If Trent goes down with an injury, we are literally SOL as of right no

I know we all want to address the lines & Secondary but after thinking about it, we are well underserved at QB. I have 0 faith in Hamdan / Fitz helping us in a close game if need be. We have 0 behind Trent right now at QB. There is no Frank Reich to pull the greatest comeback in NFL history trick out of the hat, no gunslinger / threat. Our offense has been nearly inept for years, yet we continue to kid ourselves and think that the QB position is well filled. Dream a little dream, get a back up with some ability and that might actually be able to make other teams second guess what's coming, I want us to win.

Despite beating this particular dead horse for about the goojillionth time.....

It's doubtful that neither Hamdan or Fitz would be worse than the dreadful JP. So in that respect, I don't see how the Bills are any worse off than the last few years. Don't write Fitz off until we get to see him play....and we should in pre season.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's doubtful that neither Hamdan or Fitz would be worse than the dreadful JP. So in that respect, I don't see how the Bills are any worse off than the last few years. Don't write Fitz off until we get to see him play....and we should in pre season.

If TE goes down, Fitz might actually be an upgrade.

There is the possibility they can fall down and hang on to the ball. But, there is also the possibility our coaches will find their weaknesses and play them as strengths.

Anyone would be an upgrade over JP

I disagree. True, we've only seen Hamden in preseason, but he has looked good. Fitz has some real NFL experience now and I have full confidence in him, too. I wouldn't rate the backup situation as ideal, but I wouldn't rate it as dire, either -- not by a long shot. In fact, I think there are many teams who would like to have our backups on their roster.

+1

also, with the draft going interior OL and the signing of Rhodes we may,or hopefully :thumbsup:, are going to play some smashmouth football. and ive seen hamdan over here and i really think he can play

There is the possibility they can fall down and hang on to the ball. But, there is also the possibility our coaches will find their weaknesses and play them as strengths.

Well....you bring up what I believe is THE weakest link and that is the triumvirate coaching staff of Dickie the J, Fewell & Snert. And I'm not about to beat on those dead horses here either.....

Yeah. Hey, did you get that high diving board back up at town park yet?? You are the only person that can do it.

Weak, SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - extremely weak. Try having an original thought once in a while. :thumbsup:

Now go away before I have to get a restraining order against you, my former gopher and errand boy.

And don't bother begging for your job back. Man, disgruntled former employees are always a pain in the ass.

Yeah. Hey, did you get that high diving board back up at town park yet?? You are the only person that can do it.

Weak, SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - extremely weak. Try having an original thought once in a while. :thumbsup:

Now go away before I have to get a restraining order against you, my former gopher and errand boy.

And don't bother begging for your job back. Man, disgruntled former employees are always a pain in the ass.

Seriously guys, have your pog-war already and get it overwith.

no gunslinger / threat.

Hamdan was drafted because of his size and strong arm. Watch some tape on him (there should be plenty NFL Europe stuff available) and then dare to say again he isn't a gunslinger. Lol.

Weak, SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - extremely weak. Try having an original thought once in a while. :cry:

Maybe you can hire your fave boy JP. He's great with the parks and recreation stuff, right? And he's such a great guy, he'll never give you a problem.

worst backup QB in NFL now? What are you basing this on? Was it all the Cincy games you were intently watching last year?

Actually if you really want to know, I did watch most of the Bengal games last year, on a second TV (Sunday Ticket) as a friend of mine comes over and he is from Cincy (sorry for him). We have all these receivers now, and if you watched the Bengal games, Fitz can't throw more than 15 yards with any accuracy at all, and that isn't considering the winds that can get going at the Ralph. He also had a chance in St. Louis too, and he was awful. There were better backups that could have been had (and still can be had) than him and would have come much cheaper. Total bad move, no doubt. You can disagree if you want, but when he plays a few games when Trent goes down, you will agree with me, put money on it.

Actually if you really want to know, I did watch most of the Bengal games last year, on a second TV (Sunday Ticket) as a friend of mine comes over and he is from Cincy (sorry for him). We have all these receivers now, and if you watched the Bengal games, Fitz can't throw more than 15 yards with any accuracy at all, and that isn't considering the winds that can get going at the Ralph. He also had a chance in St. Louis too, and he was awful. There were better backups that could have been had (and still can be had) than him and would have come much cheaper. Total bad move, no doubt. You can disagree if you want, but when he plays a few games when Trent goes down, you will agree with me, put money on it.

