If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dont think financing and running a multistate criminal orginization for over 6 years is worse than these offenses? Most of them where emotional spur of the moment crimes, and werent planned and run for years, like Vicks was. Sorry but think being a crime boss is a bit too much to forgive in my eyes.

All the people that smoke pot have violated the law everytime with possession rules as well. If you think about it, going over the speed limit, drink and drive, pee in public, public intoxication, jaywalk, go through a red light, how many crimes to we all do all the time?

Peace loving mary's that go to church all the time and have to let you know about it are usually the first to violate the law, daily.

Vick is suspended by the NFL but that shouldn't be a problem. Commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Vick has to be genuinely remorseful for bankrolling a dog-fighting operation — and for torturing and killing dogs. I don't know how anyone could determine how sincere Vick's apologies are.

Most of us don't believe Vick is sorry about anything except getting caught, but we can't be sure. Neither can Goodell. I don't see how he couldn't lift Vick's suspension before the 2009 season. Vick isn't a credit to the NFL, but many other guys aren't either, and they'll be playing.

Imagine a 2009 Buffalo Bills offense with Owens and Vick added to the mix. It would mean nightmares for opposing defensive coaches, and sell tickets. I believe T.O. is the main reason the Bills didn't suffer a major drop in ticket sales for this season coming off a third straight 7-9 record and the rehiring of coach Dick Jauron.

I believe signing Vick would sell even more season tickets. Some people might try to cancel with a dog-killer on the team, but I think many more people would take their place.

Vick dreams of being the object of a bidding war and signing for $10 million a year. That's not going to happen. But several teams figure to be interested in him and I hope the Bills are one of them — at a reasonable price, maybe one season for $2 or $3 million. The Bills could afford him and could use him.

Wouldn't it be fun to see Vick line up as a wide receiver or as a direct-snap Wildcat player? Opposing teams would have to put two defenders on him to contain him, and he also could be a passing threat. He'd also be a better bet as a backup quarterback than Ryan Fitzpatrick if Trent Edwards went down for a few games.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...1/905240319/tbd

All the people that smoke pot have violated the law everytime with possession rules as well. If you think about it, going over the speed limit, drink and drive, pee in public, public intoxication, jaywalk, go through a red light, how many crimes to we all do all the time?

Peace loving mary's that go to church all the time and have to let you know about it are usually the first to violate the law, daily.

Really Skooby? Your comparing these crimes to what Vick did? Well I guess I shouldnt be surprised by someone who considers themself an insider by the type of car he drives and a picture of him shaking hands with an ex coordinator over security tape.

You need a dose of reality brother.

Really Skooby? Your comparing these crimes to what Vick did? Well I guess I shouldnt be surprised by someone who considers themself an insider by the type of car he drives and a picture of him shaking hands with an ex coordinator over security tape.

You need a dose of reality brother.

People speak of repeating crimes when they repeat crimes all the time themselves, however big or small they're still crimes. They either do not consider them wrong or just don't care. Vick obviously didn't think that this was a big deal but it took away his wealth / freedom, I think he might know better now. What better back-up QB to have then a extremely talented / contrite one?

Vick is suspended by the NFL but that shouldn't be a problem. Commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Vick has to be genuinely remorseful for bankrolling a dog-fighting operation — and for torturing and killing dogs. I don't know how anyone could determine how sincere Vick's apologies are.

Most of us don't believe Vick is sorry about anything except getting caught, but we can't be sure. Neither can Goodell. I don't see how he couldn't lift Vick's suspension before the 2009 season. Vick isn't a credit to the NFL, but many other guys aren't either, and they'll be playing.

Imagine a 2009 Buffalo Bills offense with Owens and Vick added to the mix. It would mean nightmares for opposing defensive coaches, and sell tickets. I believe T.O. is the main reason the Bills didn't suffer a major drop in ticket sales for this season coming off a third straight 7-9 record and the rehiring of coach Dick Jauron.

I believe signing Vick would sell even more season tickets. Some people might try to cancel with a dog-killer on the team, but I think many more people would take their place.

Vick dreams of being the object of a bidding war and signing for $10 million a year. That's not going to happen. But several teams figure to be interested in him and I hope the Bills are one of them — at a reasonable price, maybe one season for $2 or $3 million. The Bills could afford him and could use him.

