Ralph Wilson

Wow. Booing Ralph would be the epitome of classlessness. Thank you, Jeffery and Dan for speaking up.

Frankly, I'd feel the same way if someone had booed Dan Marino as his induction. For a Bills fan to boo Ralph on his day is unthinkable. How does someone get themselves so warped that that makes sense? Sure, I understand fans are frustrated, but seriously, they should grow up, get a life, and focus on something they enjoy, not piss on someone who's poured themselves into a venture that has given back oodles to the community.

I understood that part. But are you satisfied with the product? I assume are. Also, that you feel a fan cannot voice his dissatisfaction if he is not.

Let me ask you (or anyone who feels as satisfied with Ralph's current stewardship of the Bills)--if the Bills were to move away, the new owner cleaned house and put together a team that was in the AFCC game or even the SB, would you root for the Bills in that game? Of course you would, if you're a Bills fan.

And no one is going to "boo Ralph" at the HOF ceremony. That's ridiculous.

I am a BUFFALO Bills fan, have been for well over 40 years and will cease to root for them if they move. Ralph Wison may belong in the Hall of Fame for his AFL efforts but I consider him a poor owner considering his "devotion" to winning.

It seems that many poster on this blog have very strong feelings of Ralph Wilson. I recently read a comment from 1 person who says he should be booed at his HOF induction and 4 people are hoping he gets inducted last so they can proudly walk out with there Bills jerseys on. (Zonabb). Forgive me but isin't Mr. Wilson responsible for the Bills being in Buffalo. Isn't Mr. Wilson responsible for finacially saving the AFL keeping the Patriots and Raiders finacially solvent in the early years. 50 years he has given you a football team to root for. They have not all been good years that is with out a doubt. I have never met Mr. Wilson, and I have never spoken to him. So I have no idea what is in his head or his future plans for the team. I only know that he has voted against any relocation of NFL teams. I will not be at the HOF ceremony which is probably a good thing. If I heard you booing him, well you would not be booing him for very long. Mr. Wilson has given you the Bills for 50 years in a small economicaly depressed community. Still he is villified for it by some. I am not saying everyone has got to like him or agree with everything he has done. I for one respect him and thank him for giving me the Buffalo Bills to root for.

For his accomplishments as an owner and original founding member of the AFC Ralph Wilson deserves a place in the Hall of Fame. He has had a long career and he has made some huge mistakes (who has not). The only problem i have with Ralph is that I would rather be a stockholder in one of his companies than a fan of his sports team. When he weighs Profit and winning. Profit seem to come out ahead. He has been loyal to Buffalo and Buffalo has been loyal to him.

You miss the point. I would still root for the Bills if they moved. Doesn't mean I am all for them moving.

Simple, really.

Do you expect there will be and NFL team called "The Bills" if the team leaves Buffalo?

Wow. Booing Ralph would be the epitome of classlessness.

Epitome of classlessness and stupidity.

And, yes, Sam (and others), I support your right to demonstrate your classlessness and stupidity by booing Ralph, should you so choose. The right of people to do stuff like that (and flag burning) should be supported, as it makes the douchebags easier to spot.

How about 1 playoff win every 3 or 4 years instead of every 10 or 15 years? Isn't that what we are paying him for?

What you don't understand is that Ralph can only make all this money by keping the team in Buffalo. It would cost him 100's of millions of $ to move the team (contribution to a new stadium, moving fee to the league). He has abetter situation (tiny investment compared to value of team, debt free, low overhead, rabid fan base who sell out his county owned stadium to cheer on a second tier team coached by third tier talent) than almost all other owners

Unless it's his wife, the next owner is going to be in a much poorer financial position no matter if he moves the team or not.

You should consider this before you emotionally lecture others about this topic.

didn't Art Modell pocket a great sum of money for moving the Browns to Baltimore. He got a signifigant personel gain from it so your argument has very little merit to it.

Epitome of classlessness and stupidity.

And, yes, Sam (and others), I support your right to demonstrate your classlessness and stupidity by booing Ralph, should you so choose. The right of people to do stuff like that (and flag burning) should be supported, as it makes the douchebags easier to spot.