That's why I started this thread, behind Trent we are in a no win spot. Think the rest of our difficult schedule is going to allow for errors like a bad back-up QB??

We're walking dead after Trent, winless at best / embarassed most likely.

+1

also, with the draft going interior OL and the signing of Rhodes we may,or hopefully :D, are going to play some smashmouth football. and ive seen hamdan over here and i really think he can play

I agree about Hamden. I think the guy has a huge upside. He's just not had an opportunity. At 6'4", he's got ideal size and seems to have a strong and accurate arm. He's also got a great team-first attitude. I'm not sure there's much more one can ask for. The guy just needs some playing time.

I visited the Cincy board to see what people were saying and it seemed like a 50/50 thing. It reminded me of the JP arguments a couple of years ago -- "if we only had an o-line, he'd be great", etc. However, I'm not sure how you can say he had a chance in St. Louis -- 3 starts in 3 seasons and only 6 appearances in total! It's a real stretch to consider that much of an opportunity. His only significant playing time came last season in Cincy. However, based on the Cincy board posts, there seem to be many people who share your opinion about his arm. Many also said he was too quick to take off running. However, it was his first year in a new system on top of not really having any significant prior experience as a regular starter. And, their O-line DID suck, so that's a factor. I say it's too early to totally write the guy off, but at the same time, I agree, there are some concerns. I don't like the fact that he is 6'2". I think today's NFL QB ideally should be at least 6'4". But, JP's run here was over and everyone knew it. I don't think Fitz was a bad pickup. Given the right situation, he may even turn out to be better than people think.

Edit: I'll tell you what I don't like is Fitz being 2nd on the depth chart. Hamden knows the system. I think he deserves to be listed as the #2 guy. In any event, hopefully preseason will sort that out.

1.) The Bills will certainly be better overall at QB this year in that Trent will be a year more experienced in this league and the line will be better than last year (I am confident of that). I mean Peters gave up a lot of sacks and had the gall to say he felt better about the sacks when he realized how little he was being paid. When your best OL thinks that we you are totally disfunctional on the line and don't you think Trent knew or sensed that?

2.) The Bills will be better at back up QB because Losman was basically disfunctional as a backup. Number one rule for a backup is don't lose the game (like the fumble against the Jets). The thing the Bills coaches felt about Fitzpatrick was that he improved throughout the year. Losman only got worse, culminating in that ridiculous fumble against the Jets. Fitzpatrick has upside and he is willing to be helpful to Trent as a No. 2. That psychology is very important on a team. Each QB has a place. You don't want to bring in any QB who would look at it that he should come in when Trent struggles. This is Trent's year. If it doesn't work then next year new options for starting QB will be brought it. But that would be a mistake this year, considering how highly they rate Trent. So Fitzpatrick is a good choice for backup.

1.) The Bills will certainly be better overall at QB this year in that Trent will be a year more experienced in this league and the line will be better than last year (I am confident of that). I mean Peters gave up a lot of sacks and had the gall to say he felt better about the sacks when he realized how little he was being paid. When your best OL thinks that we you are totally disfunctional on the line and don't you think Trent knew or sensed that?

2.) The Bills will be better at back up QB because Losman was basically disfunctional as a backup. Number one rule for a backup is don't lose the game (like the fumble against the Jets). The thing the Bills coaches felt about Fitzpatrick was that he improved throughout the year. Losman only got worse, culminating in that ridiculous fumble against the Jets. Fitzpatrick has upside and he is willing to be helpful to Trent as a No. 2. That psychology is very important on a team. Each QB has a place. You don't want to bring in any QB who would look at it that he should come in when Trent struggles. This is Trent's year. If it doesn't work then next year new options for starting QB will be brought it. But that would be a mistake this year, considering how highly they rate Trent. So Fitzpatrick is a good choice for backup.

Yes, THAT is the key thing about Fitz. When I visited the Cincy boards, while he did get shredded by some, I think there was a general consensus that he continued to improve throughout the season. That can be nothing but a good thing!

Also agree about Losman not playing a supporting role. It's just not good team chemistry to have Losman brooding about. Yes, he never displayed that publicly, but you just know he was. Fitz improves the overall psychology tremendously.