Ralph Wilson

It seems that many poster on this blog have very strong feelings of Ralph Wilson. I recently read a comment from 1 person who says he should be booed at his HOF induction and 4 people are hoping he gets inducted last so they can proudly walk out with there Bills jerseys on. (Zonabb). Forgive me but isin't Mr. Wilson responsible for the Bills being in Buffalo. Isn't Mr. Wilson responsible for finacially saving the AFL keeping the Patriots and Raiders finacially solvent in the early years. 50 years he has given you a football team to root for. They have not all been good years that is with out a doubt. I have never met Mr. Wilson, and I have never spoken to him. So I have no idea what is in his head or his future plans for the team. I only know that he has voted against any relocation of NFL teams. I will not be at the HOF ceremony which is probably a good thing. If I heard you booing him, well you would not be booing him for very long. Mr. Wilson has given you the Bills for 50 years in a small economicaly depressed community. Still he is villified for it by some. I am not saying everyone has got to like him or agree with everything he has done. I for one respect him and thank him for giving me the Buffalo Bills to root for.

It seems that many poster on this blog have very strong feelings of Ralph Wilson. I recently read a comment from 1 person who says he should be booed at his HOF induction and 4 people are hoping he gets inducted last so they can proudly walk out with there Bills jerseys on. (Zonabb). Forgive me but isin't Mr. Wilson responsible for the Bills being in Buffalo. Isn't Mr. Wilson responsible for finacially saving the AFL keeping the Patriots and Raiders finacially solvent in the early years. 50 years he has given you a football team to root for. They have not all been good years that is with out a doubt. I have never met Mr. Wilson, and I have never spoken to him. So I have no idea what is in his head or his future plans for the team. I only know that he has voted against any relocation of NFL teams. I will not be at the HOF ceremony which is probably a good thing. If I heard you booing him, well you would not be booing him for very long. Mr. Wilson has given you the Bills for 50 years in a small economicaly depressed community. Still he is villified for it by some. I am not saying everyone has got to like him or agree with everything he has done. I for one respect him and thank him for giving me the Buffalo Bills to root for.

Jeffery I dont think you get the concept that without a customer your product wont sell. Without Bills fans Ralphs investment goes down the tubes. The fans are what have kept this team here not wilson. Example is any team that has tried to function in the LA area has, failed. Give the fans from Buffalo thier props. wilson got his payoff from his investment now its time for him to give back to the fans. As an american if I want to boo a guy because of my views on him then I should be able to, besides there isn't a dam thing you could possibly do to stop anyone.

Jeffery I dont think you get the concept that without a customer your product wont sell. Without Bills fans Ralphs investment goes down the tubes. The fans are what have kept this team here not wilson. Example is any team that has tried to function in the LA area has, failed. Give the fans from Buffalo thier props. wilson got his payoff from his investment now its time for him to give back to the fans. As an american if I want to boo a guy because of my views on him then I should be able to, besides there isn't a dam thing you could possibly do to stop anyone.

do you really think that if there were no Bills fans his investment goes down the tubes no. Then he sells or moves the team where others can cheer for them. Exactly what does he owe the fans? cheaper tickets? A better stadium? I am not sure what you want him to give the fans.

i want him quit selling games off to toronto and spend money on competent coaches and a GM. is that too much to ask of a career loser?

Jeff Fisher is the highest paid coach in football what has he won? and calling Mr. Wilson a career looser is just an incorrect statement. Be happy for the TO money it just might be the thing that saves the Bills in Buffalo

do you really think that if there were no Bills fans his investment goes down the tubes no. Then he sells or moves the team where others can cheer for them. Exactly what does he owe the fans? cheaper tickets? A better stadium? I am not sure what you want him to give the fans.

How about 1 playoff win every 3 or 4 years instead of every 10 or 15 years? Isn't that what we are paying him for?

What you don't understand is that Ralph can only make all this money by keping the team in Buffalo. It would cost him 100's of millions of $ to move the team (contribution to a new stadium, moving fee to the league). He has abetter situation (tiny investment compared to value of team, debt free, low overhead, rabid fan base who sell out his county owned stadium to cheer on a second tier team coached by third tier talent) than almost all other owners

Unless it's his wife, the next owner is going to be in a much poorer financial position no matter if he moves the team or not.

