Way OT

Gary M

I put some Warzock's(local company) doe in heat on my boots. I have some 35 mm film canisters that I hot glued string inside the bottom and to the lid, I have a cotton ball inside, When I got to the stand I put doe in in heat in them and hang them from a low branch, with in bow range 10-15 yards.

106675[/snapback]

Eeewwww. I bet you smell. :blush:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question from a non-hunter.

Was back in town last weekend and saw a HUGE buck on transit in lancaster / elma (right by the 400) in somebodies front yard. I know nothing about the size, but this thing had huge antlers.

What are the rules about shooting a deer from your front porch?

Paul only had to do it once and I got help, but from what I remember, after the gut/chest cut is made. You cu the anal area carefully not to cut into the bowel/intestines. \Pinching it off with our hand was all we did, and brought it out with all the intestines and stomach. Also, gonna be real careful of the bladder, that seemed to be the one thing the guy helping me was concerned with. Again we pinched it off with our hand and cut above it. Just like a urine filled water baloon.

Paul only had to do it once and I got help, but from what I remember, after the gut/chest cut is made.  You cu the anal area carefully not to cut into the bowel/intestines.  \Pinching it off with our hand was all we did, and brought it out with all the intestines and stomach.  Also, gonna be real careful of the bladder, that seemed to be the one thing the guy helping me was concerned with.  Again we pinched it off with our hand and cut above it.  Just like a urine filled water baloon.

106722[/snapback]

You ol' bowel-pincher, you. :blush:

After I climb into the stand and listen to be sure I haven't spooked anything, I gave out a nice long grunt. The buck came right in, found the scent trail that I laid down and followed it right to my film canister, about 10 yards from the stans.

I have a Golden Eagle Pro Tech bow (from Wal-mart) Easton alum. arrows and Walmart broad heads.

Nothing about the shot?

Damn, must have been an easy one ;-)

Paul only had to do it once and I got help, but from what I remember, after the gut/chest cut is made.  You cu the anal area carefully not to cut into the bowel/intestines.  \Pinching it off with our hand was all we did, and brought it out with all the intestines and stomach.  Also, gonna be real careful of the bladder, that seemed to be the one thing the guy helping me was concerned with.  Again we pinched it off with our hand and cut above it.  Just like a urine filled water baloon.

106722[/snapback]

I hog dress. I always carry a sholelace so I don't have to mess with it, as when I get to hunt I usually am alone.

I use a Buck 110, cut around the anus, pull the anal structure out, then tie it off. Then I go from there all the way up to the chest to open, Then, I go inside as far up into the chest/neck as I can get, cut the windpipe and esophagus, and try to scoop everything from above the lungs out in one scoop. Less weight to carry out.

Nothing about the shot?

Damn, must have been an easy one ;-)

106745[/snapback]

Sorry I left that out, I hit him at the top of the shoulder and he went down, got up and ran about thirty yards and fell over, I couldn't see him so I tried to knock another arrow, dropped it and tried again, dropped that one too, So I got down looked briefly for blood, and decided to get back in the stand before I kicked him up and lost him. I waited about 10-15 minutes.

When I finally got down and found the blood trail, while I was tracking him another smaller buck walked up to me. After I made sure it wasn't the same deer I watched him run off. I found him thirty yards up the hill.

He had broken the arrow off about 4" from the broad head, I found that sticking through his ribs.

:blush:  :blink:  :D

Were you drawn a long time before you took your shot?-)

106908[/snapback]

Seemed like forever. I drew when he was behind some trees, as he stepped out he heard something and froze partly behind some branches, I am only guessing but he didn't move for about 30 or 40 seconds. He took a few more steps toward my scent canister, when he stopped I released.

Art in RTP Posted Today, 07:58 PM

Good job. I get buck fever 200 yards out with a 7mm Magnum. I'd probably stevestojan my pants before I could get one with a Bow. Looks like a fork horn yes ?

5 points

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=220974