(ot)is there a site do to calculate exchange rates?

njsue

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<

He needs to caption his photo though.

105279[/snapback]

Hard to do when you're doing the 1964 duck and cover drill for practice.

BTW, everyone. Right click, properties.

But I know...this is past car wreck. We're into airline disasters now.

I'm actually not upset I have nothing to do on a Saturday night, this thread really is excellent entertainment...

Speaking of Mickey Dee's, I'll be working there soon if I don't find myself a job.

(note to Sue - do NOT CLICK the link below. do NOT click it. slight nudity involved.)

If I do work there, I hope I work with her!

105267[/snapback]

Can I get fries with that?

There should be some kind of bogie for inane subjects or inane threads. If it gets past 3000 hits, as this one has. It should be filed away, when its done. Then at the end of the Football season, when we’re so full of OT topics, we can bring those said threads out and vote for the most inane thread of the year, thoughts?

Awards? Beer Baths? Slaps with rings turned toward the intended target?

Ok genius. I pm'ed you the ? 10 minutes ago. Your slacking with the answer.

105187[/snapback]

Yeah...because I didn't have anything else to do. I'm here 24/7 waiting to do your homework...

Part 1 is easy: it established BOTH the World Bank and IMF.

Part 2 is a little more interesting (if I understand what you're asking; "Have the decisions stayed in this economy" is, frankly, a God-awful bit of phrasing). The short version is: their initial mandate has to be considered in the post-war, late-colonial period in which they were taken, as opposed to the post-colonial, Cold War and post-Cold War world we live in right now. The IMF, I'd have to say, does not fill their stated mandate nor, frankly, even the original intent of the conference, seeing as they are directly responsible for the collapse of the Asian Pacific Rim currencies and economies in the late 90's through their exchange rate demands in said region (a chart of the IDR vs. the USD from about 1997 is particularly interesting.) Given that their exchange rate meddling led directly to just the sort of thing the IMF was implemented to avoid (economic instability), and given that not a few of their policies depress rather than encourage economic growth in post-colonial Third World countries, I'd have to say the decisions and principles underlying the IMF probably aren't valid in today's world, as those decisions took into consideration neither the complexity and speed of the current era (where a trader in NYC can collapse the Malaysian currency) nor the proliferation of smaller, weaker post-colonial economies.

As for the WB...same basic argument, but I can't get as in depth with it as I have something else to do. So do your own homework on that one...

<_<

I was trapped under that womans happy bags. Good thing she finally lifted up her shirt and I fell out, I was running out of air. Had plenty of milk though.

105305[/snapback]

Thanks for that visual. I'm switching from beer to bourbon now.

I think I'll start following these inane threads around and try to do the little musical backdrop like they did with the old car chase movies and Dukes of Hazard and stuff. Sort of a running commentary.

Whoo hoo Beau, off to the General Lee!

Either that or I'll hold up somewhere with Daisey.

105235[/snapback]

You don't honestly think someone with the last name Duke living in a town with a cop named Roscoe and a wrench named Cooter would spell "Bo" like a Frog, do you?

Yeah...because I didn't have anything else to do.  I'm here 24/7 waiting to do your homework...

Part 1 is easy: it established BOTH the World Bank and IMF. 

Part 2 is a little more interesting (if I understand what you're asking; "Have the decisions stayed in this economy" is, frankly, a God-awful bit of phrasing).  The short version is: their initial mandate has to be considered in the post-war, late-colonial period in which they were taken, as opposed to the post-colonial, Cold War and post-Cold War world we live in right now.  The IMF, I'd have to say, does not fill their stated mandate nor, frankly, even the original intent of the conference, seeing as they are directly responsible for the collapse of the Asian Pacific Rim currencies and economies in the late 90's through their exchange rate demands in said region (a chart of the IDR vs. the USD from about 1997 is particularly interesting.)  Given that their exchange rate meddling led directly to just the sort of thing the IMF was implemented to avoid (economic instability),  and given that not a few of their policies depress rather than encourage economic growth in post-colonial Third World countries, I'd have to say the decisions and principles underlying the IMF probably aren't valid in today's world, as those decisions took into consideration neither the complexity and speed of the current era (where a trader in NYC can collapse the Malaysian currency) nor the proliferation of smaller, weaker post-colonial economies.

As for the WB...same basic argument, but I can't get as in depth with it as I have something else to do.  So do your own homework on that one...

<_<

105301[/snapback]

You obliquely bring up a point. A lot of so called college material isn't taught well, and some of the questions asked are way to subject to interpretation, which sort of leaves one hanging if your interpretation doesn't agree.

Darlene had a Korean poly sci prof who couldn't hardly speak English. Only B she ever got.

I also agree that the underlying IMF basis and principles are invalid this day and age. Look at Brazil, for crying out loud.

Can we go back to hilarious stupidity now?

You don't honestly think someone with the last name Duke living in a town with a cop named Roscoe and a wrench named Cooter would spell "Bo" like a Frog, do you?

105316[/snapback]

or he could mean he's "good looking" in French...

How about a white russian?

105314[/snapback]

I'm a firm believer that a drink should taste like a drink. Example being an aged Single Malt straight up, with a side glass of ice and a further of water. A good Macanudo rounds it out. I'm sipping Eagle Rare 101 proof Kentucky sour mash this evening, thank you very much. And sipping is the way to go. Get happy, not stupid.

Quality, not quantity. You don't want to get so loaded that you blink and get a Miller Light dumped on your head.

105316[/snapback]

Comments like this are the reason someone should invent a rain poncho for my monitor. THAT was fuggin' funny.