Wouldn't it be fun to see Vick line up as a wide receiver or as a direct-snap Wildcat player? Opposing teams would have to put two defenders on him to contain him, and he also could be a passing threat. He'd also be a better bet as a backup quarterback than Ryan Fitzpatrick if Trent Edwards went down for a few games.

You're using Bob Matthews to help your cause? Not a great idea.

You're using Bob Matthews to help your cause? Not a great idea.

:unsure:

I'll trust Graham and Pitoniak -- two guys who actually were in the Ralph Wilson Stadium press box last season, unlike Matthews. And they're saying "no deal."

Ok leaving out all the morality and legal issues out of it would Vick even be an effective player? Looking at it from a pure football perspective I just don't see Vick as a big impact right away at least. If you are a team like the 49ers who don't have a QB and can use Vick as a two year project that may be the fit Vick needs. I just think a guy who has been two years away from football and wasn't exactly a perfect player when he was playing at a high level.

I just think that form the Bills perspective I just don't think that shoehorning in Vick as a wildcat trick play QB would be worth it even if you leave out the legal issue ( which is a big issue ) But a team like San Francisco could use him and work with him during training camp get him very limited playing time during the first eight games and than let him get more snaps as the season goes on.

He needs a lot of time to get physically ready and than even more time to get mentally ready. Vick needs to go to a team that can spend time redeveloping him and a team needs to take a chance on Vick.

Guest dog14787

Using Vick as a multipurpose player would cause all kinds of problems for defenses and Vick would be a good deal at 2-3 million a year as long as he's OK with being a multipurpose player. Just by Michael Vick agreeing to something like that would probably double the teams interested, I'm just not sure he would agree to it, Vick wants to play QB.

• 3 weeks later...
We have to be considering this and we know you guys would love him.

If we really feel that Trent deserves this season to sink or swim than we can't bring Vick in. If we bring in Vick as a wildcat/gadget QB than how long before TO asks for Vick to be the full time QB? I don't see the need for Vick unless we see him as the full time QB. Trent would be totally undermined if we brought Vick in.

Don't get me wrong I have no moral objections to bringing in Vick due to the fact that he spent time in jail for the horrible act he did. If Vick were on the Bills I would root for him. But because I just don't see the need/fit for Vick i don't want him on the team especially when you take into account Trent and the possible QB controversy it could cause won't be worth it to me at least.

Dog fighting is widely practiced and widely accepted in many parts of the world. Including ours, open your eyes, genius. Cutting the fins off sharks to make soup, also.

Humans are the most brutal animal, by far, get over it.

Is it legal moron? I could care less what's "accepted" in some sh*thole 3rd world country.

Just because it's accepted in your mom's house doesn't make it legal.

Let's face it, we're fish.

You might be a fish, I'm not. :nana: I won't welcome him at all. Other then you, I don't know where these rumors are coming from that the Bills would want this felon at all in the first place. If Goddell lets him back in, and if Brandon the Marketer brings him in, I won't "boycott" the Bills over one loser. But I won't be happy about him playing for Buffalo, and I think Mr. Vick will find a lot of unhappy animal lovers in the stands ready for him at the Ralph, and at every other NFL stadium for that matter. :oops:

Just say no, Roger, just say no.

We have to be considering this and we know you guys would love him.

Oh my. Are you claiming to be a member of the Bills organization? If so, has it crossed your mind that your advocacy of Mr. Mexico might be better directed at someone like, uh, Russ Brandon?

Yes, I would love to see Michael Vick at the Ralph, btw... in pink and teal.

Morality aside (which is one of the problems with our society in that we too often put morality aside and simply make business decisions based only on dollars and cents) as far as entertainment goes, I am thoroughly entertained by wall to wall Bills coverage.

However, if the Bills were to pick up the horrible soap opera known as Micheal Vick then almost all football issues will become secondary in the wall to wall Vick coverage.

Picking him up would be a total disaster for those interested in the Bills for football purposes.

No "we" don't, and no, most of us wouldn't.

and considering the Bills laughed at reporters asking them if they had any interest, I think it's beyond idiotic to even think about this tool in Buffalo...but considering who started the thread...

and considering the Bills laughed at reporters asking them if they had any interest, I think it's beyond idiotic to even think about this tool in Buffalo...but considering who started the thread...

Vick with the Jills would be a true test if he is reformed or not, he'll be shaken for sure. I'm sure he'll try to get them to fight either way.