Hargrove Signed By Saints

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/19/d...ve-finds-a-job/

DE Hargrove finds a job

By Chris Brown - Posted May 19th, 2009

DE Anthony Hargrove, who was suspended by the league for a year after violating the league’s substance abuse policy on the heels of other off the field incidents signed with the New Orleans Saints. That according to the Times-Picayune.

Former Rams interim head coach Joe Vitt is now the Saints’ linebackers coach and reportedly put in a good word. But Hargrove though talented is anything but stable upstairs.

I once had a long conversation with him about the voices in his head. He said there are 11 people living up there and they all “come out” at different times. At first I thought he was pulling my arm, that it was an act, but he rattled off their names like it was nothing. The list by the way included three or four female personalities.

Some of his teammates at the time were convinced he was nuts. Still he was pretty talented and he was a monster on kickoff coverage on special teams. The league re-instated him just this past February.

His former Bills teammates will be able to see him in Week 3 when the Saints come to town, that is if he’s still on the roster. New Orleans has an awful lot of distractions.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he the one who still has an outstanding warrant against him in Monroe County (Rochester)? I wonder if that has to get resolved before he can play in New York State.....

The Staties will be waiting for him outside the visitors lockerroom to pick him up

Wow. Any of you journalistic types bothered by Brown's reporting this? I suppose it's 'on the record', but I would have kept that conversation to myself.

He probably did. But one of his other selves decided to print the story.

Wow. Any of you journalistic types bothered by Brown's reporting this? I suppose it's 'on the record', but I would have kept that conversation to myself.

It depends on what the conversation was like, I suppose. Was it part of a formal interview, or two guys shooting the breeze on a slow day at practice, or ...?

For him to use it, he must believe Hargrove won't have a problem with it. I'm in a different situation -- because I cover mainly preps, there's a TON of stuff I can't/won't go into detail about, because you just don't do that to high school kids.

On a somewhat related note, Chuck Pollock wrote a column yesterday from an interview with a prep football coach. Touchy subject -- the guy was essentially forced out of the job at his alma mater, a couple of months after being asked to coach the Pennsy squad in this year's Big 30 Game. I was standing a few feet away while they talked, and Chuck asked him at least twice if he was OK with this info ending up in the paper ...

On a somewhat related note, Chuck Pollock wrote a column yesterday from an interview with a prep football coach. Touchy subject -- the guy was essentially forced out of the job at his alma mater, a couple of months after being asked to coach the Pennsy squad in this year's Big 30 Game. I was standing a few feet away while they talked, and Chuck asked him at least twice if he was OK with this info ending up in the paper ...

Just read the article Lori. Is the coach upset that it was written?

Just read the article Lori. Is the coach upset that it was written?

I haven't talked to him about it, but I doubt it. He was more than willing to discuss the situation on the record, even though he knew Chuck was recording the conversation.

On the other hand, some of the people he talked about probably aren't real happy with it. That's their problem. :thumbdown:

It depends on what the conversation was like, I suppose. Was it part of a formal interview, or two guys shooting the breeze on a slow day at practice, or ...?

Yeah, but it's all related in such a 'breezy' way. He's 'anything but stable upstairs' 'teammates at the time were convinced he was nuts'. Really? Didn't realize he was qualified to make those statements.

I dunno, he's related some very sensitive info on a player in a very offhanded way.

Can't disagree with that, Sphere. I don't know -- this might be a borderline call for me. But for all we know, maybe Chris did ask him if it was OK to use ...

I haven't talked to him about it, but I doubt it. He was more than willing to discuss the situation on the record, even though he knew Chuck was recording the conversation.

On the other hand, some of the people he talked about probably aren't real happy with it. That's their problem. :thumbdown:

Ah Gotcha. As a young coach myself, some of that stuff does get a little rough. Luckily, I haven't encountered anything that ridiculous yet. I just cannot believe the people mentioned deprived the kids of such an experienced coach!

Don't mind admitting I found it a bit curious as I was reading it. Seems like an odd thing to bring up, especially in that it does little to help anything beyond sounding like a typical Bills fan who needs to denigrate a player who left the team. I've never been a big fan of that. Unless it is aimed at McGahee, who's an idiot.

I played in the Big 30 on the Pennsy side! We won that year.

he's not a real journalist. he works for "state run" media...

:thumbdown:

This is a smear job on a former player by the Bills Director of Communications----oh, I mean "Lead Reporter" Chris Brown.

That guy is a joke.

As for Hargrove, who cares? A waste.