You should consider this before you emotionally lecture others about this topic.

How about 1 playoff win every 3 or 4 years instead of every 10 or 15 years? Isn't that what we are paying him for?

We are paying to be entertained. This is an entertainment business. If you're not entertained, or not happy with the production, or not getting what you think you're paying for, then don't pay.

So is that why Modell moved the Browns? He lacked fan support in Cleveland. Or how about Irsay, I supposed he moved the Colts because Baltimore didn't want the team anymore.

It all makes sense now. :devil:

All I have to say is for all the people that want a new owner of the Bills, just be a little more patient. You will get your wish soon enough. And hopefully, you won't get exactly what you deserve.

I, for one, will be at the HOF Ceremony and I'll do all I can to make sure my cheers drown out any potential boos from completely classless and immature individuals that can't comprehend all that Ralph has done for Buffalo, the NFL, and for most all of us here on this board.

I'm sorry but all this pissing and moaning about Ralph is akin to an immature child whining because Mommy and Daddy bought him/her a used Mercedes for their birthday and not a brand new one. Whaa.. whhaaa I want everything and if you don't give me everything then I don't like you.. whaaa whaaa.

Guest dog14787

Go ahead Mr tough guy, see what booing at Ralph Wilson induction into the hall of fame gets you. It may not be legal, but I'll bet you get a rude awakening as to what some folks are capable of doing. :devil:

We are paying to be entertained. This is an entertainment business. If you're not entertained, or not happy with the production, or not getting what you think you're paying for, then don't pay.

I understood that part. But are you satisfied with the product? I assume are. Also, that you feel a fan cannot voice his dissatisfaction if he is not.

Let me ask you (or anyone who feels as satisfied with Ralph's current stewardship of the Bills)--if the Bills were to move away, the new owner cleaned house and put together a team that was in the AFCC game or even the SB, would you root for the Bills in that game? Of course you would, if you're a Bills fan.

And no one is going to "boo Ralph" at the HOF ceremony. That's ridiculous.

So is that why Modell moved the Browns? He lacked fan support in Cleveland. Or how about Irsay, I supposed he moved the Colts because Baltimore didn't want the team anymore.

All I have to say is for all the people that want a new owner of the Bills, just be a little more patient. You will get your wish soon enough. And hopefully, you won't get exactly what you deserve.

I, for one, will be at the HOF Ceremony and I'll do all I can to make sure my cheers drown out any potential boos from completely classless and immature individuals that can't comprehend all that Ralph has done for Buffalo, the NFL, and for most all of us here on this board.

I'm sorry but all this pissing and moaning about Ralph is akin to an immature child whining because Mommy and Daddy bought him/her a used Mercedes for their birthday and not a brand new one. Whaa.. whhaaa I want everything and if you don't give me everything then I don't like you.. whaaa whaaa.

Yeah, great Bills fans, boo when the only owner the team has ever had is enshrined in the Hall of Fame. Buffalo is not in the NFL w/out him period. If you want to protest then don't watch the games, go to the games or buy the merchandise. You are calling a man who gives countless dollars to charities and anonymously helps people a loser. Hold your heads high

you are great human beings. Times have been tough for Bills fans but the Ralph bashing is ridiculous.

More money for Modell, what he had wasn't good enough for him. Its choices not immaturity. If I want to boo the bloodsucker then I can and thats my choice. Since when do you decide whats whinning or immature? So let me get this right, if I go to order a hamburger and when my order comes it is a bun with no burger I should shut my mouth and eat what was served me? Or should I say, excuse me but this isnt what I paid for? Or would that be pissing and whinning, or maybe immature? Hmm, I think wilson owes everyone a burger, or two, or three.

Go ahead Mr tough guy, see what booing at Ralph Wilson induction into the hall of fame gets you. It may not be legal, but I'll bet you get a rude awakening as to what some folks are capable of doing. :devil:

I see, you have to be tough to make a choice in this country? I am pretty sure there will be no rude awakenings if booing happens at the HOF ceremony. I am betting there will be cheering going along with the booing. Remember there wont be any tailgating parties at the ceremony to make people feel as if they are 13ft tall.

