This week's Sports Illustrated cover: Tom Brady

Lori

Figured since most everyone else has been complaining about "the media" lately, I'd throw my whine into the mix:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sports_illustrated/3567265822/

Indy 500, NBA and NHL playoffs ... so, naturally, they're running a cover shot of a guy who hasn't played a game since September 2008. Yes, I know his return to practice is newsworthy. But this newsworthy?

Practice, man. We're talking about practice.

Figured since most everyone else has been complaining about "the media" lately, I'd throw my whine into the mix:

Indy 500, NBA and NHL playoffs ... so, naturally, they're running a cover shot of a guy who hasn't played a game since September 2008. Yes, I know his return to practice is newsworthy. But this newsworthy?

The only time I come across a copy of SI is in the rack or on a table at a physicians' waiting room. And for obvious reasons, picking up and paging through community property there is...risky.

I bring my own paperback.

:pirate:

Indy 500?? That was a joke, right? You suggest a cover story about a race that lost it's relevance over 20 years ago?

Hockey? Fewer viewers than the Indy 500.

NBA? The last issue of SI was a cover on LeBron James---a total love-piece on a guy who has won zero rings and is in danger of getting sent home by the Orlando Magic (!).

Indy 500?? That was a joke, right? You suggest a cover story about a race that lost it's relevance over 20 years ago?

NBA? The last issue of SI was a cover on LeBron James---a total love-piece on a guy who has won zero rings and is in danger of getting sent home by the Orlando Magic (!).

All those sports are in season. Football isn't.

Looks like someone wants to be the meat in a tom brady - peter king sandwich.

go suck an egg

Indy 500 lost its relevance 20 years ago? Is that why they have over 400,000 spectators every year, and why ABC/ESPN expanded coverage this year?

link

The Indy 500 is even more relevant now that CART/Champ Car has disappeared as a separate body and reunited with IRL.

(Guess all that publicity and coverage of the IRL, Danica Patrick, Milka Duno, etc. is lost on lovers of that handsome Tommie Brady*.)

Too bad he's not on the cover of Madden.

And why do you think that is?? I was just thinking about that. He is argueably the greatest player of this generation. Yet never been on the most popular football game of the last 15 years? Think maybe he is suspicious?? The whole Madden cover curse??

Oh and btw, i have not played that game in probably 12 years or so since i was in college. I could not even probably turn the game on. Just think its an interesting/paranoid question.