(ot)is there a site do to calculate exchange rates?

njsue

You obliquely bring up a point. A lot of so called college material isn't taught well, and some of the questions asked are way to subject to interpretation, which sort of leaves one hanging if your interpretation doesn't agree.

Darlene had a Korean poly sci prof who couldn't hardly speak English. Only B she ever got.

I also agree that the underlying IMF basis and principles are invalid this day and age. Look at Brazil, for crying out loud.

Can we go back to hilarious stupidity now?

105320[/snapback]

One of the reasons I stopped at my MA. Never really learned anything worthwhile I didn't learn on my own. Had one physics professor who used his entire class simply to proofread his textbook manuscript (photocopied manuscript). Stupid class, learned nothing from it (except the professor's no threat to win a Nobel anytime soon), and still got an A, because the grade was solely dependent on the quality of our proofreading.

My thesis advisor was a certifiable genius, though. I'm f'in smart, and he made me look like BF or steve. He's no threat to win a Nobel, either...but only because he publishes 50 research papers a year on everything from urban planning to mine sweeping (as in "finding land mines with lasers") to neuropsychology. High-quality research, too...I've never seen anyone else be that prolific who wasn't publishing massive amounts of BS.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't honestly think someone with the last name Duke living in a town with a cop named Roscoe and a wrench named Cooter would spell "Bo" like a Frog, do you?

105316[/snapback]

Personally, I have my doubts that she could spell "Bo", period.

I'm a firm believer that a drink should taste like a drink. Example being an aged Single Malt straight up, with a side glass of ice and a further of water. A good Macanudo rounds it out. I'm sipping Eagle Rare 101 proof Kentucky sour mash this evening, thank you very much. And sipping is the way to go. Get happy, not stupid.

105325[/snapback]

Glenmorangie 12 yo here.

I'm a firm believer that a drink should taste like a drink. Example being an aged Single Malt straight up, with a side glass of ice and a further of water. A good Macanudo rounds it out. I'm sipping Eagle Rare 101 proof Kentucky sour mash this evening, thank you very much. And sipping is the way to go. Get happy, not stupid.

Quality, not quantity. You don't want to get so loaded that you blink and get a Miller Light dumped on your head.

105325[/snapback]

I don't drink em either. I was just working off the whole "milk" thing...

<_<

Glenmorangie 12 yo here.

105341[/snapback]

Just poured a Hennesy XO, myself.

One thing I've always wanted to do: spend a summer hunting the Loch Ness monster. Sounds stupid, I know...but the way I see it, the worst thing that happens is that I spend three months doing nothing but sitting by a Scottish loch drinking 12-year-old single malt...and who knows, just maybe I prove the damned thing exists. Sure as hell have no chance at that kind of fame sitting by Lake Erie for three months drinking Genny Cream Ale... <_<

Be ashame to take that out of context. Someone who didn't know what you were talking about might start wondering about you. :lol:

105344[/snapback]

Ouch. But really officer, I knew it was you on the other end of that teen chat room the whole time! <_<

Just poured a Hennesy XO, myself.

One thing I've always wanted to do: spend a summer hunting the Loch Ness monster.  Sounds stupid, I know...but the way I see it, the worst thing that happens is that I spend three months doing nothing but sitting by a Scottish loch drinking 12-year-old single malt...and who knows, just maybe I prove the damned thing exists.  Sure as hell have no chance at that kind of fame sitting by Lake Erie for three months drinking Genny Cream Ale...  <_<

105346[/snapback]

What's with all this 12 year old stevestojan. you guys actually ever drink scotch?.

How about a 30 year aged Speyside? Ambrosia. But special occasion. Expensive. They call for a good portofino. If you're gonna play. play. If in doubt, try to pick up a box of Padrone anniversaries.

But, yes, I really like the Glennmorangie port wood finish. Oban is fine too.

Good Cognac rules as well. I'm glad you have enough sense to sniff Hennesy over some of the others. There are some single vineyards producing a good Cognac that aren't really popular here. Mostly, I think, because they haven't had any marketing. That's OK, as long as I know where to find them.

Olivier comes in handy.

Sue I really enjoy almost all of your posts but you're starting to remind me of that anti drug commercial that shows a kid laying hurt in the street with his friend looking on while a truck is heading straight for the kid on the road and a voice over says, "You would help your friend if they were in trouble wouldn't you?".

You're acting like an alcoholic who is already drunk off their ass and thinks that they need more to drink. Just put the glass down and call it a night Sue.

105245[/snapback]

damn your advice. this thread used to be interesting.

What's with all this 12 year old stevestojan. you guys actually ever drink scotch?.

How about a 30 year aged Speyside? Ambrosia. But special occasion. Expensive. They call for a good portofino. If you're gonna play. play. If in doubt, try to pick up a box of Padrone anniversaries.

But, yes, I really like the Glennmorangie port wood finish. Oban is fine too.

Good Cognac rules as well. I'm glad you have enough sense to sniff Hennesy over some of the others. There are some single vineyards producing a good Cognac that aren't really popular here. Mostly, I think, because they haven't had any marketing. That's OK, as long as I know where to find them.

Olivier comes in handy.

105356[/snapback]

I could sit and sniff Hennessy for hours (both Jill and the cognac). Sometimes it's nice to just pour a little into a glass and let the aroma fill the room...except it's a waste of good cognac.

I'll admit to having a thing for Grand Marnier Centenaire...but honestly, that's almost more a liquer than it is a cognac. Still...it's damned good.

I could sit and sniff Hennessy for hours (both Jill and the cognac).  Sometimes it's nice to just pour a little into a glass and let the aroma fill the room...except it's a waste of good cognac. 

I'll admit to having a thing for Grand Marnier Centenaire...but honestly, that's almost more a liquer than it is a cognac.  Still...it's damned good.

105361[/snapback]

Centenaire is awesome! I love Grand Marnier and have had the 150 year old too but the Centenaire is the best IMO

You obliquely bring up a point. A lot of so called college material isn't taught well, and some of the questions asked are way to subject to interpretation, which sort of leaves one hanging if your interpretation doesn't agree.

Darlene had a Korean poly sci prof who couldn't hardly speak English. Only B she ever got.

I also agree that the underlying IMF basis and principles are invalid this day and age. Look at Brazil, for crying out loud.

Can we go back to hilarious stupidity now?

105320[/snapback]

I was taking a computer science course a LONG time ago. There was an essay question I could not answer. I understood the question and was familiar with the topic in general, but did not know specifically what they wanted.

So I wrote a paragraph, correctly using every "buzzword" I could remember pertaining to the topic, using about 50 words to say absolutely nothing.

Ka-ching! Full credit. <_<