:devil:

Jeffery I dont think you get the concept that without a customer your product wont sell. Without Bills fans Ralphs investment goes down the tubes. The fans are what have kept this team here not wilson. Example is any team that has tried to function in the LA area has, failed. Give the fans from Buffalo thier props. wilson got his payoff from his investment now its time for him to give back to the fans. As an american if I want to boo a guy because of my views on him then I should be able to, besides there isn't a dam thing you could possibly do to stop anyone.

So let the fans form their own team and see how well they enjoy their product.

It seems that many poster on this blog have very strong feelings of Ralph Wilson. I recently read a comment from 1 person who says he should be booed at his HOF induction and 4 people are hoping he gets inducted last so they can proudly walk out with there Bills jerseys on. (Zonabb). Forgive me but isin't Mr. Wilson responsible for the Bills being in Buffalo. Isn't Mr. Wilson responsible for finacially saving the AFL keeping the Patriots and Raiders finacially solvent in the early years. 50 years he has given you a football team to root for. They have not all been good years that is with out a doubt. I have never met Mr. Wilson, and I have never spoken to him. So I have no idea what is in his head or his future plans for the team. I only know that he has voted against any relocation of NFL teams. I will not be at the HOF ceremony which is probably a good thing. If I heard you booing him, well you would not be booing him for very long. Mr. Wilson has given you the Bills for 50 years in a small economicaly depressed community. Still he is villified for it by some. I am not saying everyone has got to like him or agree with everything he has done. I for one respect him and thank him for giving me the Buffalo Bills to root for.

i totally agree. the man is the ONLY reason they are i buffalo. if you are too young and immature to appreciate ALL he has done, which includes providing us with 4 straight super bowl appearances and a connection to the other big cities in America, then do NOT show up to the HOF ceremony and do NOT attend a bills game....

Calm down tough guy, it will be ok. Its a free country and I will boo who I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

For those of you going/annoyed by booers at the HOF, there is a simple solution. Whip out your cell phone cam and take pictures of the booers, post them on any of the free pic sites, and link that here and elsewhere. They want to boo? Ok, make them famous. Let's see how cool they are for booing when their friends find out, and, let the people with photoshop/etc have their fun. Doctored photos get emailed around, laughed at, and sent around some more, sooner or later somebody recognizes somebody, and the hazing starts.

The tools can boo, and while I don't support some sort of physical confrontation to stop them, I do support the public humiliation of: cowards who hide in a crowd and boo, and, the classless. The beauty part is: posting the pictures is exactly as classless as booing Ralph, so it ends up even Steven.

So yes, there is something people can do about booing Ralph, and the "real" reality is: there's nothing booers can do to stop it. Have fun booing. :w00t:

Calm down tough guy, it will be ok. Its a free country and I will boo who I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

You do not even know me and you call me a tough guy. If you were standing in front of me you would probably just call me sir. Boo if you want and then change your name to fakebillsfan. That is all you will ever be in my eyes

Jeffery I dont think you get the concept that without a customer your product wont sell. Without Bills fans Ralphs investment goes down the tubes. The fans are what have kept this team here not wilson. Example is any team that has tried to function in the LA area has, failed. Give the fans from Buffalo thier props. wilson got his payoff from his investment now its time for him to give back to the fans. As an american if I want to boo a guy because of my views on him then I should be able to, besides there isn't a dam thing you could possibly do to stop anyone.

Yep, you can boo him but all that does is prove your ignorance.

As an American, you should honor those who fought for your ability to boo someone. One of the people you should honor and respect is Ralph Wilson, who is a WWII vet.

If you want to boo Ralph and act like a moron, at least respect Ralph for his contribution toward your privilege of acting like an idiot, you ungrateful buffoon.

More money for Modell, what he had wasn't good enough for him. Its choices not immaturity. If I want to boo the bloodsucker then I can and thats my choice. Since when do you decide whats whinning or immature? So let me get this right, if I go to order a hamburger and when my order comes it is a bun with no burger I should shut my mouth and eat what was served me? Or should I say, excuse me but this isnt what I paid for? Or would that be pissing and whinning, or maybe immature? Hmm, I think wilson owes everyone a burger, or two, or three.

No, douche, you should go to another hamburger stand. Please do. Try the Raiders.

Fwiw, I would not even think of booing Mr. Wilson. As Todd said, he is a WWII veteran, and he just lost his daughter. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child.

Maybe this ceremony can destract him from this horrible loss, if even for a brief moment.

I understand frustration as a fan, but the induction is not the moment to express it imho.