It is to laugh

dib

Miami Dolfelon fan quote: "Jason Taylor's back now we're defenitely going to the Superbowl" Can't make this stuff up.

It's still not as funny as those fans predicting a winning record for the Bills in that other thread. :worthy:

It's still not as funny as those fans predicting a winning record for the Bills in that other thread. :worthy:

Not really. With a sweep of the Dols that 7-9 becomes 9-7, at least. :worthy:

Miami Dolfelon fan quote: "Jason Taylor's back now we're defenitely going to the Superbowl" Can't make this stuff up.

It certainly gives them a much better chance than a lot of teams in the NFL. I don't understand the point of this condescending post really. Jason Taylor is an elite player and a major acquisition for a team that is suddenly playing in one of the most talented division professional football has ever known.

Dolphins fans have the right to be happy and excited about it, and it *does* make them a very strong looking contender, at least for now. Wait until they acquire Anquan Boldin and go check the threads. The Fins are going to be every bit as talented on paper as any other AFC east team and should not be underestimated.

It certainly gives them a much better chance than a lot of teams in the NFL. I don't understand the point of this condescending post really. Jason Taylor is an elite player and a major acquisition for a team that is suddenly playing in one of the most talented division professional football has ever known.

Dolphins fans have the right to be happy and excited about it, and it *does* make them a very strong looking contender, at least for now. Wait until they acquire Anquan Boldin and go check the threads. The Fins are going to be every bit as talented on paper as any other AFC east team and should not be underestimated.

I wonder then why did the redskins release this elite player?

i was just wondering, how did Jason taylor do last year?

He was injured most of the year and needed two surgeries http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3662510 to fix blood pooling in his calf. I don't think he was ever at 100% after the arizona game. He still had more sacks and about the same amount of tackles at Chris Kelsay recorded last year in 16 games. Throw that in with him playing in a 3-4 defense in a pass rushing role and I think you'll see quite the improvement in Taylor this year

That is true: They will be going to the Superbowl.

Section 405 has been reserved for them. They can wave to the pilot when the blimp goes by.

Probably because he did not fit into that club house nor its philosophy...Plus taylor has lived his life in Miami the last 10+ years...May be his mind was just not set in Washington and hated the cold.....Remember his spurned 8M guaranteed on opening day with the Redskins to play for the Dolphins for 2M.

They released him because the Skins proposed modifying his contract to require 25 offseason workouts in Ashburn, VA, and he refused, preferring instead to spend the offseason in Miami with his family.

Don't you guys read anything?

You dolphin haters just show that you can't look at things objectively.

The Redskins released Taylor because he refused to show for OTA's and told them he would work out in Miami and wanted to be with his family, even though the Skins would have paid him mega bucks to just show up.

My take is he was watching the Dolphins make the playoffs last season while stuck with the hapless redskins and wanted to rejoin Miami. All the talk about his signing with the Patriots was most likely a ploy to make the Dolphins want to resign him. The Dolphins signed him for much less money then he would have made if he had stayed with the Redskins, like 2 mill vs 8 mill.

Joey Porter had 17 sacks last season playing part time, this season he will play every down, and now the phins have Jason Taylor on the other side of Porter and not some scrub unknown.

If Taylor is completly healthy I'd say the Dolphins will be even better on defense and may break some sack records :thumbdown:

Jeez,good thing the Bills just rebuilt that O line and lost Jason Peters, who was the only tackle capable of handling Taylor.

I suspect Trent Edwards won't last 4 games this season :thumbdown: Well, look at it this way,when the Bills get that first pick they can always draft TT. Wonder who the new HC will be?

The Redskins released Taylor because he refused to show for OTA's and told them he would work out in Miami and wanted to be with his family, even though the Skins would have paid him mega bucks to just show up.

My take is he was watching the Dolphins make the playoffs last season while stuck with the hapless redskins and wanted to rejoin Miami. All the talk about his signing with the Patriots was most likely a ploy to make the Dolphins want to resign him. The Dolphins signed him for much less money then he would have made if he had stayed with the Redskins, like 2 mill vs 8 mill.

Joey Porter had 17 sacks last season playing part time, this season he will play every down, and now the phins have Jason Taylor on the other side of Porter and not some scrub unknown.

If Taylor is completly healthy I'd say the Dolphins will be even better on defense and may break some sack records :thumbdown:

Jeez,good thing the Bills just rebuilt that O line and lost Jason Peters, who was the only tackle capable of handling Taylor.

I suspect Trent Edwards won't last 4 games this season :thumbdown: Well, look at it this way,when the Bills get that first pick they can always draft TT. Wonder who the new HC will be?

Yes this theory would be true except that New England was after him as well and reportedly willing to give him more money.

It certainly gives them a much better chance than a lot of teams in the NFL. I don't understand the point of this condescending post really. Jason Taylor is was an elite player and a major acquisition for a team that is suddenly playing in one of the most talented division professional football has ever known.

fixed

Yes this theory would be true except that New England was after him as well and reportedly willing to give him more money.
Yeah,like I said above, My take is he was watching the Dolphins make the playoffs last season while stuck with the hapless redskins and wanted to rejoin Miami. All the talk about his signing with the Patriots was most likely a ploy to make the Dolphins want to resign him.

Both the Redskins and Patriots would have given him more then the 1.5 Mil he got from Miami, he wants to play for a winner, AND be near his family, which is in Miami.

Also, loyalties do run deep, which is why I could never understand Thurman Thomas putting on that Phins uniform...

If Taylor is completly healthy I'd say the Dolphins will be even better on defense and may break some sack records :w00t:

I suspect Trent Edwards won't last 4 games this season :w00t: Well, look at it this way,when the Bills get that first pick they can always draft TT. Wonder who the new HC will be?

unless Ralph dies, even if the Bills go winless and get the first pick, Dick will be back because he has years left on his contract.

Dick is here for the duration.

You should read this wall more -- Langston Walker is really good and will be much better at LT than Peters :devil:

unless Ralph dies, even if the Bills go winless and get the first pick, Dick will be back because he has years left on his contract.

Dick is here for the duration.

You should read this wall more -- Langston Walker is really good and will be much better at LT than Peters :devil:

Walker is a good RIGHT tackle,not great but good enough on the right side to get the job done. At left tackle he is in trouble with quicker / faster pass rushers. You don't need to take my word for it,watch what happens this season if they keep him at left tackle.

The guys is 6'8'' and 366 lbs and really not all that quick. You would think with that height and size he would be a one man road grader in the running game but he has troubles.