More money for Modell, what he had wasn't good enough for him. Its choices not immaturity. If I want to boo the bloodsucker then I can and thats my choice. Since when do you decide whats whinning or immature? So let me get this right, if I go to order a hamburger and when my order comes it is a bun with no burger I should shut my mouth and eat what was served me? Or should I say, excuse me but this isnt what I paid for? Or would that be pissing and whinning, or maybe immature? Hmm, I think wilson owes everyone a burger, or two, or three.

So Modell moved for more money, but Ralph is the bloodsucker? Why? Because he decided to turn down more lucrative offers to move the team and has kept the ticket prices at or near the lowest in the league? I don't follow that line of logic.

And, no, I don't decide who's acting immature and who's not - I'm merely pointing out what's fairly obvious. Ordering a hamburger and getting just a bun is not even in the same realm of reality for an analogy. Ralph owns a football team and for 50 seasons has put a football team on the field. Now, you don't like the football team on the field and want to whine about it. Yes, that's your right. But, ever hear of the expression, don't bite the hand that feeds you?

Back to your analogy, would you complain and gripe because you order a hamburger and they gave you a hamburger, but it didn't taste like a Burger King hamburger? No, you'd go to Burger King. Ralph has fielded an NFL team in Buffalo for 50 years. You're pissing because he's not fielded a winning team or a good enough team. Well, if you want to win every year, follow the Pats* or Cowboys or whatever the latest greatest team is. But ya know what... for all the great moves the Cowboys have made each year in fielding a great team; they've won just as many playoff games as Buffalo this decade.

I understood that part. But are you satisfied with the product? I assume are. Also, that you feel a fan cannot voice his dissatisfaction if he is not.

Let me ask you (or anyone who feels as satisfied with Ralph's current stewardship of the Bills)--if the Bills were to move away, the new owner cleaned house and put together a team that was in the AFCC game or even the SB, would you root for the Bills in that game? Of course you would, if you're a Bills fan.

And no one is going to "boo Ralph" at the HOF ceremony. That's ridiculous.

So you would be all for the LA Bills or the Fargo Bills as long as they're winning? So, why not become a Steelers fan? They just won the Superbowl. I guess it comes down to what's more important - cheering for a winning team or cheering for a Buffalo team?

Guest dog14787
I see, you have to be tough to make a choice in this country? I am pretty sure there will be no rude awakenings if booing happens at the HOF ceremony. I am betting there will be cheering going along with the booing. Remember there wont be any tailgating parties at the ceremony to make people feel as if they are 13ft tall.

Actually no, stupid works just as well with choices like booing an elderly man who is very well loved and admired at a ceremony in his honor. :devil:

So you would be all for the LA Bills or the Fargo Bills as long as they're winning? So, why not become a Steelers fan? They just won the Superbowl. I guess it comes down to what's more important - cheering for a winning team or cheering for a Buffalo team?

You miss the point. I would still root for the Bills if they moved. Doesn't mean I am all for them moving.

Simple, really.

You miss the point. I would still root for the Bills if they moved. Doesn't mean I am all for them moving.

Simple, really.

Not really. As I see it, you're rooting for a team you like to win. I'm rooting for a team from Buffalo to win. If the Bills move, they're no longer a team from Buffalo. Therefore, watching them win would be about as fulfilling for me as watching the Browns or Cardinals win.

I read that comment earlier this morning... :devil:

You Boo Wilson...you might as well Boo yourself for actually being a Bills fan...

WTF do these people have downs syndrome...Who in the F walks out proudly with their Bills jerseys on for an HOF owner that has kept this team here for 50 years???

To the guy that wants to Boo, I hope your children Boo you for creating them because they're probably idiots just like you!

Of course you can voice your dissatisfaction. Don't buy tickets, don't watch the team. That will say plenty. I, for one, don't feel that booing the owner has anything to do with anything.

I wouldn't give two sh!ts about the team if they moved away.