe this year....

Congrats on the buck....you have to give details.....

My son helped me skin my first archery deer....very cool to include your kids....I've been doing a lot of hunting this year.....

a hunting forum may be a good idea??

You've got to get those details though.....

We need some details here.  Time, place, distance, gear, etc.

Work with me people!

105489[/snapback]

Well I don't wear a watch, but it was about 6:45, Just outside of Hornell. I had seen him before, but wasn't able to get a shot.

I put some Warzock's(local company) doe in heat on my boots. I have some 35 mm film canisters that I hot glued string inside the bottom and to the lid, I have a cotton ball inside, When I got to the stand I put doe in in heat in them and hang them from a low branch, with in bow range 10-15 yards.

After I climb into the stand and listen to be sure I haven't spooked anything, I gave out a nice long grunt. The buck came right in, found the scent trail that I laid down and followed it right to my film canister, about 10 yards from the stans.

I have a Golden Eagle Pro Tech bow (from Wal-mart) Easton alum. arrows and Walmart broad heads.

And now a Bills victory, what a weekend. :blush:

Well I don't wear a watch, but it was about 6:45, Just outside of Hornell. I had seen him before, but wasn't able to get a shot.

I put some Warzock's(local company) doe in heat on my boots. I have some 35 mm film canisters that I hot glued string inside the bottom and to the lid, I have a cotton ball inside, When I got to the stand I put doe in in heat in them and hang them from a low branch, with in bow range 10-15 yards.

After I climb into the stand and listen to be sure I haven't spooked anything, I gave out a nice long grunt. The buck came right in, found the scent trail that I laid down and followed it right to my film canister, about 10 yards from the stans.

I have a Golden Eagle Pro Tech bow (from Wal-mart) Easton alum. arrows and Walmart broad heads.

And now a Bills victory, what a weekend. :blush:

106675[/snapback]

Thanks. Love the details - and especially the last line.

I miss venison backstrap.

I had some of it's liver for dinner Sat.

Tenderloin Monday night.

106682[/snapback]

mmmmm. tenderloins.

I like using a haunch for sauerbratten. With potato pancakes. Yum.

So who's going to explain tying off the bowels before field dressing to KD?