Best QBs available in FA: Rex Grossman and J.P. Losman

According to Don Pompei

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30851442/

Quarterbacks

The two best are Rex Grossman and J.P. Losman, a pair of former first-round picks who bombed out with their first teams. It is interesting that no teams up to this point have tried to turn these players into reclamation projects. We have seen many passers fail with their first team only to find themselves with a second team later in their careers, and it is possible Grossman or Losman could be one of those players.

There is a trend among teams to go with two young backups rather than to bring in a retread, however.

Rumor is his real name is KC Joyner.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Don Pompei

Quarterbacks

The two best are Rex Grossman and J.P. Losman, a pair of former first-round picks who bombed out with their first teams. It is interesting that no teams up to this point have tried to turn these players into reclamation projects. We have seen many passers fail with their first team only to find themselves with a second team later in their careers, and it is possible Grossman or Losman could be one of those players.

There is a trend among teams to go with two young backups rather than to bring in a retread, however.

They both are still available because, uhm, they s u c k!

According to Don Pompei

Quarterbacks

Lost-man will get signed during training camp, as QB's get injured or play their way out of town. As far has him becoming a starter in the NFL that can play 16 games with at least 2,500 yards, 15 TD passes and less INT's, and a steady passer rating over 80, forget it. He could not achieve that behind the Pat's O-line with Moss and Welker, in my humble opinion.

just because he's saying they're the "best left" doesn't mean he's saying that they are any good.

Exactly.

If I go into Walmart to purchase a bucket and the only one that's on the shelf is full of feces then it's the best left.

According to Don Pompei

Quarterbacks

Grossman is trying out for the UFL.

According to UFLAccess.com, which is a site for fans, former Bears quarterback Rex Grossman will participate in drills in front of UFL head coaches.

The Web site quotes a Las Vegas television station, saying that another player, Graham Harrell, will also participate in the drills in a "pro day" in Las Vegas.

A representative from the UFL would not confirm any players who will be in attendance at the workout.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4182092

As far has him becoming a starter in the NFL that can play 16 games with at least 2,500 yards, 15 TD passes and less INT's, and a steady passer rating over 80, forget it. He could not achieve that behind the Pat's O-line with Moss and Welker, in my humble opinion.

I also doubt clean up the city boy could achieve those stats with Patriots level talent. In order for him to do that, he would probably need talent around him at an incredibly high level. I mean real high. I mean 2006 Buffalo Bills high.

Lost-man will get signed during training camp, as QB's get injured or play their way out of town. As far has him becoming a starter in the NFL that can play 16 games with at least 2,500 yards, 15 TD passes and less INT's, and a steady passer rating over 80, forget it. He could not achieve that behind the Pat's O-line with Moss and Welker, in my humble opinion.
He did it in 2006 with the Bills O-line and receivers, no reason to think it couldn't happen again

Losman would be a decent backup for a good team if he had a couple of years under their system to settle down and figure things out. Look, if Todd Collins can play a few good games then Losman can as well.

sadly, even with the extra chances I gave JP for being a first class citizen of Buffalo, he has run out of the benefit of the doubt. He blows. Hope he can catch on as a backup for a couple of years, pad his bank. But, he really should be thinking about what is next in life.

According to Don Pompei

Quarterbacks

I would have liked to see Grossman as our B/U QB. JP is an unmitigated bust in every possible aspect.

I also doubt clean up the city boy could achieve those stats with Patriots level talent. In order for him to do that, he would probably need talent around him at an incredibly high level. I mean real high. I mean 2006 Buffalo Bills high.

I forgot all about 2006. :D

But can you blame me? Lost-man himself forgot how to play that well half way through '07. :ph34r:

I'm not taking JP's side here, just go back and look at his Head coaches and QB coaches and how frequently they changed, not many QB's could evolve under those circumstances. Not to mention how he kept getting pulled again and again, that would sap anyone's confidence.

How would you like Turk Schonert as your QB coach or offensive coordinator, a 10 year backup holding a clipboard and 10 year assistant coach who never achieved anything himself. Ralph Wilson wanted him fired and replaced after last season. Jauron kept him claiming he wanted "continuity" on the team, what a load of HS.

This coaching staff is a QB killer and will be until they are all fired and replaced. Want to see someone have a tough time finding another job, see where Schonert goes after this season.