MNF Football

Yeaaa, watching Chuckie during the draft had me wanting more. He will be a nice asset for ESPN and MNF.

I liked his work on NFL Network. I am looking forward to MNF now. Kornheiser will be placed beside these MNF failures:

Fred Williamson

Joe Namath

Dennis Miller

Eric Dickerson

Lisa Guerrero

Joe Theismann

and of course our killer RB, O.J.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

Love the guy on PTI....absolutely sucked in the MNF booth. I look forward to hearing Gruden's comments, he's a straight shooter.

Actually, many of his former players have called him a two faced phony. That is the reason he was fired in Tampa.................he lost the locker room. Still, it should be interesting to watch him on Mondays. His former players all did say he knew how to coach & knew Football.

Actually, many of his former players have called him a two faced phony. That is the reason he was fired in Tampa.................he lost the locker room. Still, it should be interesting to watch him on Mondays. His former players all did say he knew how to coach & knew Football.

Yeah, for those relieved thinking the departure of Korny = a departure of blowhards, bad news.

While I'm glad I won't have to hear the incessant bemoaning of a neurotic Jew, I fear Gruden will bring an intolerable level of sis boom bah ratta tat tat ZING.

Two-faced phonies run businesses, schools, colleges, and every level of government you might care to talk about. Nothing new there.

Plenty of players also qualify, as well as their union. America is a left-leaning entity, so don't go look for much in the way of ethics among leaders and much of the general population. These days, JFK would be vilified as a right-wing radical.

Years ago, I saw some footage. Gruden (he was with OAK) said that he knew he was a shallow individual, who thought nothing of spending every waking hour on football.

Yeah, for those relieved thinking the departure of Korny = a departure of blowhards, bad news.

While I'm glad I won't have to hear the incessant bemoaning of a neurotic Jew, I fear Gruden will bring an intolerable level of sis boom bah ratta tat tat ZING.

Cue the over-sensitive PC police in 3...2...1...

Gruden was a communications major at Dayton, and I'm looking forward to hearing him banter with Jaws. Football 501 -- the graduate-level class -- is now in session.

Perhaps, but I've witnessed many instances where Jaworski was every bit as annoying as any other "football outsider" that many deride like Kornheiser or Dennis Miller. Limited to breaking down game film, Jaworski is top notch. Given more air time, he reminds me a lot of Solomon Weelcots: someone who really should talk less.

Perhaps, but I've witnessed many instances where Jaworski was every bit as annoying as any other "football outsider" that many deride like Kornheiser or Dennis Miller. Limited to breaking down game film, Jaworski is top notch. Given more air time, he reminds me a lot of Solomon Weelcots: someone who really should talk less.

Maybe I'm partial to Jaws because of his WNY roots, but I've never had a problem with him.

Jaws is intelligent so of course he was annoyed with him.

Madden and Kornheiser ought to do a sequel to Dumb and Dumber.

while I was a Madden fan, I can respect anyone who did not enjoy listening to him. we all have our own tastes.

i want to add, however, that it is not fair to pigeon hole Madden with Kornheiser. 2 completely different broadcasters. one knew football inside out(whether you liked him or not), and the other was a journalist with no true football background, or knowledge.

i know that wasnt the point of your post, but felt it was worth commenting on considering it would be an insult to have madden to anything w tony.

I think it will be great to have a real football guy on MNF instead of that long string of non-football goofballs. Limbaugh? Fool. Miller? Elitist wanker. Kornheiser? Never had anything good to say.

I watch football for the football, not for the human interest stories or other opinions. I wouldn't want Chucky as a coach, but I bet he'd have some good insight as an announcer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4174469

I'm pretty happy about this for various reasons...namely being that I would rather listen to an ex-coach talk about the game than a sports journalist.

That is my generic take... Curious about what everyone else thinks...

Gruden was a communications major at Dayton, and I'm looking forward to hearing him banter with Jaws. Football 501 -- the graduate-level class -- is now in session.

Let's hope that's the case. I'm not sure the network will let them have a high level conversation, week-after-week.

I like Tony K a lot, but he was a little out of place on MNF. Of course, I'd prefer they replace Tony with a little silence...3 men in the booth is at least one too many for me.

Thank God they finally got rid of Kornheiser. I think Gruden is an ok choice. At least he's been a part of the game.

At the same time I think Gruden could be a bit of a side show attraction.

I would rather ESPN had hired Dick Vermeil. He's a very good commentator.

Cue the over-sensitive PC police in 3...2...1...

That actually is a stunningly stupid remark.

Guest dog14787

As much as I would like Bill Cowher as the next Bills head coach I would be tickled to death if we somehow got Gruden to coach the Bills.

When you look up coach in the dictionary, they should just have a picture of Jon Gruden, because he says it all.